Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

A Stranger And His Story

A scream echoed through the halls and I jolted up in to a sitting position. I let my eye sight adjust before I remembered what had happened last night and the scream must have came from Amber!

"LINZI WHO THE HELL IS HE?!" I heard her frightened voice shout up the stairs to me.

I grabbed my house coat and tied it tight before running down stairs. I saw Amber backed up against the TV which was on. I looked from her frightened and surprised face to the strangers calm and peaceful one. I smiled despite the situation but Amber's hissing brought me back.

"Who the hell is he? How did he get in here? What did you do? Why didn't you tell me?!" Amber hissed.

"I don't know who he is, I let him in last night, I helped him in and let him sleep on the sofa and I didn't tell you because you were tired and grumpy and I couldn't be bothered to tell you"

I smiled answering her questions.
Amber glared at me.

"You let a stranger in our house?" She asked hysterically.

"Well, I wasn't going to let him freeze to death on our doorstep!" I retorted.

"You could have just given him some money and put him on a bus!" Amber snapped.

"Amber, he's hurt and he was tired, he really needed somewhere to rest! I wasn't just going to give him money and send him away!" I said.

"Why not? You don't know him! For all you know he could be some deranged psychopath! Or a murderer hiding form the cops! Or...or..."

"Alright enough already" I rolled my eyes.

"Look, if your so worried about this, don't help, don't interact with him and leave all of it to me. He is my responsibility until he leaves" I said calmly and looked down onto his soft features.

It was once again late in the afternoon and Amber had gone out, although she was unsure about leaving me in the house with a stranger. I rolled my eyes at her notion and told her to call every hour if she was that worried - she had called every hour. I sat curled up on an arm chair watching Kerrang! Nothing else was on, but a film I had always wanted to see was coming on in twenty minutes, so I settled for music until then. Although I had it down low as not to wake the stranger. I shook my head from side to side to the beat of the song; High School Never Ends by Bowling for Soup. I smiled at the video finding it funny.

"Good morning" A smooth silky voice said.

I looked round to the sofa sharply and saw the stranger smiling at me sitting up. I smiled
back and sat with my legs crossed. I watched him as he got comfortable.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"A glass of water would do fine thank you" He said with a groan.

I got up and grabbed a tumbler form the cupboards above the breakfast bar and gave him some water from the tap. I handed it to him and he drank it all but a small trickle of the water spilled down his mouth to his throat. I giggled and he looked at me, smiling then wiping his chin and throat.
He placed the glass down and I watched his pale hand.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

His voice held curiosity and interest which made me smile.

"Linzi Kingston, and you are?" I asked.

"Nathaniel Huston" He held out his hand.

I went to shake it but he looked up at me as he raised my hand and kissed it. His lips were soft and unlike his hands; warm.
His eyes looked deep into mine and I found myself gazing back just as deep. I felt like I was going to drown...yet I wasn't panicking. He let go of my hand slowly and I cleared my throat feeling my face grow bright red, he smiled.

"So uh...what brought you to my house?" I asked.

"The Wind" He smiled.

I smiled back and shook my head.

"I meant...what happened? Why did the wind carry you here?" I asked.

I felt as curious as his voice when he wanted to learn my name.

"I got in a fight with a group of people. Nothing serious" I knew he was lying.

"Oh...well...it seems pretty serious" I said and pointed to the blood stained shirt.

Nathaniel looked down and nodded in remembrance.

"No that's OK, I took care of it earlier before you and your friend woke up" He said.

I blushed more.

"Did she wake you?" I asked.

"No, I was just falling back asleep when she started to scream" He smiled.

I giggled nervously.

"I'm sorry about that, she just got a fright" I shrugged lightly.

"That’s OK, I know she was a little freaked when she woke up to see a strange man lying on her couch" He laughed.

I smiled, his laugh was like a melody, soft and enchanting.

"So, I'll make us some breakfast...if you tell me all about you" I smiled.

He chuckled and I smiled again.

"As long as you return the favour" He smirked slyly.

I giggled and nodded.

I was amazed at Nathaniel’s story. His father was a rich tycoon living on his private beach somewhere in the Caribbean, he was just here on holiday when he and his friends got into a fight. They were at a club not far from here and a bunch of muggers had spotted them in the pub and followed them on their walk home and soon they surround Nathaniel and his friends. They all started to fight and Nathaniel’s friends ran away leaving him to the group of 7. They beat him yet there was no scratch or bruise on him until one pulled out a knife and stabbed him in the side, he said it wasn't’t a long bladed knife so it hadn't’t cut him deep, just broke the surface of his skin. I knew that was a lie to since the stain was dark and thick. I couldn't believe his friends had abandoned him. He also told me that he was too weak to walk all the way back to his house and hoped to get to his friends house which was just a block away from mine, but he collapsed on the pavement and decided to try at my house for help. The wind had helped him get along the streets and then helped him climb the small front steps to the front door, and that's when I woke up. He then told me all about himself, when he was small and when he was growing and what his parents were like and what it was like for him to watch his father get so rich. It was quite an entertaining story.

I in-turn told him all about me, my life when growing and finding out I was adopted as a child, although I left out the whole part of me being psycic. I didn't want to freak him out. It was near seven at night when the door slammed open and Amber yelled as she tried to close the door.

"Excuse me" I got up from the table and went to help Amber with the door.

Amber's thick red hair was covered with a light lair of snow and the top of her head with a hat. We shut the door and I smiled at her, she had bought some more clothes.

"Hey how’s things with the guy?" She asked.

"Oh, fine, he's been awake for hours now, come meet him" I smiled.

I walked back into the kitchen followed by Amber who smiled politely at Nathaniel.

"Amber this is Nathaniel, Nathaniel this is Amber" I introduced them.

"Hi" Amber smiled.

"Hi" Nathaniel shook her hand.

I frowned but stopped and smiled, why did he greet us different?

"I'll put on some tea" I smiled