Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

A Vampire's Story

My head was throbbing, it felt so heavy I could barely lift it off the soft pillow under my head. I clutched the covers as I tried to sit up, I clutched my head once I was up. I looked down once the pain dulled a little and saw the red cotton sheets beneath me. I frowned, this wasn't my bed...nor Ambers. I threw the covers off me and stood up, but my head pounded loud in my ears and I felt dizzy, so I sat back down on the bed.

"Hey Linzi"

I gasped and turned round to see Nathaniel standing at a door. I stood up again and backed away from him a bit and looked at him hard. I didn't hate a lot of people, but I was unsure weather I hated Nathaniel or not. I saw a flash of hurt in his gorgeous eyes, but I continued to stare hard. He moved towards me round the bed, and I moved further away towards the curtained windows. I noticed that all the material in this room was red, and the wood like the four poster bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers were a maroon brown colour. I shook my head and focussed on Nathaniel as he continued to get closer.

"Linzi, please...I have to explain this to you" He said.

Nathaniel held out his hand to me, my heart told me to take his hand, sit and listen to him. Although my gut and head told me to run to the window and just throw myself out.

"Alright..." I said unsurely.

Nathaniel watched me as I moved around him to sit on the bed. After that he sat near me, but I moved away. He pouted but I raised an eyebrow and he sighed.

"OK so" He cleared his throat.

"Well...I guess I could start by telling you the real truth about me" He said.

I looked him dead in the eyes and I saw no lie or doubt in his eyes when he said;

"I'm a Vampire"

My heart pounded and so did my head. I winced a little and Nathaniel tilted his head a little at me but I nodded slightly to let him know I was ok.

"In real, I'm not a twenty year old, I'm actually forty, I know it doesn't seem long but, I haven't been a Vampire long. I was turned when I was twenty by the Vampire King" He said.

I snorted.

"Vampire King?" I asked.

"Yes...I didn't believe in Vampires until I was thirteen, my father was dying and my mother had left us when I was born. My father's best friend was the Vampire King, but of course my father never knew. When my father died and I inherited his house I used to stay up almost all the time and write when I wasn't working, I had always wanted to be a writer. Although I was so young, Kalleb, the Vampire King had decided to live with me, and that’s when I found out about Vampires." Nathaniel hung his head a little as memories flooded his mind.

I felt bad for him and I hated myself for being so mean to him, but I was scared! That doesn't happen! Although...I was still a jerk...

"Then after I turned sixteen, Kalleb had left the city and went to his secret castle that I'm not going to tell you where it is" He smiled.

I smiled back and he cleared his throat.

"Before he left he told me that when I was twenty he would visit. I had been left a lot of money, and I had gotten a job when my father died. It was only a day job, but people who knew my father got me employed for full time by the time I was fifteen, so I was doing great. Then when I turned twenty, Kalleb came as he said and he told me that because he had no wife to bare him children, he needed me to be the heir to his throne. Of course I didn't believe him at first but then I knew by the look he gave me, he wasn't lying" Nathaniel sighed.

Images of the vision I had flashed through my mind and I clutched my head. Nathaniel held my arms gently.

"Linzi are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded but I was in so much pain, my head was already sore from earlier...and now the flashes of Nathaniel’s past had made it so much worse.

"Are you sure? What's wrong?" He asked.

I felt a tear slide from my eye, and then everything stopped, the pain, the images, everything. I looked at Nathaniel and wiped the tear away.

"I'm sorry...well...I guess I should tell you the truth too...but you better not laugh at me" I smiled gently.

Nathaniel raised an eyebrow and nodded, I took a deep breath.

"I'm sort of...phsycic" I said.

Nathaniel smiled at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Sort of?" He asked.

"Well...I say things and they happen, but it's nothing that big, the biggest thing that happened was when I told Amber I had a vision of us in the house we live in now, it turns out after I told her that her parents had bought her" I shrugged.

He nodded and I sighed.

"But last night...when I looked at your neck it was because, when you touched me after we had ran into the woods, I saw your past. Just a glimpse of what you just told me. I saw a man come from the shadows of your house while you were sitting writing, and you were talking, but I couldn’t hear what you were saying. Then he jumped on you and bit your neck, you struggled but stopped eventually and then you fell to the floor, but you got back up and you two talked again, then he left and that’s when it finished. And that's when I looked at your neck" I said.

Nathaniel stared wide eyed then nodded slowly, suddenly going deep into thought. I sighed.

"I didn't want you to know in case you thought I was crazy or something." I said.

Nathaniel nodded and chuckled.

"Well, I wouldn't have thought you were crazy, I mean it's possible, I mean look I'm a Vampire" He smiled.

We laughed lightly and I sighed.

"So your the Vampire Prince?" I asked.

Nathaniel laughed and I smiled. I was suddenly hungry and Nathaniel decided to show me around his small yet lavish house. It was dark but very cosy and homely.

"Well...yeah, yeah I guess you could say I'm the Prince" He smiled.

I giggled and he grinned.

"That means you have to do everything I say" He smiled.

I laughed and walked backwards so I could face him as we walked.

"Um no I don't! I'm not a Vampire" I stuck my tongue out.

Nathaniel grabbed my arms and I smiled and he grinned.

"Hm...we can change that" He smiled.

I gigged and he pretended to bite my neck, but he licked it and I squealed. Nathaniel laughed and I pushed him off me grinning, but I couldn't believe he'd licked me! I wiped my neck and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Now, you have to listen to me" He smiled.

I pretended to be a servant and I bowed my head.

"Oh your Majesty, how may I serve you?" I snickered.

"Hm...you can...fetch me some dinner" He said.

I nodded and pretended to grab a tray from the kitchen.

"Highness" I bowed my head.

We laughed and I walked normally next to him. I caught him glancing at me, he smiled and I smiled back. We reached the kitchen and I grinned, it was silver and metallic colours. It had a small breakfast bar where I sat myself and Nathaniel leaned against it form the other side. He leaned with his chin propped on his hands, we smiled again.

"You know...you could give me a kiss" He smiled.

My heart thumped against my chest and my stomach tickled. I tried not to wince, to show him that what he said had effected me. I giggled and he smiled and raised an eye brow.

"Alright, your Highness" I giggled and I pecked his cheek.

"There's your kiss" I smiled.

"What about my other cheek and my lips? They're feeling left out" He smiled.

I laughed and kissed his other cheek, he raised his eyebrow again and I giggled.

"Maybe later" I teased and he laughed.

After Nethaniel made us dinner, I walked around the house Nathaniel had some business to take care of, but it was when I was walking by an open window that I looked out and I gasped. We were surrounded by a wood, and it wasn't any wood I knew and it wasn't snowing. I opened the window as wide as it would go and I leaned out hoping to recognise where we were, but I didn't...Where the hell are we?!