Sequel: Changing Sides
Status: Finished

Behind Enemy Lines

Electric

"I'm beginning to question why I trusted either of you." I said, drumming my fingers on my knee.

"Why? I'm not lying. The doctor was sacrificed." Scott said for the millionth time.

"And what do butterflies have to do with it?"

"I don't really know but animals have been acting really weird lately. Just trust me, okay. Whoever's killing these people is going after healers now. So my mom could be in danger. It's our job as supernatural beings to protect her."

Scott had come back from dropping dinner for his mom at the hospital claiming that a doctor had been killed by someone who is apparently performing ritual sacrifices or something. He said he looked in the doctor's car and there were butterflies inside. I don't really know what he was going on about. The whole thing seemed pretty crazy to me.

"Look, Scott, you know I love your mom. Really, I do. But I am not keeping watch over her in case some nut job tries to kidnap and kill her. She'll be fine."

"Come on, Hannah. What if Scott's right and something does happen to Melissa. Better safe than sorry." Something about the look Isaac gave me as he said it made it impossible for me to say no.

"Fine. What's the plan?"

"We'll all stay in her room tonight and take turns keeping watch." Scott said matter-of-factly.

"I'll go change into some more comfortable clothes ." I groaned, rolling my eyes as I went upstairs to the guest room where all my things were.

□☾□

"Guys. GUYS!" Melissa called, waking me, and both boys, up. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh, we were watching over you." Isaac said nervously.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice." Scott explained.

"But you were all asleep."

Scott and Isaac looked at each other before fighting over who was on watch last.

"I might've been on watch last." Isaac admitted.

"My heroes." Melissa said sarcastically.

"It was Scott's idea." I wasn't getting in trouble for this.

"Wait, didn't you say they were all doctors? I mean I haven't had an M.D. recently attached to the end of my name so I think I'm in the clear."

"Yeah, but you're a nurse. It could just come under any kind of healer, mom."

"Well I made it through the night safely, so you and Isaac better get to school if you want to make it through the day the same way."

□☾□

"You're home early." I said through mouthfuls of my lunch.

"I'm terribly sick." Isaac sad jokingly. "And so is Boyd." He added as a guy who I had never seen before walked in the door behind him. "Finish eating. We've gotta get to Derek's and we need your help."

"Lemme guess, bossy alphas are the next target?" I sighed, getting up and putting my plate in the sink.

"No, we've got an idea to kill the alphas."

"You could've mentioned we were killing werewolves." I smirked, grabbing my hoodie.

"Why are you so hunter-y lately?"

"Because there are people dying and the alpha pack is probably the reason why."

□☾□

"Go back to school." I heard Derek say as we stepped inside the loft. Guess he was alive after all.

"Well actually we can't. Boyd and I are incredibly and unbelievably sick."

"With what? Brain damage?"

"Well, I have a migraine, and, uh, Boyd here has, uh, explosive diarrhea."

"We're here to protect you." Boyd said, rolling his eyes at the last part of Isaac's statement.

"You're here to protect me?" Derek asked, walking down the spiral staircase. "Well, I'm in trouble then."

"Actually, Boyd here came up with a plan."

"And what's she doing here?" Derek nodded in my direction.

"We needed her expertise."

"I was thinking about how the hunters tie werewolves up with electrical wires, pushing currents through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that, but on a bigger scale." Boyd explained, unzipping a duffle bag which I assumed was full of supplies. He then went over to a water tap on the wall. "In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to 50 milliamps to kill a normal human. Less than the power it takes to turn on a lightbulb." He said, turning to water on.

"That's comforting." Derek commented.

"If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current'll keep coming. And anyone who steps foot in here, well, they'll get a pretty shockin' surprise."

"Especially someone who's barefoot." Isaac added.

"You guys are crazy." I said.

'I don't know, this could actually work." Derek shrugged, looking at the growing puddle on his floor.

□☾□

"Isn't the light on that supposed to be on?" Isaac asked, pointing at Derek's security system.

"Yeah." Derek didn't look too happy.

"What does it mean if it's not?"

"Someone cut the auxiliary power."

"Yeah, but what about the main-" Boyd started, but stopped when the loft went black.

I really gotta stop trusting these idiots.

"Derek, what do we do now?" Isaac asked as Derek walked through the water, unscathed.

"We fight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Serious question that I'd really appreciate answers to: How do you feel about a sequel?

I'm worried Isaac's gonna die this season, I'll be honest. And I don't exactly want to write about my favorite character dying. I have plans for another Teen Wolf fic that could easily be made into a sequel that happens from a different perspective, but that's so lame and overdone. Gimme your thoughts please.

-Amy