Sequel: Changing Sides
Status: Finished

Behind Enemy Lines

Friends and Enemies

"Grab your hunting gear, we've got a job to do." Isaac said the moment he stepped inside.

"Can this not be a regular thing please?" I sighed, getting up from the couch and heading upstairs to grab my backpack. "Who are we saving this time?"

"Killing actually. Well we think. It's Allison's dad. She thinks he's the one sacrificing people."

"Again with the ritual sacrifices!" I groaned jokingly, tying my shoes. 'Wait...isn't Allison the hunter?"

"Uh, yeah.."

"But she'll kill me if she finds out about anything."

"But her dad will kill more than just you if we don't stop him."

"So you kiss me...and then you pretty much put my life on the line to help another girl? Where the hell are you getting your dating tips from?"

"That kiss was a mistake, can you not bring it up."

"I dunno, I kinda liked it. not really something I want to forget." I grinned.

He gave me a funny look back, before shaking his head. "We'll discuss this later."

I followed Isaac out the door and down the driveway to a car driven by a girl I assumed was Allison.

"Allison, Hannah. Hannah, Allison." Isaac introduced as we slid into our seats.

□☾□

"Stay behind me and stay quiet." Allison instructed as we got out. She didn't notice when I rolled my eyes, but Isaac did. He smirked, then muttered something under his breath. We made our way into the industrial type building, Allison in front.

"FYI, if you dad tries to kill me, or Hannah for that matter, I'm going to fight back." Isaac whispered.

"If my dad tries to kill you, you'll be dead." She seems like a nice person.

Isaac stopped abruptly, grabbing Allison's arm with one hand and holding me back with the other. "I smell blood.

"Where? What direction?"

"I don't know I'm not that good at this yet. Hannah?"

"You honestly think I'm any better than you?" I didn't know when Isaac had become a werewolf, but it was definitely before I had.

"I think it's this way." Allison began walking in the direction he pointed towards, pulling out a Chinese ring dagger from her coat pocket. Weak weapon choice. "Allison, wait." I caught sight of movement, though slight, as he spoke. When I looked up at him, it appeared he saw the same thing I did. It was a man, hanging off wire fencing. A hood figure moved out from behind the body and stared at us with its white eyes. It was creepy as hell. Allison moved to attack, and I followed instinctively. "GIRLS, DON'T!" I head Isaac yell, followed by another, unfamiliar voice tell us to get down. I moved just in time to avoid a few bullets.

"Help him!" The unknown man called to us, still shooting at the weird hooded thing. Isaac, Allison, and I all ran over to the hanging body. Allison and Isaac recognized it as their history teacher.

"We were wrong, it's not guardians as in law enforcement, it's philosophers as in teachers." Allison said as the man began to pick up his spent shells. the two began bickering, and it wasn't until Isaac commented that right now wasn't "the best time for a little family meeting" that I realized the man was Allison's dad. Another hunter. Just the type of person I was avoiding.

"We need to go to the concert."

□☾□

I had been told by Isaac to stick with Scott and Stiles until everything was clear because I was good at protecting myself in wolf form and he didn't want me doing anything that could show the Argents I was once a hunter. I was a good point, but Scott and Stiles were the ones doing all the dangerous stuff.

Stiles had come up to us in the school auditorium saying he couldn't find Lydia, so I was now searching the campus of a school I don't attend for a girl I've never met. "She's not answering texts. What do we do?" Stiles asked Scott. He said nothing. "Scott?"

All of the sudden, a loud, piercing scream came from nowhere, causing Scott and I to both fall to the ground covering our ears. "Scott? Hannah?"

Scott immediately began running as the wail ended, with Stiles and I following. When we reached the classroom Scott had entered, a desk was pushed in the door's direction, blocking our only way in.

"What do we do now? Lydia's in there, and the Darach, and my dad, and Scott." Stiles began to freak out. "Wait, wait. You're a werewolf, right?"

"Yeah, not a very good one though."

"But you've got the strength and stuff." I nodded. "Enough to open a door blocked by a heavy piece of furniture?"

"Only one way to find out." I said, already backing up. I ran at the door and hit it with as much force as I could, successfully managing to open it. I jumped over the desk and into the classroom and Stiles walked in behind me, but when we got inside, only a bloody Scott and a very, very, very scared girl with red hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah's getting wolfy! Nice to write that side of her for once.

Thank you to everyone who's commented, subscribed, and recommended this story. It's coming to a close and I am very, very happy with how it's been received.

TRY NOT TO CRY DURING TONIGHT'S EPISODE.

-Amy