Sequel: Changing Sides
Status: Finished

Behind Enemy Lines

Rescue Mission

After a 'quick visit' to Derek's, which, if you ask me, wasn't quick at all, everyone headed to get Cora out of the hospital. And by everyone, I mean, Scott, Stiles, Derek, me, and the person kinda responsible for all of the death which have been confirmed as ritual sacrifices. I don't like being wrong. Anyway, the sky had decided to open up and attack the town of Beacon Hills and all surrounding areas with one insane storm. The hospital was evacuating and apparently Cora had recently gotten into a fight with one of the twins, causing her to develop some weird injury that wouldn't heal and that caused her to cough of black blood and remnants of a mistletoe plant. It sounded really fun, and to make it even better, apparently only the killer (who happened to be everyone's English teacher and Derek's lady friend, gross) could save her.

Stiles pulled the jeep up beside Derek's car and we all jumped out. It wasn't until then that I noticed Stiles had...a bat?

"What's that?" Scott asked, looking at the piece of odd in Stiles' hand.

"What? You've both got claws, I've got a bat." I'm not sure I will ever fully understand Stiles.

We all made our way into the hospital, completely drenched after only a few moments out in the storm, only to be stopped by Melissa. "Scott! Scott! What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating."

"We're here for Cora."

"All of you? Why does Stiles have my bat?"

"Mom, just trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now."

Melissa's eyes scanned over all of us before landing back on her son's. "The building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back - one's ten minutes out, the other's twenty. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

"Got it."

"Okay."

Scott turned back to where the rest of our group stood behind him and we made our way down the hallway. The time elevator was tense, with pretty much everyone but me staring down Ms. Blake. When we arrived at Cora's room, the only evidence she had been there was a splatter of black blood on the tile floor. "Derek." Scott said, causing us all follow the trail of black drips with our eyes. It led to a closed set of doors. The sound of fighting could be heard from behind, and, as if on cue, Peter came through the door, sliding on his back.

"We got a problem." He looked up and nodded to the giant alpha formed by the twins. "Big problem."

□☾□

As expected, a lot of fighting ensued, not to mention we lost - and luckily found - Ms. Blake in the process. We also learned why the alphas were attacking, which really would've been helpful before all of this considering it was Scott they wanted. Eventually we got down to the garage minus Scott and Peter, and the ambulance was still there.

But nothing is ever that easy.

I was only in the garage long enough to see Kali had killed the driver before Stiles pulled me into the back of the ambulance where Cora was already situated.

"Okay. Okay, okay. We're okay. We're alright. You okay? How you doing?"

"Well, I'm okay, but Cora's not breathing." I told Stiles.

"Really?"

"Sure looks that way."

"Oh no, okay, oh no no no no why are you not breathing?" Stiles began fidgeting around Cora. "Okay, okay, okay. You can do this. Here we go, tilt the head, fingers on the chin, clear the throat - great, nothing, I see nothing - okay, alright, so, ah, just pinch the nose, and, uh, blow." Stiles said to himself before beginning CPR? After a few tries, it worked, and Cora began breathing again. She and Stiles both took a deep breath, and I heard Stiles mutter something under his breath. "She just needs to hold on a little longer. Trust me, if anyone's gonna get us out of this, it's Scott." He looked up at me. "Can't believe I just said that. Ya know, I actually used to be the one with the plan, well, or at least a Plan B. now I'm thinking maybe Cora was right when she told me we were just useless. All we really do is show up and find the bodies, like she said." He paused. "I don't want to find my father's body." He said, wiping a tear from his eye.

"And you won't, just like Cora won't die."

A moment later, we started hearing noises outside the ambulance, and looked out the windows to see the giant alpha twin thing stalk by. A few seconds later we heard someone come into the garage and Scott showed up at the door with a very injured Peter. "Stiles, Stiles, open the door. Help me get him in."

"Where's Derek and Jennifer?"

"I have to go back for them, and my mom."

"Okay, well two problems. Kali's got the keys to this thing and I just saw the twins like thirty seconds ago."

"Stay here."

□☾□

A car pulled up by the ambulance and Isaac jumped out, yelling at Stiles and Peter to get Cora in the car. I was pulled into the front seat as Cora was dragged into the back. We were all set to go, but Stiles ran back into the hospital, Isaac calling to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Huh what no I am totally not setting a hot makeout scene up what would make you think that?

COMMENT AND RECOMMEND AND SUBSCRIBE BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES ME HAPPIER.

-Amy