Sequel: Changing Sides
Status: Finished

Behind Enemy Lines

Prisoner of War

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." I replied, my throat too dry and my voice too unused for the words to be much more than a hoarse whisper.

"You were pretty beat up when Isaac found you. Unconscious, too. Looked like you were attacked by some sort of...animal." The way he said that last part made it pretty clear that he knew just what kind of animal it was that attacked.

"I prefer to think of you as a monster." I smirked.

"Looks like your newest pack member is a lot smarter than you expected, nephew." the man on the couch said.

"How the hell-" A third one who looked like he was probably around my age started, but I cut him off.

"You boys really didn't think I was out hunting regular animals, did you?"

"Chinese ring daggers, gun loaded with wolfsbane-laced bullets...your target's pretty damn obvious."

"Wait, Derek, you bit a hunter?" the youngest one asked.

"I didn't know she was a hunter until afterwards." the dark-haired one spat back.

"I hate to interrupt, but I kinda have a code to follow, so if you'll excuse me, gotta go kill myself." I said, motioning towards the door.

"Oh no, you're not going anywhere." I think Derek was the one who said that.

"Fine, I'll kill myself here then."

"Maybe I'm not being clear enough. You're not killing yourself. You're part of my pack now." Great, tall, dark, and demanding is the alpha.

"What, I don't get a choice?"

"I'm already down a couple of betas. There's another pack coming. I don't know why but i'm sure they're looking to fuck shit up. I need all the help I can get," he paused, a grin slowing spreading on his face as he thought of something, "You're a hunter. They're wolves. Aren't you required to kill them if they cause problems?"

"Yes, but I'm also supposed to kill myself if I'm bitten, which I was. So really, staying alive to do my job would actually be breaking the rules."

"Look, I don't really care. There's some girls clothes in a storage closet down the hall if you'd like to change into something less destroyed. I'm gonna leave now before you start talking again." I groaned, but made my way to the closet he was talking about. I grabbed the first comfortable pieces I saw and went back into the room I awoke in to change. I heard the same two voices going at it again, just like they had before.

"Why the hell did you save a hunter...after biting her?"

"I told you, I didn't realize she was a hunter until it was too late. Doesn't matter now. I don't regret it at all. Now, unless you want me to regret biting you, and fix my mistakes, you should probably focus on babysitting her while Peter and I are out."


So I have to be babysat now, great. I put my destroyed clothes in a pile on the bed before going back out into the main area of what I assumed was an apartment. Derek and the sarcastic one were gone, leaving me in the hands of the youngest guy.

"What do you guys have to do in this hellhole?" I asked.

"To be honest, absolutely nothing." He replied, a slight laugh following his words.

"Well this is going to bed fun."

"You get used to it after awhile." he shrugged. We sat in silence for a bit, as all people do when they don't know the person with whom they sit. I refused to break the silence and I hoped he would do the same. He did not. "I'm Isaac by the way."

"Hannah." was all I said back, pulling my bare legs up onto the couch I sat on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, now you know our huntress's name.
I'd give you more, but now's not the time.

Anyway, I had planned to finish this chapter yesterday (I had decided I'd post once the story had 10 readers), but second chapters are a lot harder to write than firsts. And one of my favorite fics updated. So here it is, a day late. Oops.

I'll post chapter three when the story reaches 20 readers OR I get 5 new comments or subscriptions. Whatever comes first. maybe I'll give you a little more background information on our little bitch (isn't she lovely?) too. I actually don't know. Haven't started writing chapter 3. I just finished chapter 2. Now I'm rambling. I'll go now. Enjoy tonight's episode! Maybe we'll get lucky and Isaac and Allison won't be interrupted again. I like me a good Isaac hookup. Okay, okay. I'll go.

READ AND DO THINGS THAT GIVE ME ALERTS BECAUSE THAT STUFF MAKES ME HAPPY.

-Amy