Sequel: Changing Sides
Status: Finished

Behind Enemy Lines

Trust

Derek and Peter still weren't back when we decided to head back inside, so I took the opportunity to take a shower. Fully healed or not, I was covered in blood.

"Isaac, why does most of the girls' clothing in the closet look like it belonged to a stripper? Not judging you boys or anything, I get that this is an all-male apartment, but I'm not exactly the type of girl who wears corsets and excessive amounts of leather." My words were met with a deep laugh, definitely not belonging to the person I was speaking with.

"Probably not the best question to ask Isaac. He and Erica were pretty good friends before she disappeared. He's still not entirely over her disappearance." Derek told me, not bothering to look up from whatever it was he was doing when I walked into the room.

"Erica? Is she one of the other werewolves that Isaac mentioned?" I sounded like an idiot, but I couldn't help it. Did they just expect me to go along with everything and just pretend I knew who everyone they mentioned was.

"Erica was one of the...newer editions to my pack. She went missing, along with another. She started dressing like a stripper after she got the bite. It didn't bother me so I never asked why."

"...Speaking of missing, where's Isaac?"

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Hannah, I'm his alpha, not his babysitter."

"Okay, well did he happen to mention the little bump in the road that we came across when I surrendered to werewolfitude?"

"You mean your parents?" I nodded. "Peter's taking care of that." He told me, smiling in a way that kinda creeped me out. I considered asking what he meant by 'taking care of' but decided against it because I still wasn't fully okay with the situation and figured this way I could at least claim innocence if something went wrong.

□☾□

"Would you mind letting me know next time you decide to leave me alone here with two werewolves who I really do not trust?" I asked Isaac, who had just appeared at the door of the room I had found myself in earlier that day. After the short conversation I had with Derek when I was finished with my shower, I had decided it would be best if I were alone. I expected it'd be best if I were alone for most of my stay, however long that was.

"Sorry, Derek and Peter got home while you were still in the bathroom and I didn't really feel comfortable coming in to tell you." He told me, a smile playing at the edges of his lips as he leaned on the door frame, keeping his focus on his feet the whole time.

"Why are you smiling, Isaac?"

"Huh, oh." he looked up, "Nothing."

"You can claim it was nothing all you want, but we both know it's a lie. When people saying 'it's nothing,' it's always a lie." I smirked.

"I just, noticed how you said you didn't trust Derek or Peter. And you were upset that I left you with them. Does that mean you trust me?"

"...Maybe. I'm not sure. Definitely more than the other two."

"And why is that."

"It's the way you act. They're sarcastic, loud. Always looking like they're hiding something. Everything you do is careful, soft almost. Like you've taken time to plan each move."

"So I'm soft?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know a better way to describe it, okay. You just seem a whole hell of a lot more trustworthy than those two."

"Yeah, I still don't trust Peter. But Derek's okay. Just a bit damaged. Didn't exactly have the best childhood."

"Does everyone in this pack have a back story?" I asked with a laugh.

"Well, you don't."

"I'm a werewolf hunter-turned-werewolf. Isn't that good enough?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a lame chapter. I took too long of a break between chapters and lost momentum. I'm sorry. But it's really your fault hehe. I still haven't gotten any more subscribers or recommendations even though I asked for some before I posted this. :( I just want to make sure you guys like the story! So PLEASE, comment or subscribe or SOMETHING. Pleeeeaaaaase.

Also, I'm thinking of starting a second fic. Maybe All Time Low or just an original piece. Any thoughts?

Don't leave me hanging like last night's episode did, guys.

-Amy