Sequel: Changing Sides
Status: Finished

Behind Enemy Lines

Forming of a Bond

Isaac shifted his weight so he was no longer propped against the door frame. "Anyway, I came to tell you I brought food home. Like, actual food. Not the crap Derek keeps in the kitchen. I'm going to eat now, but if you're not hungry I'll just leave what's left in the fridge, k?"

"I think I'll eat now, with you." I smiled, sliding off of the bed.

"What, don't want to risk having to be around a Hale if you eat later?" He smirked, laughing lightly.

"No, I'm hungry."

"Okay, Hannah." There was a hint of teasing in his voice.

"Can't a girl eat dinner with a guy without it seeming like she's using him to avoid his roommates?"

"In this case, no. No she cannot."

"Damn you, Isaac."

"Better be nice if you don't want me leaving you here with them after dinner." Yeah, that shut me up.

I really didn't understand why I was so comfortable around Isaac. He didn't seem to be trying to be overly friendly to make me feel more comfortable or anything. It was like he had this odd sort of charisma. He wasn't outright charming, it was more of a hidden thing that crept up on you a various times, like when he'd laugh, or smile, or get close to you.

A little like falling in love I guess. Only without the romantic feelings and attraction and all that stuff.

□☾□

Isaac was nice enough to bring me along with him for his after dinner plans so I didn't have to be alone with Peter or Derek.

"So what are we doing?" I asked as we walked down the sidewalk out side of the building we had just come from.

"I didn't really have a plan. I just thought you'd be a lot happier in a place that's not the loft." He told me, looking up at the setting sun.

"Well, what do you usually do when you're not with the Hales?"

"Nothing you'd want to do."

"Okay." We walked in silence for a block or so before I decided to speak again. "You know how earlier I joked about how the whole pack has a back story?"

"Yeah." He said, pulling his gaze away from the pavement to look at me.

"What's yours?"

He ran his hands through his hair, taking his time to answer. "It's not exactly something I like to talk about. Let's just say my dad wasn't the best parent, but he was the only one I had. He was killed a few months ago. Police thought I was the one who did it. I've been living with Derek since my name was cleared."

It was my turn to take my time forming a response. "That's definitely a good one. Well, bad. You know what I mean." He laughed his usual, airy laugh.

"I think yours is better." He grinned. "Speaking of which, what did Peter end up doing to throw off your parents?"

"Derek said Peter was 'taking care of it.' I didn't really want to know what that meant."

"I don't think I want to know either. He's not exactly the type of person you can trust with something like this."

"I figured." I said with a laugh.

"I don't like him either by the way. He's pretty messed up, and not in the sad back story kind of way."

"Don't say anything more, I already feel nervous enough living with him."

"Derek and I won't let do anything to you, I swear." He said, putting his arm around me.

"I think you may have forgotten, I was a hunter first. I'm never going to fully trust any werewolf, even if I am one."

"That'll change."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man, if I were Hannah I'd probably take the opportunity to kiss Isaac. Maybe she will. That was my sad attempt at a cliffhanger.

Thank you SOOO much for the subscriptions everyone! Makes me happy!!!!!!

By the way, sorry for the short chapters. I can't seem to write much more than 600 words at a time. It sucks.

-Amy