Status: well then.

The Sun vs The Moon

[8] In Which Alex Makes A Move

Today was Alex's sixteenth birthday. He already said that he didn't want anything big and fancy, he just wanted to 'hang out with the guys', as he put it.

So there were some people over at Jack's apartment like Vinny, Danny, Evan, Matt, Jeff, Alex and Jack. Even though they all worked together, they had strong friendships with each other, some going back as far as middle school.

Most of them were hammered right now, and Alex was begging Jack to let him just have a sip of alcohol, promising he won't overdo it and get drunk like last time.

Jack knew this was such a fucking horrible idea, but he said yes, and gave him a flask of Vanilla Vodka, the same Vodka that had gotten. him into trouble a while back.

Alex inevitably got excited about that and drank nearly half of the container in under five minutes, making him woozy and dizzy and wow, Jack looked really cute right now.

Alex apparently gets pretty emotional when he drinks, so he stumbled his way to Jack, clinging to him for dear life. "I still don't know how I feel about Rian."

Jack pet Alex's hair, saying, "Your allowed to be mad at him, you know. What he did... It wasn't right."

"I know," Alex sighed, taking Jack's hand to the couch where Matt and Vinny were. They sat on the other end while Alex continued, "I just can't be mad at him."

"Why not? He deserves it, dammit." Jack said, a little angrily at the memory.

Alex crawled into Jack's lap and rested his head against Jack's chest with his arms wrapped around the older boy. "I don't like being mad at people. I forgive Rian."

Jack stayed silent. Alex couldn't see his face but he imagined it was shock? Jack was surprised that Alex forgave Rian, especially after so much tears and heartbreak. "I'll add that to the list if things I admire about you." Jack said.

"You admire me?" Alex said, lifting his head to look at him.

"Mhm." Jack laughed in embarrassment a little bit, bumping their foreheads together.

After staying silent for a little while, just enjoying each others company and listening to Face to Face play in the background, Jack spoke up again.

"It's so weird that your just... not mad at Rian."

"Well," Alex bit his lip, "It's not that I'm not mad, because I am. All I'm saying is that I forgive him."

"Your crazy." Jack laughed.

"I try." Alex's head rested on Jack's chest, counting each heartbeat. The alcohol was making him dizzier as each minute went by and things were starting to spin, but he tried to ignore it.

"Woah," Jeff said from the other end of the couch. "I didn't know you two were so intimate."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked, looking at him.

Matt and Vinny just looked at each other and laughed while Jeff gave them a strange look. "Well," He pointed out. "You've been in the weirdest position for the past fifteen minutes."

Alex gave thought in that and looked at their position; Alex was so much smaller than Jack that he literally was sitting on Jack's lap with his legs wrapped around the elders waist, while Jack's arms were wrapped around Alex.

"Ohh." Alex said, trying to get up. "Sorry, Jack."

"Uh, s'fine." He said, waving him off and sitting up straighter. Alex took a seat by Jack on the couch, rather than crawling all over him.

Everyone laughed it off, seeing as the two are usually pretty close anyway. They only brought it to their attention because they all knew that Alex was pretty drunk, and they didn't want the two to make a mistake.

"Aren't you gonna drink?" Alex inquired.

"Nah, you know I'd get horny within five seconds." He laughed.

"Well," Alex said, "I'm gonna get more. Be right back."

--

So the two boys were both drunk off their fucking asses, but this time, Jack was the one more sober. He had to make sure Alex didn't get into any trouble or something like that.

"Ayye, Jacky," Alex complained. "I don't like being alone."

"N.m.p." Jack flicked Alex on the forehead.

"The hell does that mean?"

"'Not my problem.'" Jack laughed.

"No, but for real," Alex slurred, "I wanna 'nother boyfriend."

"Well, what kinda qualities are you looking for?" Jack asked while sitting on the counter. He watched Alex hop on the counter beside him. They were pretty much alone, everyone else was on the other end of Jack's apartment.

"I've never really thought about that." Alex said. "Gimme ideas. What kind of girls do you like?"

"Well," Jack began. "What I look for in a girl would probably have to be the tits. Yea, definitely the tits."

Alex scrunched up his nose, saying, "I forgot that you only like girls because of the... sex."

"You don't have to whisper the word 'sex', dork." Jack said.

"Whatever." Alex dismissed. "What do you look for in a guy?"

"Hm, I guess I'm pretty picky about the guys I like? But mostly," Jack thought for a moment, "Mostly, I look for kindness. The way they might care for people. How they always look out for others. So I focus on their personality. But hey, I like the sex the best."

"I knew you'd say something like that." Alex laughed. He tugged on the hem of his own shirt, feeling uncomfortable with the situation, but continued prying. "What do you look for appearance wise?"

"Shit," Jack said. "Probably short, dunno, innocent. Oh, has to be a blond." He laughed, pushing his fringe away.

Alex gave a little uncomfortable laugh and ran his fingers through his hair. His blond hair.

"What kind of guy would be best for me?" Alex asked, with a plan forming in his mind perfectly.

"Someone who knows you well." Jack said immediately. "Someone who you trust, someone who makes you happy and safe."

Things grew quiet between the two of them. Jack was catching on to Alex's questions.

"You need someone who will protect you and always be there for you..." Jack said, cutting through the silent atmosphere.

"So what you're saying is," Alex moved closer to Jack, "I need someone like you?"

Jack should have known this was Alex's plan, fuck. He's so screwed.

"Uhm," Jack swallowed thickly and nervously at the small space between them that kept growing smaller and said, "Yeah. Someone like me."
♠ ♠ ♠
its the superbowl today lmao um so i can't update for a week bc im going to colorado so yea no updates bb sorry bye peace love you ghksjk