‹ Prequel: Damaged
Status: active. {i don't own anything except Bella McCall.}

It Hurts Because It's Real

well i have brittle bones it seems i bite my tongue and torch my dreams

"What would a pack of Alphas want with Erica and Boyd?" Bella asked. Scott and Stiles had just filled her in on what Derek had told them after she left; she couldn't listen to Scott's screaming anymore.

"We're not sure it's them that they want." Scott replied.

"Okay, what, like Derek? They--" Bella started to say but noticed that her brother had stopped in his tracks. She followed his gaze to see him watching the twins that she had seen the other day.

"Scott?" Stiles asked out. "You coming?" The werewolf nodded and turned back around to carry on walking with the couple.

"So, how was that party, by the way?" Bella asked, losing her train of thought about the Alpha pack. Her voice had a tinge of bitterness to it; she apparently hadn't of been invited to the gathering by Stiles' oh-so-lovely friend.

"Hm? Oh. Yeah. Great, cool."

Bella frowned at him; he seemed so uneasy. Had something happened? She looked to her brother. He seemed just as distant.

-

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Coach Finstock asked as he walked into the classroom. Scott raised his hand. "Yes, McCall, you can go to the bathroom."

"Uh, no, Coach, I know the answer."

Coach Finstock guffawed at him for a moment. Bella sighed and Scott frowned. "Oh, you're serious."

"Uh, yeah, it's risk and reward."

"Wow! Who are you?! And what have you done to McCall?" Finstock beamed. "Don't answer that - I like you better." Scott grinned at him. "Does anybody have a quarter?"

Bella watched as Stiles reached inside his pocket. "Yeah--" He said, but stopped when something else escaped from his pocket and landed on the floor. From her seat behind Stiles, Bella couldn't see what it was at first, until Coach Finstock picked it up. A condom.

"Stilinski, I think you dropped this." Finstock said, handing it back to Stiles. "And congratulations." He glanced behind Stiles at Bella, which made her want to throw up.

It all happened very quickly then.

Bella stumbled out of her seat, and moved for the classroom door, ignoring Stiles' calls for her. She ran out of the room and down the hallway, covering her mouth to stop her from sobbing or throwing up. Or both.

"Bella!"

She stopped in her tracks and spun on her heels to look at him. He was a few feet away from her and Scott was standing a few metres behind him, looking angrier than Bella had ever seen him; his chest was heaving and he looked like he was about to erupt. Stiles looked like someone had just stabbed a puppy right in front of his eyes.

"Is that what happened? At that party?" She choked out; Bella was trying so hard to seem strong but the lump in her throat was making it impossible. "Is that why you were being so weird about it?" A few tears fell from her eyes and she quickly wiped them away.

"No!" Stiles defended, his eyes becoming damp, he held out his arms.

"Then what happened?!" She screamed at him, ignoring the way he jumped back and taking no notice of Finstock walking out into the hallway. "Because you definitely didn't use one of those things with me." She said out, her voice cracking. Scott flinched and something in his expression changed; he looked irrevocably dark.

"Look, Bella, just listen to me!" Stiles yelled at her, desperate to make her understand.

"No!" She roared and Stiles looked and felt like his heart had been punctured. "I don't want to listen to you. Not now.. not ever again." She breathed out, shaking so much she thought she might faint. "We.. are done."