18 and Over

Good Girl

"Grab your stuff and go." The words echoed in Ryder's head. Frank hadn't seem frustrated or angry when he said them to her. On the contrary, he had spoke calmly. The thing is that you don't mess with guys like Frank, the quiet ones. Something about him exudes alpha. She did as she was told with out hesitation. As she dressed, Marci begun to explain her side of things. Frank shushed her after a word or two. "But-" She protested like a child. Frank held a hand in her direction. That continued until she left. David had walked her to the Bronco.

"Should I be scared?" She asked him climbing into her seat. Even though everything about the Bronco was oversized for her small frame, she felt it was perfect.

"Anyone that drives a tank like this should never be scared." He smiled with thin lip. She smiled snuggling her head against the seat. They're eyes lock in a sleepy haze. The orange street lights illuminated the sharp angles of his cheeks. She wondered what kind of car he drove. She wondered what he looked like outside of business casual attire. She wondered what he liked, what social clique he'd be a part of. David, who seems like the perfect combination of bland and mystery; no signs of his age or personal likes, broke the silence. " You'll be fine. Frank just got you out of there so you wouldn't have to deal with Marci. She's on her way out."

It had been a week since she stepped foot in Girls, Girls, Girls. She was mainly embarrassed. Fighting was not something she took part of. She was a good girl. A good girl, she thought, but here she was, back in the clear platforms, on the torn couch, waiting to LIE to someone. My name is Luna...LIE. Good girls don't do this, but Luna does. She looked around the room. The neon lights, the darkness, the breasts! Had this become familiar too soon?

Saturday night at its finest. Ryder makes her way to a table of two, keeping clear of the large parties. London is already sitting with one of the guys. "Hey!!!" London slurrs "This is my friend!"

"Hi friend." The guy whose lap she's vacating greets dopily.

"HI! How are you guys?" She asks, attention on the lonesome fella.

"Good. How's your night going?" He extends a hand out. She takes it, letting it help her balance as she finds her self tip toeing between his feet and taking a sit on to his lap.

"Good! Just starting-"

"Oh hey!" London points in a sloppy manner. "Guess who is here tonight?"

Don't say Marci. Don't say Marci. "Marci?"

"Nope. Remember Bri, Lacy and Gina from middle school? " Oh no. "They started over at Fantasy Club at the same time as you, but they're going to try here."

"Great." Ryder remembered the way Gina teased her, the way Lacy was too cool to acknowledge her, and the short period of time Bri and her were actual friends. Now, all three there, together.

"Cupcake to Main.Cupcake to Main. " The Dj's voice sounds through the speakers. A petite blonde with dark makeup steps on the platform. Leather thigh high boots with chains and buckles contrast her young girl appearance. She looks like a gothic Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Nothing about Gina had changed. She had always been dynamite, tiny but explosive. Not many people where shorter than Ryder, BUT Gina's 4'11 body beat the odds.

"C'mon." London suddenly jerks up, grabbing at Ryder's forearm. She drags her to the bar meeting up with two others she could pick out of a line up. Bri looking like a run down version of her self. Not surprising as she had started experimenting with drugs in 7th grade. Lacy, however, made Ryder sad. Lacy had always been the pretty girl. All the boys wanted to date her, the girls wanted to be her. Her ash brown hair made her tan skin glow. Her hair, now jet black matches the smudgy makeup around her emerald eyes. The perfect body she once flaunted was tightly hidden under a black corset. The weight gain was significant.

"Oh my GOD! " It was Bri who spoke first. She had no inside voice, just a raspy smoker's tone. "That's not Ryder! You look so good!"

'Unlike you guys. How the tables have turned.' Ryder shook the mean thought away. "Thanks. I can't believe we're all here." She couldn't. How had she sunk to the level of them. Of crackhead Bri, easy Lacy, and Crazy Gina. She was a good girl.

The girls waited for Gina to finish up her stage, and went on a walk about, hunting together. They passed a large group of 20-somethings. Their chair turned to watch two of their buddies getting dances from a blonde and brunette duo. How is that not awkward, Ryder thought. "Ya baby!" the two girls said in high pitch, bad porno acting ways. They got lounder, and the onlookers cheered and threw money. " You want more, babe?" The blonde asked. She sat straddling him, bare breast in his face, poking her butt torward his friends.

"Ya babe! Let's do it!" the brunette chimed in. They sounded like Valley Girls. The girls looked identical in style- Mid length layered hair curled at the ends, creamy skin, noses with an upward turn and round blue eyes.

"Oh my God! Fuck ya! Let's do it." Gina mocked loud enough to be overheard sounding like a PMSing Cheerleader. Ryder's group laughed. She laughed along not wanting to. The blonde looked up with a sour look. The brunette caught Ryder's eye making her laugh drown out. "Sound like fucking idiots." Gina continued. It was so like her to go looking for a fight.

"I want..." A beared guy screams over the thumping music. He's bloodshot eyes landing on Gina and Ryder. He hurled away from his friends, who from the looks of it had been helping him stand, and on to the two girls. Ryder, standing a few inches taller than Gina, caught him. "I want the tattooed girls." He continues. His head spins and dips in dizziness. Gina eyes Ryder's flower tattoo, roses fill the gap between collar bone and cleavage, spreading shoulder to shoulder. Ryder eyes the boldly lined script placed in the same spot on the other girl. " I WANT VIP!" He demands spitting.

"Ok, ok, bachelor. Cool your jets." A man in a sweater vest breaks from the group, placing his hand on the drunk man's back. " How much is it?" He asks the girls.