18 and Over

To New Beginings

Noon.Right on time. Two cars sat on the unevenly paved parking lot of Girls Girls Girls. Ryder grabbed her tote from the passenger seat and hopped out with a loud thump. She eyed the charcoal colored wearhouse wondering how she got here. In high school, she wasn't what you call a party girl; never even drank. Now, she stood under a billboard announcing to the world that the finest topless girls would be inside. She looked over her shoulder,feeling eyes burn into her as she walked to the heavy double doors. She creeped inside, attempting to maintain unnoticed by the outsiders.

"Hey!You're back. Got that T back?" A ball headed man with eyes of steel asked.

"Ya. Went and got one yesterday." Ryder replied.

The man smiled. She remembered him from yesterday. He had greeted her at the entrance, a dark room with black painted walls and nudie posters announcing drink specials. He had introduced him self as the manager, Robin, and taken care of the audition as well as the hiring process. He gave her a weird feeling. Maybe it was nerves, or maybe the way he had smiled when he saw her ID. "Barely legal" he had said with a side grin. However, she had to be thankful for the job, and for letting her audition completely unprepared.When he had taken her upstairs, to a cotton candy walled room with both male and female porn, pictures of classic pin ups, and glittery stickers with the words "BITCH" and "NAUGHTY" plastered everywhere, he asked her to change. Ryder looked down at her camo skirt, and black t-shirt, unsure of what he had meant. Now, she stood in the same room having a stare off with the fifteen dollar thong she had bought at a lingerie store. A T Back, they called it, and must be worn under your bikini at all times. She discreetly took her pants and underwear off, zipping her knees together in case anyone was watching.

"Hey!" A friendly voice filled the room." Cute T-back!" a tall flat chested girl smiled admiring the glitter vagina death trap of underwear.

"Thanks!" Ryder replied shyly.

"I'm glad you bought one. I'm surprised Robin let you audition in just your underoos yesterday, but you're pretty. I knew you'd get hired regardless." She flipped her blonde and purple hair off her shoulders as she stretched on the green carpet. "I'm Rene, by the way. What are you dancing by?"

"Uh. I couldn't think of a name fast enough so the Dj named me Peaches..." Ryder's cheeks blushed.

Rene giggled as she reached past her endless legs to her toes. "Well what were you at your last club?"

"I just turned eighteen two days ago actually, so I've never danced. That's why I didn't have anything."

"Oh. I figured you were one of those California girls. They dance fully nude, so it really doesn't matter what you wear." Awkward silence. "You can always ask Ben to change it. He'll be DJ again today."

Ryder looked at her self in the wall mounted mirror; the yellow light reflecting off her coffee colored eyes. " I read this book, and the girl's name was Luna. I kind of like it."

"Definitely better than Peaches." Rene giggled.

Ryder walked back downstairs to the main floor. Standing dumbstruck as her eyes settled in the darkness. Three stages cut down the middle of the club; the one in the middle being the biggest with two poles; both so tall they disappeared into a hole in the ceiling. Black leather couches lined the mirrored walls until reaching a long bar where Robin and Ben sat talking to the bar keep.

A Latino man stumbled in as the first customer of the day. "Why have I never seen you here before?" He asked with a thick slurry accent.

"I'm new." A sweet smile crept her lips.

"You never given a dance before?" She barely shook her head to say no before the man grabbed her by the wrist pulling her to the nearest couch. "Come here. I show you. Next song, ok?" She swallowed her nerves and carefully took her hand back from the man. They sat in awkward silence listening to the soft sounds of Chevelle. When the song was over, the man spoke again. "Ok. Get on top of me." She did as she was told, straddling him. He place his rough dried hands on her hips, moving her along. He liked it. He groaned softly. "Ok." His voice breathless. "Now show me those." His eyes pierced her black bathing suit. She gracefully untied the top, then moved to the bottom. His hands traveled to her waist, closing in, his own fingers meeting at her spine. He gravitated her closer to him. Groaning. Moving with her. Her eyes closed. She saw black in her mind's eye. She felt her breasts grace his cheeks. The world was silent. She had left this world and traveled to a place where she was at peace. Her body flowed through the motions, but she was no longer in it. The same sensation of unawareness that had taken over her while auditioning grasped her instincts. It was addicting. Her eyes open to a mirror, she found her body swaying on top of his. She looked enchanting. "You sure you never did this before?" The man asked as the song came to a close, handing her thirty dollars. "Keep the change."

She stared after him trying to identify any difference in her being, or maybe her conscience telling her this was wrong, but there was nothing.

"You're good." Robin appeared at her side as she tied her top around her neck. "There's someone I want you to meet."