18 and Over

Slut

"So are you going to tell him?" Austin asked with a mouthful of ice cream.

"I don't know. I'm scared."

"It's been a week, Ryder. You can't lie to Chris forever."

"I know..."

"Just call him."

"He's going to hate me..."

Ryder met Chris at the her previous job, a little rundown coffee shop in midtown. He was a tourist, a hung over one with an empty stomach. She remembers it like it was yesterday. She stood at the hostess podium with Stevie, a waitress and easily the funniest person in the west coast. Although Stevie was well in her mid twenties, she didn't see 17 year old Ryder as a child. They spent most of the slow times gossiping and laughing over absolutely nothing. That's just what they had been doing when a group of three asked for a table.

"Right this way." Ryder walked the group to Stevie's section, handed them their menus and left with out a word. She hoped the manager hadn't noticed she didn't tell them the daily special's or that she left with out the stereotypical "Your waiter will be right with you, folks. " Her cheeks burned at the sight of the blonde tattooed GOD that had just blessed them with his presence. " Holy fuck. That guy is gorgeous." She said to Stevie back at the podium.

"Which one?"

"In the white V-neck."

"With the tattoo sleeves?"

"Ya!"

"I'm going in for a closer look." Stevie headed to the table, took their drink order, and back to the podium. "Hot! He looks like a blonde Chris Evans. But seriously, what grown man orders chocolate milk? " Stevie laughed while Ryder was lost in thought.

"I wish I could freaking talk to him. "

"Why can't you?"

"Uh... hello!" Ryder pointed down at her uniform, a black pencil skirt which fitted her surprisingly well, and a baggy Hawaiian shirt that fitted her unsurprisingly horrid. "Plus, he's freaking gorgeous. And that's probably his girlfriend or something." Both girls did a double take at the table to see him sitting between a pretty brunette and an older gentleman in a blazer.

"That's probably his dad." Stevie reassures her.

"Or worse, hers." Ryder sulks. "He's probably the hottest guy I've ever seen." Stevie's eyes widen for a millisecond and pushed a fake smile. Ryder turned and found her self two feet away from the gorgeous boy.

"Bathroom?" He asked in a low rumble.

Ryder was frozen, but Stevie came to her rescue. "That way." She pointed to the hall on the right.

"Thanks." He replied with a sideways smile and a hint of a New York accent.

"He heard me. I know he did. Oh my God. I'm so embarrassed."

"Just relax."

The lunch rush hit leaving Ryder to actually work, her cheeks burning anytime she had to sit Stevie's section. The rush was quick; usually noon to 12-30. Back at her podium, he passed by her to the restroom once more, and again...and again. Every time smiling mischievously which only made Ryder more and more embarrassed.

"Do I pay here?" He asked.

" Ya. Do you have your receipt?" He handed it to her. " 41.50 please."

He dug in his black leather wallet and pulled out a hundred. "She's my coworker."

"What?" Ryder asked pretending to be clueless.

"And he's my boss... and Ireally like chocolate milk. " His smile was playful; pure trouble.

"Did you pay?" The brunette exited the dining area with the older man behind her. "We have to go. Meeting remember?

"Ya. Just waiting for my change." He knew what he was doing when he shot those baby blues at her, stroking his five oclock shadow and a grinning.

Flustered she looked down at the change. "Uh. Here you go."

"Your coworker gave me your number. I'll call ya while I'm in town."

Three dates, a night of amazing sex, and 4 months had passed and they made their best to keep the long distance relationship alive. Between daily calls and long texts, Chris had became a huge part of her life. They even said I love you. He admitted he had been barfing a storm when they met, and even then Ryder thought he was incredible. He was perfect in her eyes, and she in his. That's why she couldn't bare telling him what she had been up to.

The phone rang twice before his voice filled the airways. "Hey!"

"Hey babe. What are you doing ?" She already knew the answer. It was 3 pm he had just left work, was going to head to his mom's for dinner, and then home.

"Just left work. Heading to my mom's. How's your day?"

"Good. Look. I wanna talk to you about something. You know how I told you they changed my shift at the restaurant?"

"Ya...?"

"I lied. I have a new job."

"Oh?"

"Before you judge it, just keep in mind that now I'll be able to help my mom, and go back to school and-"

" Don't fucking tell me your a stripper."

"Its's just for now-"

"No!" He was yelling. She had never seen him like this. "Fuck this. You know my ex is a stripper and I left her for that."

"Ya, but I'm different. I'm not going to fucking cheat on you like she did."

"Bullshit! Seriously Ryder, what the fuck? You know what? I'm done. You're fucking dirt. Go be a fucking slut."

Ryder crumpled to the floor sobbing as the line disconnected. She could've lied. He would've never know. She could've kept it a secret. Her face was wet. Thick tears blurred her vision. She felt Austin curl her body on hers. "Its ok. She whispered. "No man should make you cry like this. He obviously doesn't deserve you." But that wasn't true! She's the unworthy one, she thought. She cried till she couldn't anymore, Chris' words burned into her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a weird little chapter, but Chris will be making a comeback later on.