Status: Hope you guys like it, this is the first time I've ever written about Cristiano Ronaldo

Life, Love, and the Kardashians

Chapter 19

A week before Christmas, Riley was sitting on the couch reading, when Cristiano approached her holding his Ipad. “Look at this.” He said as he handed her the Ipad. Taking it from him, she saw that on it was a picture of a Cathedral. “What is it?” Riley asked as Cristiano sat down next to her. “It’s the Lisbon Cathedral.” “It’s beautiful.” “I’m glad you think so. Because that’s where I want us to get married.” Riley looked up at him surprised. “You want to get married there?” “Yes. I’ve always wanted to get married there. I think it would be perfect for us.” “Can we get married there? I mean it looks really old. Plus, I’m not Catholic. I don’t really have a religion.” “We can get married there. It’s gonna cost us quite a bit, but yes we can get married. And it doesn’t matter that you’re not Catholic.” “How old is this church?” “It was built in 1147.” “Damn that’s old.” “So, can we get married there?” Riley didn’t even hesitate. She could see how much he wanted this and she didn’t want to deny him, “Yeah. We can get married there. Now all we need to do is set a date.” “Yep! OK, so it’ll have to be sometime when I don’t have training. So definitely in the summer.” “I want a June wedding.” “Alright, we can get married in June.” “June 20th. It’s the first day of Summer.” “OK. We have a date and a place. Now we just have to do the actual planning.” “Yeah. But before we do all of that, you need to see if we can get married in the church on that day.” “Why me?” “Um hello, only you speak Portuguese in this relationship.” Cristiano laughed as he got up, “Alright, I’ll call now.” Half an hour later, Cristiano came back with a big smile on his face, “We got the church!” Riley laughed as Cristiano launched himself at her. He kissed her all over her face before capturing her lips in a heated kiss. When they pulled away, Riley smiled, “We’re actually getting married.” “Yeah, we actually are.”

If Riley thought it was going to be easy planning a wedding, she was soon singing a different tune. Since Cristiano was still in the middle of his season, Riley was doing pretty much all of the wedding planning herself. Thankfully they had already decided on a caterer. Today, Riley was going to be trying to pick out flowers. Since Cristiano couldn’t be with her, she was bringing Laney. When they walked in to the flower shop, Riley was immediately overwhelmed by all of the flowers. She knew she wanted White Calla Lilies and lavender tulips for her bouquet. For the bride’s maids bouquets, it was going to be lavender tulips. For the center pieces, they were going to be white roses and white calla lilies. Once the order was placed, Riley and Laney headed to their next stop; invitations. After much consideration, Riley decided on a chalkboard marriage wedding invitations. That was their last stop of the day. Tomorrow, Riley and Laney would be joined by Cristiano, his mom, sisters and Junior as they chose a wedding cake.

When Riley got home later that evening, she found Cristiano already in bed, reading. “Hey, how’d everything go?” Riley groaned as she collapsed on the bed. “I had no idea wedding planning could be so challenging. How do people do it multiple times? I’m telling you now, this marriage thing better work because I can’t go through this again.” Cristiano laughed as he pulled her close to him, “I’m sorry I haven’t been able to help.” “‘It’s OK. Laney’s been a great help. Although, the flower lady and the people that did the invitations thought we were a lesbian couple.” Cristiano busted out laughing, causing Riley to smack him on the chest. “I’m sorry, it’s not funny. But at least I’ll be there tomorrow to help pick out the cake.” “True. If left up to me, I’d probably get talked in to getting a carrot cake or something.” “Then it’s a good thing I’ll be there.”

Walking in to the cake shop the next day, Riley was excited. This was going to be the first thing that Cristiano and her had done together in regards to their wedding. They had already decided that they didn’t want the traditional wedding cake, instead they were going to be having cupcakes. They needed enough for 350 people. “Hola! Welcome to Diana’s cupcakes! You must be the happy couple.” Riley nodded at the elderly woman who greeted them. “Yes, I’m Riley and this is my fiancee Cristiano.” “Oh everyone know’s Cristiano in Madrid. So, are you ready to taste some of the best cupcakes you will ever have?” “Absolutely.” “Then follow me.” When they sat down, they saw trays filled with multiple kinds of cupcakes. “So, we have 23 different kinds of cupcakes. The first one that you will be trying is one of our classics; red velvet.” They each picked up one of the cupcakes and bit in to it. It was really moist, but the cream cheese frosting was a little too sweet for Riley. “It’s good, but I’m not a big fan of cream cheese frosting.” “OK. Maybe you’ll like our next one; it’s Strawberry lemonade cupcake.” Riley indeed loved it. So did Cristiano. They had her put that down as one of the 5 kinds of cupcakes that they would be ordering. The next cupcake they tried was a Cookies N’ Creme cupcake. Junior loved it, and Riley knew that the other kids at the wedding would love it to, so it was added to the list. The next few cupcakes, Riley didn’t enjoy all that much. They went through all 23 flavors of cupcakes, and at the end decided on; Strawberry Lemonade, Cookies N’ Creme, Caramel Apple, Key Lime and Germantown Chocolate. After paying for their order, Riley and company left the shop. So far they had gotten the flowers, food, cupcakes, invitations, church booked and date set. Now all that was left to do was get tuxes and dresses. The wedding was coming together nicely, which was great seeing as how it was going down in 5 months.

"So we need to make the official guest list." Riley told Cristiano as she sat down next to him in bed with a pad of paper and a pen. "I thought we had everyone we wanted?" "We do, we just need to write their names down for the invitations. Plus we can decided if we want to cut somebody from the list or add somebody." "Alright, lets get started." They were done with Cristiano’s side pretty quickly as he knew who he wanted to invite. "I don’t have that many friends, so it’s not going to be that much." Riley told him as they got started on her side. "Alright, well who do you know you want to invite?" "My 3 friends from LA. Bruce, Rob, Kourtney and Scott and their kids. Khloe and Kendall and Kylie." "Not your mom and Kim?" "I’ve cut ties with them. This is supposed to be a happy day for us, and it won’t be if they’re there." "I understand." Once they had the guest list done, it was time to focus on the bridesmaids and groomsmen. "So who are going to be your grooms men?" "Sergio, Iker, Marcelo, Pepe, Nani, my brother in laws and Hugo. Hugo is gonna be my best man. What about you?" "Laney is definitely going to be my maid of honor. My sisters will be my brides maids and so will your sisters. And that’s it." "OK. This wedding is coming along nicely." "Yep! All I have to do is drop off the list tomorrow for the invitations. I’ll do that when Laney and I go shopping for the bride’s maids dresses. Don’t forget you have an appointment for the tux fitting on Friday." "I wouldn’t miss it for the world."

After dropping the list off for the invitations, Riley met up with Laney at the dress shop. She knew that she wanted the dresses to be lilac colored, but other than that she was lost. “So you want the brides maids dresses and the maid of honor dresses to be a little different.” Laney told her as they looked around the shop. “Alright.” “So how did Khloe react when you told her she was your maid of honor?” “I don’t know.” “You haven’t asked her yet?” “No and I’m not going to.” “Why not?” “Because she’s not my maid of honor.” “Then who is?” “You.” “Me? Really?” “Of course! You’re my best friend Lane. And besides, if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t even be with Cristiano. I can’t see a better person to be my maid of honor than you.” Laney hugged her and squealed. “Thank you, thank you! I promise I won’t let you down. Now, let’s get back to the dresses.” After searching for a while, Riley picked out a Crinkle Chiffon High Low Halter Dress. Laney was going to have the same dress, it was just going to be a little bit shorter than the brides maids dresses. When they were done picking out the dresses, Riley and Laney went out to lunch. “So, when do you go shopping for your wedding dress?” “I’m flying out to New York on Saturday to go to Kleinfeld. Khloe and my sisters are meeting me there. You’re also coming.” “Yay! So, how did your mom and Kim react when they found out there weren’t invited to your wedding?” “I don’t know and I really don’t care. They’re no longer my family. All the important people are going to be at the wedding. They’re all that matters.”

On Monday, Riley found herself waiting out front Kleinfeld with Laney, waiting for her sisters. “You’re going to miss your appointment if they don’t hurry up and get here.” Riley’s shook her head, “They’ll be here, don’t worry.” Just then, a black SUV pulled up. “Told you.” When the door opened, Kendall was the first one to step out, she ran over and gave Riley a hug, “Oh this is so exciting! I’m so happy you’re getting married!” Riley hugged her back with a genuine smile. Kendall and Kylie used to get on Riley’s nerves with how spoiled they were, but as they got older, they’d mellowed out and now Riley actually enjoyed being around them. Kylie was the next to get out, “This is going to be so much fun! You’ll look hot in all the dresses.” Khloe was the next to get out, but she didn’t look happy, “It was not my idea to bring them.” Riley didn’t have to ask what she meant because at that moment, her mom and Kim stepped out of the car. Riley was pissed, “What are you two doing here?” Kris laughed as she and Kim approached, “We’re here to help you pick out a wedding dress.” “You two weren’t invited. Just like you’re not invited to my wedding.” “Oh come on Riley, can’t we just let bygones be bygones? I promise we will be on our best behavior.” Kim pleaded. Riley had never seen Kim plead for anything. Usually she always got what she wanted. It was kind of nice. “Don’t worry Riley, if they’re not on their best behavior, I’ll be more than happy to kick their asses.” Smiling up at Khloe, Riley nodded her head, “Alright, you can stay. But one wrong word and you’re both out.” As they all walked in to the store, Riley really hoped she wouldn’t regret this decision.

"Riley Jenner?" A short blonde woman asked as she made her way over to the group. Riley raised her hand. "Hi Riley, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Cass, I’ll be your consultant today." "Nice to meet you." "So who did you bring with you today?" "Well, I brought my best friend Laney, my sisters and my mother." After shaking their hands, she looked back at Riley, "So what kind of dress are you looking for?" "I don’t really have a preference. But nothing to revealing since it’s taking place in a cathedral. Also no high neck line." "Alright, and what about price?" "I don’t really have one, but I’d like to keep it below 25,000." "Sounds good. If you’ll follow me to the dressing room, I’ll go ahead and get looking for some dresses." After Riley was in the dressing room, Cass went looking. She came back a few minutes later with 5 dresses. "Alright, the first dress we have here is an Emille Gaston Scoop Sheath Gown in Silk. Riley thought it was a beautiful dress, she just wasn’t sure it was her. Trying it on, she went to show everybody to see what they thought. Everyone agreed that it wasn’t her. The second dress was a Mark Zunino Sweetheart Sheath Gown in Chiffon. Riley loved it, "It’s really beautiful." However; no one else thought so. Dress 3 was a Pnina Tornai Sweetheart Mermaid Gown in Beaded Embroidery. "Oh Riley it’s perfect." Kris gushed as Riley walked out. Kim shook her head, "It is beautiful, but the see through midriff might be a bit much for a catholic wedding right?" Kim asked. Riley nodded her head, "Yeah it would be. I think the father would have a heart attack." "She needs something sexy to keep Cristiano looking at her during the wedding and not looking around." Kris argued. Riley was about to open her mouth and say something, but Kim beat her to it, "He’s going to be looking at her no matter what. She could come down the isle in a potato sack and Cristiano would still think she was the most beautiful woman in the world. That’s how much he loves her." Riley stared at her in shock. Did Kim really say something nice about her and Cristiano? Did she enter the twilight zone? Kris huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest. Kim rolled her eyes, "Alright Ri, next dress." Dress 4 was another Pnina Tornai dress. This one was a V-Neck Sheath Gown in Lace. Riley loved the front of the dress, but she wasnt too fond of the giant bow right above her ass. "It looks like your ass is a gift or something!" Khloe exclaimed, causing Riley and the others to laugh. The 5th dress was a Pnina Tornai Sweetheart Ball Gown in Silk Satin. Riley knew the second that she looked in the mirror that this was her dress. It was a see through midriff, but with all the designs covering the middle, you could hardly tell. Everyone else loved it as well, and when Cass put the Mary Kate Embroided Cathedral Veil on her, she truly felt like a bride.

Later that evening as Riley was getting ready for bed, there was a knock on her hotel door. Opening it up, she was surprised to find Kim standing on the other side of the door looking nervous. “Kim? What are you doing here?” “Can I come in? I need to talk to you.” “Sure.” Kim walked in and Riley shut the door behind her before taking a seat on her bed and motioning for Kim to do the same. “What did you want to talk about?” Kim looked at her shaking hands before looking up at Riley, “I want to apologize. No, I need to apologize. I am so sorry Riley. You were right, I’ve been a complete and utter Bitch to you for no reason. You didn’t deserve that, you still don’t deserve that. I wish there was a reason for menacing that way, but the simple truth is that I’m jealous.” “Of what? I have nothing for you to be jealous of.” “That’s not true at all. You’re an amazing person Riley. You make friends easily, friends that don’t use you or lie to you. You made a name for yourself without having your mother release a sex tape of you. And, you have a happy family with Cristiano. I want that.” “With Cristiano?” “No. I knew from the very beginning that Cristiano and I would never work. I actually always thought he was better suited for you.” “Then why did you freak when you found out we were together?” “I was going through a rough time with Kanye and I lashed out at you like I always do. And I’ll always be sorry for that.” “What’s going on with you and Kanye Kim?” “He refuses to set a date for the wedding. I’m actually starting to think that he doesn’t want to be with me at all anymore.” Riley grabbed Kim’s hand, “Then he’s an idiot.” Kim gave her a sad smile, “You’re lucky. You have a real truly genuine love. Don’t let it go.” “Don’t worry, I don’t plan to.” “Can you ever forgive me Riley?” Riley thought about that for a moment, “Yeah, I can. It’s going to take some time, but I know we’ll get there.”

After Riley and Kim said goodbye, Riley picked up her phone and made a few calls. When she was done with those, she called Cristiano, “Hey, sorry if I woke you. I just wanted to let you know that I’ve added another person to the guest list and to my bridal party; my sister. Kim”