Status: Input would be lovely, thanks. Active.

Twin Sized Mattress

Scene Two:

January 23rd,

Hi, sorry it took me a while to update we just got out wifi hooked up today. So, how have you all been? I have been okay I think. This is short I know, but I had to sleep. I am going to bed soon, school tomorrow! Hooray!
Just kidding, I have no idea what to wear.
Goodnight xxx,
Clara."

January 24th 2005,

What did American girls wear? Clara had no idea at all. She wore flower patten tights, a black dress and beat up converse. As she was walking out the door, she couldn't decide if she should wear her backpack on completely, or with one strap.
Taylor, the girl who offered her a ride was parked out-front. She opened the front door, slid in, closed the door and buckled up. She placed her bag on the floor, smiled and greeted Taylor. Everything went by in a blur, Clara could barely grasp the idea of high-school. Was it similar to the school she went to in Australia? Would it be different? Would she take social studies here?
She kept her questions and thoughts to herself the entire ride. Once they arrived at Delaney high-school, she slid out of the car. Thanking Taylor, she made her way through the front doors and to the office she had last been in when she got registered here. "
Hi Clara, you got everything we put on the list right?" I nodded towards the overly happy lady before me.
"Okay, well first off. High-schoolers here at Delaney are allowed to carry backpacks around, so you don't even need to stop at your locker! Second off, here is your schedule and a pass signed by the principal saying you can be late to every class because nobody is here to direct you to them. I hope you have a very warm welcoming day here! You better get going, if it helps your homeroom is right down the hall. Room 234, Dr. Herodes is a lovely teacher."

With that, she smiled brightly and I left the safety of the office.

A few stragglers who hadn't made it to homeroom yet were rushing through the halls. One entering a room, with a giant snow-flake on the door. Deborah Herodes, English, and Poety. Room 234.

Clara's hand touches the handle, her fingers trembling as she opens it. An older woman with curly blonde hair that was escaping a bun was calmly writing in a perfect script on the chalk-board. A student in the back spots Clara and calls fresh meat out. The room goes silent, and the teacher looks at me and smiles brightly. "Jack, get your butt to the office or I will forcefully drag you there by the ear."
Everyone laughs at that, and the kid who called fresh meat stands up and walks oddly as if he just learned to walk to the door. Dr. Herodes walks up to me and smiles, "sorry honey, he is always causing trouble. You're the new student right?" I nod, she smiles. "Do you care if I ask you a few questions?" The class goes back to being chaotic and I answer her by nodding and smiling. "Okay, what is your full name?"

The class begins to get less noisy and I answer her, "my name is Clara Annabelle Rivers,"

She smiles, people begin arguing over where I am from. Someone shouts out England, another shouts that everyone should shut the hell up so I could speak. Dr. Herodes rolls her eyes and asks, "So where are you from?"

"Perth, Australia." I smile and Dr. Herodes directs me to a desk near the back of the room. Dr. Herodes rings a bell refusing to yell over them. "Okay class, can we start with Damon and list our names and something that we enjoy?"

Damon laughs, "my name is Damon Peters and I enjoy the opposite gender."

His friends high-five him, and all the girls scoff. Clara laughs.
***

By the time lunch came around, Clara was happy she packed because otherwise she would have to face eating with no friends in the cafeteria. She walked around the halls, with a pre-signed pass saying she could find the rest of her classes this period.

Three more hours, until she can be back in her loving bed.

***