Status: this is my first story, please bare with me

You Don't Care... Do You?

I'm a burden

(a few days later)

'Hey sir.' Alex grins cheekily as he walks into my room, 'what's up Alex?' I ask, 'Did you not know? I have detention with you.' he shrugs, sitting down at one of the desks at the front, 'what did you do?' I sigh, 'texting in class. Being a distraction. Telling Lisa to fuck off.' he smirks, 'I thought you and Lisa were a thing?' I ask, 'fuck no. I can't stand her. I can't stand any of them.' he laughs, 'you can't stand having girls watch your every move? You're a weird teenage boy.' I chuckle, 'why? I don't like girls. Why should I like them perving on me twenty four seven?' he asks, 'wow. I wouldn't of expected that.' I mumble, 'don't tell anyone.' he sighs, 'I won't Alex. Back to you getting told off, you know the rules against phones in class. You never text in lessons, Why have you suddenly started doing it?' I ask, 'it was important.' he mutters, 'Alex, if theres an emergency, you know you're supposed to go to reception and use the phone.' I sigh, 'well I'm sorry that I was trying to comfort my mother! Just keep your nose out of it!' he snaps.

-

I look up when dammit by Blink 182 starts playing and Alex grabs his phone, 'hey mum? I had detention, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you. Yeah, I'll be home in a bit. Just be careful. I doubt it, not until like 10. If he does, call me, okay? I love you too.' I smile at the way he talks to his mother, 'okay, one, you like blink?' I ask, 'yeah. Blink, green day, sum 41, simple plan, fall out boy, all that. If I could come to school in ripped jeans and band shirts without being judged, I so would.' he laughs, 'you should one day. Just be yourself.' I smile, 'easier said than done.' he shrugs, 'yeah I know... Okay, the other thing, and you don't have to tell me, but I'd like you to be honest... Is everything okay at home?' I ask and he looks at me with sad eyes, 'no, no not really.' he mumbles, 'would you like to talk to me Alex? Is there anything I can do to help?' I ask, 'you can't help, but can we talk?' he sniffs, wiping a tear away quickly, 'of course, bring a chair over here.' I smile softly and he drags his chair over to my desk, 'what's going on, eh?' I whisper, resting a hand on his shoulder, he shrugs it off effortlessly, 'I feel like a complete burden on everyone.' he whispers, 'Alex, you're not a burden, I promise you that buddy.' I sigh, 'I am. You don't know.' he breathes, 'Alex, no child is a burden.' I tell him, 'my dad hates me. He wants me dead. He wants both me and my mum dead.' he whispers, 'right, Alex, I musn't do this but I'm going to give you my number so you have someone to contact in an emergency, okay? Or even if you just want someone you feel you can trust. Because you can trust me, I really do care.' I tell him quietly.