Status: In the works, bbs!

Hold Onto Me

Every time I leave my heart turns gray

We'd been on the water for about three hours before we finished eating the little picnic he packed for us. Every time I would try to eat, he would start an in depth conversation and I would be forced to talk instead of shoving everything in my mouth like I so desperately wanted. After we danced, he finally noticed the noises my stomach was making and allowed me to eat. Everything tasted like heaven going down my esophagus and Zack laughed the entire time.

We finally made it back to the pier and I held my shoes in one hand, Zack's hand in the other, and he held the picnic basket in his free hand. Once the deck hands had the yacht tied up, Captain Mol came down from his little perch and we said our good byes, and thanked him for helping in such a wonderful night.

As I slipped my shoes on, ready to walk up the pier, I saw a familiar face in a golf cart headed towards me. Marshall stopped a couple of feet in front of us, and I gratefully got in the front beside him. Zack huffed and took a seat behind me, then we sped off towards up the pier. When we got to the limo, Marshall was immediately at my side, helping me out. Z shot him a dirty look and opened the door for me, then ran around to the other side. I couldn't help but laugh as I saw how jealous he was, just because the man was doing his job. I slipped my hand into his, and gave it a gentle squeeze, hoping to give him a little reassurance.

It was a little after 10 when we pulled up outside my house. Lights were on and I could have sworn I turned them off when I left. Zack noticed my uneasy and panicked facial expressions, glanced at the house, then put two and two together. He ran to the bay window to see if he could see anything, but I was too busy getting my pistol out of the glove box in my car. I carelessly tossed my shoes on the grass and made sure the safety was off, just in case I had to use it.

Z's eyes widened as he saw the gun in my hand but followed behind me anyways. He slowly opened the front door, and I stepped in with the heavy gun out in front of me. I scanned the living room, but didn't see anyone. Just as I was about to check the rest of the house, someone came walking out of the kitchen and instinctively, I pointed in that direction.

Ainsley let out a blood curdling scream, and dropped the glass she had in her hand, and we all watched it shatter on the ground in front of her. She looked back up at me and I pointed the gun at the floor, and put the safety back on. Just as I did, someone came running out of the back and down the hallway. I handed Zack the gun as Mel poked her head out from behind Ainsley's boyfriend's leg and told him to get it out of my house.

My neighbor looked down at the glass again, then back up at me before she started laughing uncontrollably. I scowled in her direction as she went to get the broom and dust pan to clean it up.

"Ainsley, I'm glad you think this is so funny! Do you not realize I had a loaded gun pointed in your direction?" I yelled loudly, as Kenton took Mel back to her room. "What the hell are you doing here anyway? I saw lights on and I thought someone broke into my house! Oh my god, kid. I could have killed you!"

"Yeah, but you didn't." She shrugged, sweeping up the broken glass. "Sharon had an emergency and asked me if I could come get Mel. Mom and Dad have been arguing all night, so I figured it would be okay for us to come here. I'm sorry, I should've called you and let you know we were here."

"Yeah, you should have." I scolded her, before sinking down onto the couch.

I didn't even want to think about how bad the situation could have been. I gave Zack a weak smile as he came back in, holding my shoes. He sat down beside me and gave me a kiss on my forehead and placed a hand on my exposed knee. As I leaned into his body, Mel came running out with Kenton in tow.

"Daddy!" She squealed, throwing her arms around his neck and shoving me out of the way in the process. "This is Kitten! Kitten, this is my daddy. My really real daddy!" She grinned happily.

"Uhm... Hello, Kitten." He said, making a face. "I'm Zack."

"It's actually Kenton," He laughed extending his hand. "Melody just prefers to call me Kitten. But it's nice to finally meet you, sir. Mel's told me so much about you."

***

The guys had been in Tempe for about two weeks now, and things were finally starting to fall into place. I would go to work every day, and Mel would go to daycare for a little while then spend time with her dad and her uncles, then I would come home and we'd have a family dinner. Lauren and Brian were attached at the hip when she wasn't working, but no one seemed to notice except for me. And much to my surprise, Brian was great with Trevin.

Melody had definitely become more sassy since the guys had been around. When she went back to daycare after she found out about Zack, she threw a book at a kid who argued with her when she said she had a new daddy. Of course, Z thought it was hilarious and gave her a high five, while I was the one who had to do the disciplining.

It was Friday, meaning half day at work. Matt and I made plans to meet up at the shooting range and have a Matty/Bug day. Needless to say, I was more than excited. I hadn't gotten to spend any one on one time with my brother since they had got here, and it was long over due.

Once I saw my last patient for the day, I quickly changed into what I considered appropriate clothing for today's activities and left the office. As I was leaving, I got a text from Zack and Mel that said they missed me bunches. I smiled and sent a reply before heading towards the tactical shop. I sang along to every song that played during the fifteen minute car ride, and before long, I pulled up next to Matt's car. I gave him a hug then put my unloaded pistol on my hip, knowing you couldn't walk in with a loaded weapon.

After we spent an hour or so at the range, we decided to get something to eat. I knew the perfect little place to take him. Matt got in my car and I drove to one of my favorite places in Tempe to eat. As I coasted down the interstate, I looked at Matt who was staring at his phone. I chewed on my lip for a second before finally asking the question I'd been dying to ask.

"What happened between Bri and Michelle?"

"Uh..." He looked up then at me. "It's complicated."

"Well, you need to uncomplicate it. He's messing around with my best friend and her son. I'm not gonna sit back and let this happen if he's got her back in Cali."

"Basically, she cheated on him while we were on tour and they've decided to take a break and see other people. With how Bri's been with Lauren the past few days, I don't see Michelle and him getting back together. If you want to know the full story, you'll have to ask him. Now, what's going on with you and Z? He's barely been around the hotel since we got here."

"I don't know, I mean... We're not together or anything like that. We've just been spending a lot of time together, we've went on a few dates, and we've taken Mel places. It's just complicated, I guess. Things will always be complicated with him and I."

"Marissa, I think you and Zack should just be parents. Leave the relationship aspect of it alone. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but just trust me on this one, okay? You're better off without him in that way."

I parked the car and just shrugged Matt's words off. Since when was he opposed to Zack and I being together? Not that we were going to, but still. We had a lot to figure out and work through, but I wanted my brother to be supportive of it. I gave him a weak smile and followed him inside Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant.

Neither one of us really said anything during the course of our meal and it was starting to nag at me. Why was I upset with him? He could have his own opinion on the subject, right? It didn't mean I had to agree with him though. Just as I was about to say something, his phone rang and he quickly answered, making his ringtone hush. I could hear it was Zack, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. As the conversation progressed, Matt's face fell and he slid out of the booth, excusing himself. My eyes followed nervously as he rushed outside to finish the call. What the fuck was going on?

I picked at my burger, knowing I needed to finish it but I couldn't eat at the moment. My mind was racing a million miles per minute, and I just wanted to know what that seemingly important phone call was about. Was Zack okay? Oh god, was it Melody? Why didn't he call me instead? Calm down, Marissa! You're gonna give yourself a panic attack. Mel's okay, he would've called you first. Everything's fine. I took a few deep breaths and soon, Matt came walking back in, looking at the floor. That's when I knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong, Matt? Is someone hurt?"

"Yeah, it's nothing to worry about. But the guys and I have to go back to California for a little bit. Zack's bringing Mel here, then he's taking me to my car and we're leaving. I'm sorry, Bug. I wish we could stay here forever, but we have lives back in Huntington, ya know?"

I just nodded and we finished eating in silence. Matt paid the relatively cheap bill, before ushering me out the doors. Zack had just pulled up and was fumbling to get the car seat out of his car and into mine. Just by watching the way they were acting, I knew something was up. I decided not to press the matter, knowing the only response I would get would be something along the lines of, "It's nothing for you to worry about."

I picked my daughter up and positioned her on my hip before giving Matt a good bye hug. He held onto us for a few seconds longer than normal, but I wasn't going to complain. We had a lot of lost hugging time to make up for. Once he let us go, I moved on to Zack who just gave me a weak smile. I put Mel down so I could give him a proper hug, and I felt him let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry we have to leave so suddenly. If I could, I would take you and Mel with me. I'll be back soon, very soon. I pinky promise. I'm gonna miss you like crazy."

"Hey, no. You've got a life out there, you've got family and friends to get back to. Mel and I are both going to miss you, but we'll call you every night, okay?"

"I love you, Mari." He grinned before placing a kiss on my lips. "So damn much."

"I love you too." I whispered against his lips.

He gave me another kiss before bending down to Mel's level. He gave her a big hug and a kiss on her forehead, before telling her to be good for me. She giggled and told him she would be his perfect little princess. Matt yelled at Zack from the passenger seat and he groaned, getting in the car. I told them to give the rest of the boys my love and watched as two of my favorite people pulled out of the parking lot.

"Let's go on home, sweet pea."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: I Can Wait Forever- Simple Plan

Oooohhhh, I wonder what's going on in Californiaaaa?! I really do apologize from the bottom of my heart for not being as active. I'm just beyond busy right now :/ Hang in there, guise. We can do it ;D

Marissa's clothes

Anyone wanna take a guess as to what's gonna happen? No? Okay... Just comment, recommend, and subscribe. Please. I'm begging you. I neeeeeed comments. I need the will to keep posting xD I'll send my twig aliens after you if you don't. Kidding. Maybe. But forreal. Click the comment button and leave me something sweet :3