Status: In the works, bbs!

Hold Onto Me

I lose my courage when I need it the most

I watched as the girl who broke my heart run out of the room. All the memories I had put away over the years came rushing back. How she always smelled like cupcakes, the long nights when she made me play for her until she fell asleep, the way she looked cooking breakfast in my shirts, all the love we made, the little fights about nothing, and how in love I thought we were. Then the letter she wrote me played in my mind for the millionth time.

Dear Zacky,

My love, I'm sorry. I have to do this though. You know I want kids with you but you're right, it's not time for you to be a father. I love you too much to ruin your career so leaving is my only option. I wish our story didn't have to end like this, especially not this early. Zack, please don't dwell on this for too long. I want you to move on and be happy, cause this baby will be my happiness. You, of all people, deserve to have your fairy tale ending. I love you, Zachary James Baker. More than you will ever know.

Love, Marissa Roman Sanders-Baker


I noticed Matt had gone outside after her, and I was just standing in the middle of the room, gawking. Johnny and Brian were ushering the fans out of the room while Jimmy was sitting in the corner silently. He knew this entire time where she was, and he knew what her leaving did to us. I turned my head to look at something else because I was disgusted with him at the moment.

"I'm not leaving this room until Izzy comes back." A short blonde headed girl yelled in Brian's face.

"I'm asking you to leave nicely. If you don't, I'll remove you myself."

"Try it, dick."

Brian went to pull the girl out of the room but the other blonde girl with a septum piercing reared back and punched him square in the face. I had to stifle a laugh as he staggered back a few steps, before regaining his footing. His face contorted in anger and we all knew what was going to happen.

"Get the fuck away from them, Gates!" Jimmy shouted, coming to the rescue like always.

"Who the hell are they?" He asked venom seeping in his words.

"Ainsley and Atlanta. They're Rissy's friends."

"Who the fuck is that and why should I care?"

"I'm fuckin' Izzy. You should care because I'll kick your ass, Haner."

We all turned and saw Romie standing in front of Matt. She stuck her cigarettes in her pocket and looked around the room. It was an awkward tension. No one really knew what to say. Ainsley and Atlanta stood there, looking more confused than anyone. Brian was glaring at Atlanta, Matt was staring at Romie, Johnny was drinking a beer, Jimmy was sitting on a couch with his head in his hands, Romie was looking at the ground, and I couldn't take my eyes off her. I hadn't seen her in over three years, and she looked pretty much the same, just a little older.

"Rissy..." Jimmy whispered.

"Yeah, Jimbo?"

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen, I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad at me, oh god. Please... don't keep Melly from me."

"Oh, Jimmy. Stop, it's okay. I couldn't keep this up forever. And you should know I would never keep Melody from seeing you, that's just wrong."

Everyone kept bombarding her with questions, and I could tell she was getting frustrated with everyone. I wanted to join in with the questioning, but I couldn't. I couldn't find my voice, and even if I could, what would I say to her? There was only one thing I wanted to know right now, and I had to bring myself to ask.

"Question," I finally spoke. "Who is Melody?"

"Yeah, Ro. I was wondering the same thing." Matt said softly in a shaky voice.

"Don't call me Romie. I have no idea who that girl is anymore. I'm Marissa. But, Melody is your niece, Matt." She smiled softly.

He went to say something but I cut him off.

"Is she mine?" I blurted out.

Romie stayed quiet and looked at the floor. I kept my focus on her, waiting for an answer that I had a feeling I already knew. She finally looked up and caught my gaze. I noticed a tear fall from those big doe eyes that I stared into every night before falling asleep. She looked crushed, defeated, and a little desperate. It kind of broke my heart to see so much despair in her beautiful eyes. No, Zack! Stop. You're mad at her! She destroyed your world! She deserves it. Stop thinking about those warm chocolate brown eyes...

"I wished this would have happened differently..." She whispered.

"Can we meet her...?" Johnny asked, setting his beer down.

"I think she'd love to meet you guys."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: Even Robots Need Blankets- Mayday Parade

Hiya guise! Thanks for actually reading my story, it means a lot haha. I really hope you're enjoying it! I know I started the drama earlier than most people do, but a lot happens this time around. Plus, like WretchedAndDivine said in the comments, waiting for the drama gets BORING.

Ahhh. Anyway, we just had this new Sushi bar, Hibachi grill, and Indonesian cuisine (kind of wierd combo, right?) place open up where I live and we went there for dinner. IT WAS PERFECTION. Holy fuck, I could eat it everyday. Not really, cause I'd get even more chub than I already have. Sorry, just had to share with everyone xDD