Status: One-shot! (Possible Two-Shot)

Endlessly

Angel With A Shotgun

"Jack, you're being ridiculous!" Rian stood next to me, waving his hands dangerously around my face in frustration as he huffed and puffed about what a bad decision this was and all that crap. "What if he doesn't even want to live with you?" He half-yelled, half-asked me, his voice echoing around the empty house.

"He's already living with me?" I was only half paying attention as I read through the contract.

Rian made a disappointed sound when he realized how pointless that argument was. It was true, Alex had moved into my small apartment shortly after our one year anniversary. We just slowly began to realize that he was sleeping over all the time and he rarely went home. I didn't ask him to move in until I was cleaning my room one morning and realized more than half the clothes I was picking up off the floor were his.

That was about six months ago and with the rent being split I was finally able to put away enough money to buy Alex that house he was still pining over. It was a big change for sure. And considering Alex didn't even know I had this money saved away for this exact purpose it would probably surprise him more than anything. But that was okay because I love him and he loves this house and I will do anything in my power to make him happy.

"Jack..." Rian interrupted right before I was about to sign my name on the contract. "Are you absolutely sure this is a good idea?" I smiled gently at my long time friend. He was constantly mothering me. It was kind of funny sometimes because he's this buff, extremely buzz cut, tattooed guy following me around in my life making sure I make good choices. It's a bit ironic. I've made plenty of bad decisions in my life that Rian has helped me fix.

But this? This was most certainly a good choice. I nodded firmly just as the real estate agent walked in. "Are you ready, Jack?"

I turned back to the pen and paper. Once I signed this I was the proud owner of all of Alex's hopes and dreams. I would literally be holding the key to his happiness in my hand. That was a huge responsibility.

I never hesitated though.

"Yeah. I'm ready." I signed with a pretty flourish, the keys to my future with the man I loved falling into my hand.

-

I wasn't crazy this time. There was no over thinking. I didn't stand in front of the display case for over half an hour with melting groceries in my hands. It was instantaneous. It was what I new I wanted. There was just the thought of me and Alex, Alex and I, running through my head at top speed. We were perfect. We balanced each other out. I was not me without him. He was my rock, my anchor, my love. My angel.

It was only fitting we spend the rest of forever, in that little blue house on the top of the hill, together. Growing old on that porch, holding hands until the end of our days. That's what I want. That's what I've always wanted.

I remember a couple months ago when I was agonizing over whether to buy Alex one of those 50 cent rings at the supermarket. It was only fitting that picking this one out now had been so easy. So perfect.

-

"Jack! Baby where are you taking me?" Alex bounced excitedly in his seat across from me, fingering the blindfold covering his eyes.

I grinned, he was like a little puppy, "It's a surprise." I slid my hand into one of his in an attempt to calm him down.

Letting go, he slid his hand up my thigh, ghosting over my crotch as his voice took on an extremely suggestive undertone. "If you tell me, I'll still act surprised."

I grabbed his hand again, removing it from where he was palming me through my jeans. "Sneaky bastard. That's not how this works." I grinned though. No matter how hard Alex tried to distract me I wouldn't let him. Tonight was going to be perfect and nothing was going to change that. I held onto Alex's hand tightly as he bounced with hardly concealed excitement in the seat next to me.

We rolled to a stop on the gravel driveway and Alex could barely control himself. "Hang on babe. I'll be right back. No peeking!" I opened the door on my side and reached into the backseat grabbing the wine bottle and two glasses and placing them on the table next to the porch swing.

Okay here goes nothing. Nows not the time to be getting nervous, Jack. It can go one of two ways. He could be ecstatic or this could scare him. Obviously I was hoping he got excited for our future but you never know. People can be unpredictable.

I let out a huge breath before opening his door. "Alright Lex. Are you ready?" I helped him out before closing the door behind him.

Alex was lightly bouncing on the balls of his feet. "Oh yeah. I'm ready. I'm so ready. Bring it on. What is it Jack?"

"Calm down." I laughed leading him to the door. "Okay. Here." I grabbed his hand, placing the key in it and slotting the key into the door. He twisted his hand excitedly pushing open the door as I took the blindfold off of him.

Alex blinked once, his eyes scrunching up in confusion and all the excitement leaving his body. "I-Is this what I think it is?" He barely finished his sentence before he was turning around and rushing out the door.

I turned to follow him, panic clutching at my heart. "Alex wait!" I didn't have to go far before I saw Alex on his knees in the driveway, hands covering his mouth as he gazed up at the house.

I watched nervously as his eyes traced the outline of the house he knew by heart on the outside. His eyes finally rested on me. "Jack? Why are we here? How do you have a key for this place?" He sounded frantic and scared. More so than I thought he would.

I rubbed at the back of my neck, clearing my throat. I was more nervous now. He didn't seem to like it. Maybe Rian was right? Maybe it was kind of stupid to think he'd like that I made this desicion without asking for his advice first. "I -um... Kind of own it now?" There was silence between us for a couple of minutes before Alex's expression cleared and a huge grin broke out on his face.

Alex jumped to his feet and ran towards me, throwing his arms around my neck in a hug. "Are you kidding me?" He pulled away to grasp my hands, his eyes pleading with me. "Please tell me you aren't fucking with me right now! Because this would be a sick joke and I might just have to leave you if you are."

"Nope." I smiled big and relieved, stepping back and pushing him into the house. "Welcome to our new home!" I knew it! What did I tell Rian? Ha! He loved it. I couldn't wait to gloat to Rian, the 'I told you so's' balancing on the tip of my tongue already.

"Oh my God." Alex's hands were covering his mouth again. His breathing ragged as he tried to hold in tears. "But... How?"

I hooked my chin over his shoulder, my arms pulling him into my body. "I've been saving up since the fifth month of our relationship. I knew how much you love it so I figured if I was going to have any chance of convincing you I want to spend the rest of my life with you this was the way to do it." I pulled back, turning Alex around as I got to one knee. "I'd give up everything for you angel. All the things in the world to see you happy. I know what I'm fighting for. I've always known. And I adore you. I adore everything about you. And I need you more than you could ever possibly know. Without you I'll only be surviving, not living. I want to live with you, not survive without you. I'd throw away everything to keep you safe because you are everything I have. So if love is what you need, a soldier I will be. Will you marry me, angel?"

Alex was speechless, falling to his knees in front of me, his hands coming up to stroke my face. He nodded wordlessly before pressing his lips to mine, tears streaming down his face. I grinned, reaching into my pocket and pulling out ome of those plastic balls that hold prizes that you get from an insignificant machine in a supermarket for 50 cents.

Alex laughed gently. "Really Jack? A 50 cent ring again?" He teased lightly, his fingers running along the seams of the sealed ball.

"Just open it." Alex looked at me for a moment before popping the lid off. A beautifully designed ring fell into his palm, a gasp falling from his lips. I reached forward and slipped it onto his finger, my nose bumping with his to get his attention. "It says 'I'll love you endlessly' on the inside. I had it engraved because I love you from now until the end of forever."

Alex slipped his hands around my neck, "I love it. It's perfect." He sighed, pulling me closer to his lips. "I hate to be a Debbie downer... But how did you afford both the house and the ring?" He mumbled, his eyes closed.

I scoffed, "I bought the ring almost a year ago and I've been saving up for the house since our fifth month together."

Alex's eyes slowly opened, his face lifting a little more so I could see his eyes more clearly. The love shining there was unmistakeable. "You're perfect." He said against my lips.

Cue the fireworks and lava. His kiss still did these things to me. And I hoped they continued to do things to me for the rest of my life. I fall for him all over again every day. Becasue he is perfect and I need him and that's all there is to it.

See, before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for. If they are all that you adore and love is what they need, then a soldier you should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so epilogue/part 2??? I dunno it's okay I guess... Kinda shortish. I'm not sure about it. Like it's cute and all but I'm not sure I like it as much as I could.

But yeah here you go.

Oh yeah! And I jumped back into the past to say that Jack bought the ring a whiiiiile ago. Like a long time ago. Because I realized that he wouldn't be able to afford the house and a ring at the same time so this was the most likely option. Sorry if it confused you.

I hope you all like it and it's not too stupid. I tried. Okay. I tried.