Dreams Only Last for the Night.

Home sweet home

"April, wake up we are almost there." Ryan said gently shaking me. I hadn't meant to fall asleep during the hour drive from Philadelphia to Baltimore but the tour was wearing me out. The night in New York was spent sightseeing and clubbing, and no sleep. I slept through ATL's set in Philly and now we were headed to their hometown. "Oh man, wait until we get home. I'm going to show you all the awesome places to hang. Alex's mom's cooking is to die for. The sleepover is going to be great!" Jack gushed before we left Philadelphia. It was ten at night as we pulled in front of Alex's house. Everyone was stretching and yawning when Alex's mom and dad came out. "Welcome Everyone! I'm so happy to have you all. I have some homemade lasagna waiting inside." His mom said. One by one we walked past Alex's mom and dad introducing ourselves. "Hi, I'm April nice to meet you." Alex's mom held on to my hand and said, "So you are April. I am so happy to finally meet you." I blushed slightly and turned to Alex who was doing the same. Once inside Alex's parents showed us to our rooms. "Stef and Chance you can take the pull out couch in the basement. There is a bathroom down there and everything so it's pretty cozy." Alex's dad said pointing down a set of stairs to the right of the living room. "Corbin and John. You guys can stay in the spare room over here." His dad continued motioning to a door past the basement stairs. "We got an air mattress for each of you set up in there." "Now the rest of you can follow me upstairs." Alex's mom said. "Ryan, Michael, you can stay in the guest room. I hope you don't mind sharing a bed." They each shook their heads and headed past Alex's mom to the room. "Now April I'm sure you won't mind sharing with Alex." My heart stopped and my breath caught in my throat. I stared wide eyed at the door she was pointing at then turned to see Ryan's smirk. "Um. Sure. Thank you so much Mrs. Gaskarth for taking us in." "No problem sweetie, better to be in a home then another hotel. Now you all come straight down for dinner ok?" She said looking over to Ryan and Michael then she patted my arm as she walked past me. "I'm sleeping on the floor in your room." I said walking towards Ryan. "April. It's not going to be that bad. I'm sure he won't try anything." Ryan protested. "Ryan Andrew, let me in that room before I kick you." He laughed and then Alex's voice came from behind me. "What you don't want to share a room with me?" He asked with an over dramatic tone in his voice. I didn't turn, instead I rolled my eyes to Ryan and said, "No it's fine. I was just trying to help Ryan with his stuff." I then walked into Alex's room without looking at him.

I sat my things at the foot of the bed as Alex walked in behind me. "Look I'll sleep on the floor. I mean I don't want to put you in a compromising position." He said looking at the ground. "No, I'll sleep on the floor. It's your house and how often do you actually get to sleep in your own bed while on the road." I said with a smile. "We'll figure it out later, let’s go eat." Alex said motioning for me to go first with his hand. Downstairs everyone was seated at the extra-long dining room table. "April sit by me!" Jack said in a childish voice. Before I could reach the chair, Alex had it pulled out for me. I blushed slightly and quietly said, "Thank you." The table erupted with conversation after we were seated. "So you are all from Texas?" Alex's dad asked Chance who was sitting next to him. "Yeah, a small town in Central Texas." Chance replied. Mr. Gaskarth nodded and said, "Alex couldn't quit raving about you guys. He was so excited to be going on tour with you." "He couldn't quit raving about April either." Mrs. Gaskarth said with a smile in my direction. I turned beet red as I saw everyone's eyes shift my way. I stared into my plate of lasagna and then took a bite. "Mmm. Mrs. Gaskarth this is really good!" I said trying to change the subject. "Thank you sweetie." She replied. I looked across the table at Ryan who was smirking at me, I gave him the death glare and continued eating. After dinner I walked out to the back porch to call Zacky.

"Hey it's Zacky V. Sorry I missed your call I'll get back to ya." I hung up the phone and sighed. "Didn't pick up again?" Chance asked walking outside and lighting a cigarette. I shook my head and said, "Yeah for the fourth time." "So what are you going to do?" He asked. I looked at him with a confused look. "I mean, who are you going to choose? You and Zacky had your thing in California and now Alex is obviously into you. Especially the way his mom keeps hinting at things, and not to mention the fact she put you in his room for the night." I rolled my eyes. "Alex and I spent one night together. It was nothing. I have feelings for Zacky." "So you love him then?" I shrugged my shoulders. "It's complicated. I have strong feelings for him, but I'm not sure two weeks is long enough to fall in love. Besides he didn't even ask me to be his girlfriend." I looked up at the stars. I let my mind wander to Alex. 'What would it be like to be with Alex Gaskarth? It can't be easy.' Suddenly I started thinking my thoughts out loud. "He's Alex Gaskarth for crying out loud, the man whore of All Time Low. It would never work." Chance chuckled as he took a drag off his cigarette. "Seems like the man whore has fallen for you. To only have been with you one night and already told his friends and family about you? Sounds like you've roped him in." He put out his cigarette and patted me on the shoulder. "You'll figure it out, you always do." I nodded and followed him inside. Finally around one in the morning everyone started to go to their separate rooms for the night. I awkwardly stood from the couch and followed Ryan up the stairs. "You ok?" He asked quietly. I looked behind me to see if Alex was following us but he was still on the couch with Jack. "I'm nervous about tonight. I don't want anything to happen that I'll regret." "It won't if you don't let it. I seriously doubt Alex is going to try anything against your will." I nodded and we both stopped at Alex's door. "Well goodnight, and if you need anything I'm down the hall." Ryan said wrapping me up in a hug. "Hmm. Don't be surprised if you wake up with me on your floor." He laughed and kissed my forehead. "Love you." "Love you too." I said and then walked into the room.

I changed into my pajamas and then there was a knock at the door. Before I could open it, Alex walked in. "You decent?" He asked looking through his separated fingers of the hand that was over his eyes. I scoffed and sat on the bed. "It's not like you haven't already seen me naked." "Well I was just being polite." He said quietly, sitting next to me on the bed. "Well you ready for bed? We got a busy day tomorrow." I said throwing my pillows in the spot next to the wall. "Yeah I'll just sleep on the floor." Alex said grabbing his own pillows. I grabbed his hand and said, "No, it's fine. We are adults. We can sleep in the same bed without awkwardness right?" He smiled and nodded. I laid down with my back facing Alex. "Good night April." He whispered as he laid down next to me. "Night." I said back. I fell asleep in moments and started dreaming about Zacky. In my dream Zacky had come home and I was there waiting. When he walked in he was followed by Gina. They stopped in the door when they saw me. "What are you doing here?" Zacky asked in a harsh tone. "I thought I would surprise you." I said quietly eying Gina who was smirking at me. "Well it worked and now I have a surprise for you. Gina and I are back together. I didn't think you would mind since you were shacking up with Alex while you were gone." I started crying and shouted, "We didn't do anything. I swear." Gina wrapped her arms around Zacky's neck and kissed him. "You kissed him April. Not once but twice." Zacky said as he pulled away from Gina. "He kissed me. I didn't want to kiss him." Zacky just shrugged. "You can't do this to me. You said you loved me." "Not anymore." He said and walked past me holding Gina's hand. I was left standing in the doorway crying. "April. Hey, sweetie wake up. It's ok. It was just a dream." I was woken up by Alex stroking my cheek. "What?" I asked confused. "You were whimpering in your sleep and then you started saying 'No'. I figured you were having a nightmare so woke you up." I smiled weakly and then let out a sigh. "Well it was a pretty bad dream. Zacky got back with his ex-girlfriend, which he made out with one night in Vegas while we were together." I said staring at the ceiling. "Well it was just a dream. You don't have to worry about anything." Alex said still only inches from my face. I turned and looked at him. "Yeah." I said fighting the urge to lean up and kiss him. "Sorry for waking you. I'm okay now. Let’s go back to sleep." I said turning over. "Ok. You wanna cuddle so you don't have another nightmare?" Alex asked. I giggled and said, "Ok." Alex scooted close to me and wrapped and arm around my waist. He kissed the side of my head and then rested his against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've been slacking. I've started back to work and it's been hectic.