Dreams Only Last for the Night.

Choosing is harder than you think.

"Thank you Cleveland you have been amazing! This is our last song and I hope to see you all soon!" Alex yelled at the crowd before they went into "Dear Maria." I was standing in my usual spot off stage when Ryan came up behind me holding my phone. "It's Zacky." He yelled in my ear. I grabbed it and walked to the green room. "Hello?" I finally said after a moment. "Hey baby. I miss you so much." Zacky said. I gave a "Hmph." and he sighed. "Don't be like this April. I really miss you, we are going to be home in 2 days and I would really love for you to come talk this out with me." He pleaded. "I don't know Zacky, I'm pretty busy here. I just can't leave the tour." I argued. "It's just for a few days. You'll be back before they even know you’re gone." I heard the roar of the crowd signaling the guys were done. "I gotta go, shows over and we are driving straight through to Detroit tonight." "Ok. But think about what I said. I love you April." "Bye." I said hanging up the phone. I still couldn't say those words to him. Partly because I was still mad at him. Also because I wasn't sure if I did anymore. I was lost in thought when suddenly someone came up behind me and twirled me around in the air causing me to squeal. "How was it?" Jack asked as I turned to face him. "Amazing as usual Mr. Barakat." I said and he gave me a big sweaty hug. "Well time to get pretty for my fans!" He said as he walked into the green room. I shook my head and laughed and walked down the hall to find the guys of NST. "Hey, great show!" I said slapping Zack a high five. "Thanks April!" He yelled after me. My phone buzzed with a text and I opened it, not watching where I was going I bumped in to someone. "Sorry." I mumbled before looking up into Alex's eyes. "Hey pretty lady." He whispered and leaned down to give me a kiss. Before the kiss could get heavier I pulled away with a grin. "We can't keep doing this." I said. "And why not? You seem to like it." He said before kissing me again. I pushed him away after a moment and sighed. "That's the problem Alex, I sorda have a boyfriend." "I thought you guys weren't official." He said angrily. "We aren't, but I do feel like I have an obligation to him." I looked at him and shrugged. "Let me figure stuff out and I'll get back to you." I said putting my hand on his chest. He wrapped his fingers around it and we sat there in silence for a moment. "Alright." He said finally and kissed the top of my head and walked off to meet his band mates.

I found Corbin by the stage wrapping up his cords. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "Stef and Chance are in the van, Michael is talking on the phone over there, and John and Ryan are outside talking to fans." I nod with a smile. "How does it feel being up there in front of all those people?" I asked. Corbin returns my grin and says, "No words can describe it. It's such a mixture of feelings from scared to overwhelmed." "Well you guys are great every show and I couldn't be more proud of you all." I gave him a hug and went out to the van. A few miles down the road I turned to Ryan and asked, "What do you think of me leaving the tour to go visit Zacky for a few days?" I watched Ryan stare out the window, obviously taken back by my question. After a moment he turned to me, "Why do you think you should go out there?" He asked still confused. "I really need to sort things out Ryan. I need to confront Zacky, tell him how I feel, but most of all figure out how I really feel." He nodded his head once. "I think seeing him will determine if I still have feelings for him, or these new feelings for Alex are real." Ryan grabbed my hand then. "I think you should talk to Alex, at least give him a heads up on what's going on. If you just run off to California for a few days, you might lose him." I sighed deeply, afraid of what Alex was going to think. "I'll talk to him tonight." "Before we party." Ryan added. I gave a weak smile and turned to watch out my own window.

We arrived at our hotel and Rian and I were heading to the front doors. "You alright April? You look a little down." He asked. I nodded with a fake smile. "I'm just tired I guess." "Well you are still going to come hang out for a little bit right?" He asked anxiously. "Yeah." I said with a laugh. "Good." He said as we met the others at the front desk. We all walked down the hall to our rooms and decided to meet in Alex and Jack's room. Ryan, Michael, Corbin and I went into our room and set our stuff down. "Corbin and I are going to head over there now before Jack breaks into our Jaeger." Michael informed us. I sat on the bed and stared at the designs in the carpet. Ryan sat beside me and rubbed his hand back and forth on my back. "Everything is going to be alright April. I promise." I nodded slowly. "Come on let’s get over there." He said and pulled my hand. We walked in and everyone was already in the room. Alex was on the couch laughing with Matt about something. I got butterflies in my stomach when he turned and met my gaze, his smile widening. I gave a small wave and walked over to Zack at the drink table. "Hey there. What will it be." He asked waving his hand over all the liquor. "The usual." I said turning to look back over at Alex. Zack followed my gaze and chuckled. "Mountain Dew and Vodka it is. Do you need it to be extra strong tonight my lady?" I turned to him and thought for a moment. "No. I am going to need to be a little sober for the talk I'm having tonight." He gave a small nod as he mixed my drink and then I walked over to stand next to Stef and Chance. "Hey girl." Stef said throwing an arm over my shoulder. "You alright?" I nodded and smiled. "Well if I know you, you are going to feel way better after a few drinks!" She laughed after taking a sip of her own. We stood and talked for a while and then I moved on to John and Corbin, careful to avoid Alex until the last possible moment. "So April, want to re-live some old memories?" John said, obviously drunk, as he slid his arm around my waist. "Not tonight John, I got plans." I said pulling away from him. Just as he was about to protest Alex walked up and grabbed my hand. "You look like you need rescuing." He said looking from me to John. I nodded and we walked to the other side of the room. "I need to talk to you." I said loudly over the music. "Your room then?" Alex asked. I led the way through the crowd out the door.

Once we were in the room we both sat on the bed and Alex wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. "I don't like having you too far away from me." He winked at me. I looked down at my hands and then said, "Well then you aren't going to like what I have to say at all." He loosened his grip on me so he could look me in the eyes. His face was so full of anxiety, I almost couldn't bring myself to tell him anything. I took in a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. "What is it?" Alex asked quietly, letting his arms fall back to his sides. "I'm going to California in a couple of days." "Oh." He said standing up. "Alex, I told you I had to figure things out." I said in a rush, worried he would leave before I could explain. He turned and faced me as anger flashed over his face. "You know I'm tired of these games April." He said harshly. "I'm not trying to play games Alex. You kissed me before I could even get a word out. Then you assume that it’s alright to keep kissing me." I let my voice rise. "You haven't stopped me yet, and we almost slept together the other night." Alex argued. "I was drunk! Zacky had slept with Gina and I was out for revenge!" I stood now, stepping towards Alex in anger. "So that's all I am to you? I'm just here for you to get revenge? Sounds like this has been a game to you all along." Alex turned and headed towards the door. I followed and grabbed his hand. He yanked it out of my grip, but turned to face me. "I'm not playing games Alex, I am so confused right now. I had an amazing 2 weeks with Zacky, to the point that I thought I loved him. Now I'm here with you and.." I let my voice trail off. "What?" Alex asked, making the space between us mere inches. I took in another deep breath. The smell of Alex's cologne intoxicating my senses, making me yearn for his lips to meet mine. "You're here with me and what?" Alex whispered as he brought his face to mine. "I-i-i-" I stuttered trying to concentrate. "I have feelings for you too." I said before pressing my lips to his. When we broke apart Alex let out a quiet laugh. "What?" I asked taking a step back. "Who’s kissing who now?" He said. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Well that's the last one until I figure out what I want ok?" Alex shook his head and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me to him. "This is the last one." He said before kissing me so deeply he left me a little dizzy. "Shall we go back to the party now?" Alex asked leaving his arms around me. "You go. I got things to sort out." I said. Alex sighed heavily and slowly pulled away from me. When he got to the door he turned to me with a pout. "Are you sure we can't just fool around a little bit?" I laughed and kissed him on the cheek then pushed him out the door. I landed on the bed with a sigh and tried to sort things out in my head. After a while my eyes fluttered shut and I was soon lost in dreams about Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO sorry I've been away. I'm going to be posting/hopefully finishing this story before the week is out. We'll see. Keep reading!!