Status: Active! Regular updates every Friday night or Sat/Sun

Eccentric Flair Institute, School for the Supernatural.

Chapter 5: The School Village

It was a long night, Werewolves change gradually leading up to the Full moon. Just my luck it was three days away, so i had to put up with insane lower back pains as I started to sprout a tail. I didn't sleep until the early hours of the morning when I changed back to my normal self. I hadn't been here long and I was already getting sick of trying to tell people i wasn't a Werewolf, a pixie a whatever I've accidentally touched.

It was now at least 6 am, i had 3 hours sleep. Hooray. Luckily Jaime was lounging on the couch when I came out. He stayed around last night when i was in immense pain. I sat down on the opposite side of the couch, I wrapped the thin cardigan around me tightly. "Mornin." He grins looking at me, "How are you feeling?"

I shrug, i mean other than a murderous tired. "Classes start soon anyway, you might just have to wear more clothes." he offers and i nod, "Yeah but, i don't like layers, this is the most layer i like." I say gesturing to my cardigan. "And its not like i want to be under room arrest until then. I want to see the school more." I say honestly.

"Really, I can take you, if you don't mind. Unless you prefer on your own.. I just want to get to know you better. I mean we share a bedroom together." He rambles and I nod heating up in the face a little. Don't get me wrong, he's cute and all, i just tend to have malfunctioning skin molecules that like to say hi to every cute guy I come into contact with.

"Do you wanna go now? They usually open the stores up early." He suggests standing up. I nod, "Sure, I'll get changed." I say standing, "Nah, you look fine." He says raising an eyebrow. I look down, "Uh sure if you think hot bed wear and bed hair is a turn on." I say sarcastically. He looks down making me feel guilty. I walk into the bed room grabbing clothes quietly then going into the bathroom.

I put on my favorite pair of Skinny jeans, on the left leg was stripes and on the right was checkers. I really liked it. I put on a singlet and for Jaime's sake, put on an over-sized jumper which slipped off my left shoulder. I put on my converse and brush my teeth.

I finish and walk out, "I put this on for your sake." I say pointing to my jumper and he nods. "Well, lets go then." He grins opening the door and walking out. I follow him into the creepy hallway, once again. 'These hallways kinda freak me out you know?" Jaime says exactly what im thinking. "My sentiments exactly." i murmur beside him as we make our way to the large staircase.

We leave the large residential building and make our way down hill, toward the village.
"The best thing about these stores, is that because it on school grounds we get everything for free. how cool is that?" Jaime grins, It became clear to me that it didn't take that much to amuse Jaime. He was a fun loving guy, he really enjoyed everything and sent off a positive Aura.

"So.. what other kinds of people are here. Like Witches? zombies? all those kind of things." I ask and he chuckles, "Nah not witches, they went extinct centuries ago, remember that era were they killed people because someone accused them for being witches.. yeah that was the last year Witches saw." Jaime explains, woah thats pretty intense.

"The un-dead not so much, like yeah we've got Vampires but thats all, oh and Franklin Brayt, he's the only known Necromancer in history. He can re-animate the dead and all that, its cool, he's an A-Grade like yourself. But like the Witches, Vampires are like.. going extinct and all that." He says.

"Seriously?" I ask and he nods, "yeah, its not the Sun necessarily, its like the whole Blood situation. The longer these generations are going the more humane they're becoming." He answers, wow. Too think that all this is happening under peoples noses.

We reach the Village shortly and we stood in the Village center. There was at least 9 buildings, quite tall but narrow. "You want breakfast?" Jaime asks nudging his head toward the shortest of the buildings. I nod, "Yeah if you're hungry." I answer and he nods walking over. I follow him. "I don't eat actually, since i get energy provided from electrical stuff, but the Dead Mans Cafe sells the best Milkshakes." He grins as we walk in.

I nod, Understanding obviously. I looked in shock as the cafe was being manned by Centaurs, it was really cool though. "Heya Jaime, you want the usual?" The centaur in the center of the shop asks. Jaime nods, "Yes please, and another one for Scarlett too." Jaime grins taking a seat in the far corner booth. I stand looking at the table, not knowing where to sit. Should i sit beside him.. or..

He pats the seat beside him grinning at me like a child. I shyly smile and sit next to him. He looks over at a lone girl. She had long brown hair and was hunched sitting on a bar stool. Jaime calls out, "Stella Peters is up at this ungodly hour, man it must be the end of the world." Jaime chuckles to himself.

"Shut up Jaime." The girl mutters. I sigh looking at my fingers, i don't think im ready to witness another brawl. Shortly we're given our milkshakes, Jaime basically shovels his down and I stare at mine. "Its good stuff, They put in your normal milk, then a slight bit of Fairy Dust, some salamander limbs and the forefinger of a galactic space humanoid." I look at him horrified.

"Yeah that stuff will clog up your bowels for about 2 months, don't do it Honey, your walking into death." The Stella girl calls out. I look up, "didn't plan on it. I heard milk and was already out of it." I call back, she chuckles looking into her empty glass. "Not a fan of milk huh? Me neither." She says and I shake my head, "nope, never really been able to drink much liquids." i say and she turns.

"Really huh? Can't handle it, are you one of those people who can't drink shit?" She asked, looking at me, i shake my head, "I think you'd be put off if you could taste every single molecule that made the drink. I don't just taste stuff, it breaks apart into tiny little molecules." I retort.

"Shit well you should probably get that checked out." She says getting off the stool, "if you could excuse me, I have a boyfriend to go yell at." She says stepping out. I look at Jaime, "Well.. Isn't she..charming." He nods rolling his eyes, "Fire Elementals, they are literally a bunch of hot heads. I only cop a little slack off her considering." Jaime explains.

"Considering?" I question, theres nothing wrong with Jaime. Or anyone i've met so far. "Yep, blame Austin if she starts givin' you the cold shoulder, they hate each other - actually thats an understatement." Jaime groans. It took a few seconds for it to twig that Austin was a Water Elemental and this girl Stella was a fire elemental, the two are polar opposites.

"Oh wow.. Austin doesn't seem the type to hate someone, i mean yeah he's giant and intimidating but he doesn't seem the grudging type." I state and Jaime nods picking at the table. "Anyway, are you going to drink that? it really helps." Jaime gestures to the drink. I sigh, "I guess so.. If i die i'm coming back to haunt you."

He laughs and I take a swig. At first the taste was horrific, then the particles broke down. I look at Jaime, "woah, this is.. amazing." I say and he grins, "Isn't it? I have to say, the salamander limbs top it off perfectly, the particles in every ingredient mix together specifically for people like you and I." He says still grinning.

"You are the happiest guy I know, you know that right? you're always grinning." I observe. He just shyly smiles, "Really? well i have no reason to not be happy right. I might have a mutation but it doesn't stop me from maybe making someones day special." those words were stringed together perfectly, it made me smile.

I watch as Jack and another guy walks in beside him. He looks over and I wave at him. Jaime turns to me, "You know Jack? really? I hardly see the guy.. Literally." Jaime says and I laugh, I explain to him that he showed me to our room then disappeared when i told him that invisibility isn't so bad. Jaime just laughed, "Did you seriously tell him that, i bet he would've loved you for that." i nodded.

The two decided to sit at the table with us, since we were the only people here. "Hey Jaime." They greet, Jack says hi to me and so does mysterious guy. Jaime introduces me to him, His names Alex. Then Jaime went on to tell me how the two were two peas in a pod.

"Oh so your the one that told shit face to go peek in the girls shower room." Alex says and I nod, "Yeah.. he was bummed about how he couldn't do anything cool." i say and Alex laughs. Jack shrugs, and Jaime just shakes his head. "You seem to be fitting in fine, i mean you've met quite a lot of people considering you've only been here, like a day?" Jack says and I nod.

"Yeah well Jaime wanted me too meet some people, and I know my roommates, then i was warned about this Stella girl-"
"Ugh Stella, she hates everyone except her Boyfriend." Jack says rolling his eyes.
"So you don't like her?" I ask and the two shrug. "She's a hot-head..literally.. She doesn't like people." Alex says and I nod.

"She seemed civil with you scarlett." Jaime says, and I raise an eyebrow, "Didn't we just establish that she probably hates me because of Austin." I say and he shakes his head, "No i said if she gives you the cold shoulder its because of Austin." I nod muttering 'Ohh'

We continued to talk all four of us, mainly about the school. Then i've gotten the reaction i'm used too now considering its been a day. The reaction:
"Oh what no way, you're an A-grade?" Alex asks shocked. I nod, "Yep, I've slightly gathered that being an a-grade is the coolest thing because about six other people have had that reaction."

"No kidding, what can you do?" Jack asks, I explain the easiest way possible. And the defect as well, which always seemed to captivate the attention of people. "Wow, and i thought i was pretty cool being a Cherokee and all." Alex says.
"Cherokee? the flower?" I ask, Jack and Jaime burst into laughter. Alex sighs, "No.. Lightning Sprite."

"I'm sorry.. i didn't mean to offend.. i just-"
"Its okay, your only new to it, its okay, it takes time." Alex smiles at, i sigh in relief thanking him, it was good that at least someone understood that i'm only new.