Status: Active! Regular updates every Friday night or Sat/Sun

Eccentric Flair Institute, School for the Supernatural.

Chapter 8: All hell breaks loose

“Excellent, excellent! You’ve made splendid progress Scarlet, unbelievable, your parents and the headmistress should be very proud.” Genga smiled proudly, I shyly smile. Was he serious? I thought my progress was average. It felt like it. “Sir, is there any way I can.. switch off my manifestation.. like my absorbing abilities?” I question playing with my fingers. It was silent for few moments aside from the odd noises his tinkering tools made.

“Why on earth would you want that?” He asks, his head tilted to the side. I frown looking at him, “I mean, so I don’t drain Jaime, I-I just don’t like the fact that I am literally feeding off him.” I say biting my lip. He sighs, “yes of course, but to, to simply flick that switch can be catastrophic, so to speak.” He quivered leaning over the newly placed desk. I watched as he moved nervously around the room.

“You can’t just turn it off, to turn it off would be turning on earths impending annihilation switch scarlet… but I can.. extract it, very carefully.” He suggests looking up at me, that sounds painful. I shake my head, I don’t want it permanently taken away. I backed up a little, the light hit his face making him look almost maniacal. “People would kill for your power Scarlet, you do not understand truly how powerful you are. Scientists would writhe under studying the exact tonic that runs through your veins.” He said taking small steps toward me.

“And while its in your body, its not doing any good.” He grinned maliciously, is he suggesting to take it out by force? What is going on..? “S-sir.. I- I don’t understand what your implying..” I stutter backing up slowly. He laughs, “Well of course you don’t, your ignorant. Too caught up in your own problems to notice the bigger picture, my dear scarlet. If only you knew what happened to the real Professor Genga, it would make your stomach churn.”

My eyes widened, what? Is he? My breathing becomes heavy, sweat dripped down my face and I stood still. In shock. “Who the fuck are you?” I yelled, it echoed. “Ah, she’s finally seeing things as they are. I’m Eve.. And-“ the muscle under his skin moved, he cracked his neck. Cringing every time the noise of a bone crack was audible.

I watched in horror as the skin left over piled on the ground. He was now a she, I gulped and looked at..her. “I’ve been sent here by the love of my life to get the shit that’s inside you and clear the world.” She maliciously grinned. I raised an eyebrow, trying to calm myself, I can’t panic, panic leads to stupid decisions and I don’t feel like dying today.

“So, heres the catch, you come with me, and your boy toys will be left alone.” She folded her arms. Her long nails drummed against her arm. “Yeah.. and wheres with you? A different planet? Country? What?” I ask mimicking her pose. Her head tilts to the side, she grinned and her eyes widened to make her look more sinister. Her long ash blonde hair fell past her waist. “Hell.”

“Hell? That’s biblical bullshit and you know it.” I scoff, she laughs throwing her head back, “whatever your ignorant mind has told you to believe, now Lord doesn’t like to be kept waiting.” She rolls her eyes sticking out a hand. “fuck you.” I flip her off, making her pissed. She scowled lunging, her nails extending to claws. I scream covering myself.

It didn’t take long for me to realise what I had done, I thought she’d attacked me, but in reality. I blew up. Literally, Blew up. Exploded. Boom. I was surrounded by the wreckage of the room, it was charred. Everything was black and smoke drifted in the air, this was certainly getting me expelled. I hear a chuckle, “Your more dangerous than I thought. Hmph, though you made your choice, I hope those boy toys of yours were fun while they lasted.” I heard the sinister voice.

I gasp standing up. The door was gone, as a matter of fact the whole walls were blown to pieces. I certainly started a commotion, a crowd of students already formed. Shit. Not long till Headmistress will follow. I walk out of the wreckage and into the eyes of the crowd. They gasped at me. It occurred that I too was covered in dusts and muck. I clutch my head, a killer migraine coming on.

“What is the meaning of – oh dear.”
I cry out in pain then clutching my nose as black muck poured out of it. Much like a blood nose but more painful. “Deary, its okay, phsychic abilities tend to back fire, which is the cause of a blood nose.” The headmistress says putting a hand on my shoulder. I nod quickly than looking around for familiar faces, Austin? Jaime? Tony? Oli? Anyone, I couldn’t find them. “Oh my god.” I spoke just above a whisper.

“Scarlet, would you like to come to my office, I’d like a word..” Headmistress says and I nod. We walk up in silence me in pain from the migraine made me wince once in a while. We made it to her office and sat. “Scarlet, I need you to tell me what happened.. full detail please.” She says placing her hands on her lap.

“Ms.. I really need to fin-“ she raised a hand and I sigh impatiently, “We doing exercises to help with my abilities, He..Professor Genga started saying some weird stuff, I got scared, then he started saying weirder stuff, next thing I know he was a she.” I say fast. She looks at me nodding. “And-and she said she’d hurt my friends if I didn’t go with her.” My voice quivered, I was growing impatient, I need to find Jaime and the others.

“Who? Scarlet, who threatened you?” She questioned, she didn’t at all mind the fact that I blew up half of the training quadrant. “Her name was Eve..” I say frowning, she looked at me casually, like she had expected it. “Of course, Scarlet your in graver danger now, stay close to friends, I’ll see to it that you and your friends are under protection 24/7. Now go, they’ll be expecting you.” She smiles faintly, I became slightly light headed but I nodded.

I rose from my seat, my eyesight blurring. I clutch my head but make a bee line to the residential area. I ran as fast as I could, once I reached the large building I felt sick in the gut. I ran up the stairs and down the hall, I received odd looks. I came to relief when I saw Alex.

“Alex oh my god.” I cried out and pulled him into a hug. I started to cry into his shoulder, I’ve been here for 2 months and someone already wants me dead. “Woah I saw you this morning Scar.” He chuckles. I pull away, “Where are the others?” I ask sniffling, “In yours and Jaime’s room, hey-whats wrong?” He asks and I yank his arm in the direction of our room.
We reach the room and I hurdle in with Alex. Everyone looked as it turned silent. I look around and see Jaime sitting on the couch. “Oh thank god!” I cried running to Jaime I hugged him tightly. “Whats wrong?” I heard Austin ask, “Yeah she’s rigid, like she’s been sentenced to death.” Stella’s voice picks up. “You guys, you have to be careful, im so sorry.” I say looking at the many pairs of eyes staring at me.

“What happened?” Jaime asks rubbing my back, I smile at him faintly, “I- I don’t even know everything happened at once.. I just, I put you guys in danger, all of you because I panicked, I shouldn’t have, I-I’m so sorry.” I put my head in my hands.

“Woah hey, its fine, we’re fine nothing’s going to hurt us, isn’t that right guys?” Jaime shouts and a chorus of ‘Yeahs’ reply. “You don’t understand she told me that I hope you guys were fun while it lasted, she’s going to kill you.” I cry shaking my head. I felt like I was going insane. “Who?” Mikes voice asks. “She was called Eve.” I say.

Everyone was silent. Nervous eyes looked at one another. I knew by that, that it wasn’t good. “Eve.. the Eve is after you? Shit scar that’s not good.” Jack says, Alex stomps on his foot making him curse. “I-she wants what I have, I panicked I blew up half the training quadrant… She was pissed, headmistress is going to give us all protection.” I say looking around.

“Hey its fine, we’re fine, we don’t need protection, we’re all capable of handling ‘mother’” Jenna says, I beam at her. I admire her courage. The room agreed, “You sure, because.. I’d be shattered knowing that you were hurt under my doing..” I say. “Hey its okay, I just think no one here fancy’s being under lock and key.” Matt says.

“As long as she doesn’t get you, you’ll be fine, trust us.” Tino smiles. I sigh and I nod, was I overreacting? Maybe she was bluffing. Hopefully she was. Hopefully this is all a stupid dream and I need to wake up.