Status: Active

Kiss From a Rose

Chapter 11

As Matt got dressed the next night to go to the theater he briefly reconsidered not going. But his strong need and want to see Ember and maybe finally get answers to all the questions surrounding her urge him on.

He took a last look at himself he was dressed in a black shirt and black jeans. His hair was slicked down and he wore a pair of aviators.

Grabbing his keys he walked to his car getting in and drove to the theater. On his way there he thought about before deciding to get a single red rose.

After getting it he continued on to the theater. He looked at his watch it read 6:55. Five minutes before he saw Ember.

Getting out he walked to the ticket booth the same woman who was there the first time sat there.

"You can go on in." She said not even looking up from her book.

"Thanks." He said walking by and into the main part of the theater.

"This way." The man said leading him into the theater and down to the front row at the same seat he had sat in the first time.

Getting to it Matt found no mysterious note or letter which he had become accustomed to finding. There wasn't even a rose petal laying anywhere.

Matt sat down wondering why there was no letter. Ember had always left something for him to find. Her leaving nothing to suggest her presence was strange.

He was brought out his thoughts by the lights dimming to a light red that centered on the stage.

The curtain shuffled slightly as a woman came on stage the light on her following her. The floor moved as a black piano appeared on stage the woman walking to it sitting on the seat.

The light turned to a light blue as she began playing the piano. She was wearing a long white dress that had a train behind it and wore flower lace gloves.

She looked famaliar but Matt couldn't see her face cause she was wearing a veil covering it. As he looked closer he recognized her as Ember.

"I can't see your star."
"I can't see your star."

As she said this a golden light in the shape of a star appeared at the corner of the stage. Ember got up pulling up her veil and grabbing the mic as another actress too her place at the stage.

Matt saw that her makeup was smeared and was running down a trail down her face and her eyes looked slightly red as if she had been crying.

"Though I patiently waited bedside for the death of today."
"I can't see your star."
"The mechanical lights of Lisbon frightened it away."

As she sang her eyes landed on Matt. He gave her a warm smile instead of returning it Ember's face briefly went into a shocked look that he was there. She shook it off and continued singing.

"And I'm alone now me and all I stood for."
"We're wondering now all in parts in pieces."
"Swim lonely find your own way out."

Ember started looking and spinning as if she were lost in another world. As she got closer to the star and reached for it, it disappeared from sight.

"I can't see your star."
"I can't see your star."
"How can the darkness feel so wrong?"

At this the curtains opened as several figures dressed in black came out and formed a circle around Ember as she started spinning.

"So far away."
"It's growing colder without your love."

Ember squatted down slightly covering her arms in a protective way.

"Why can't you hear me calling your name?"

She walked to where the star had been and contiued to sing as the figures followed her.

"Can't break the silence it's breaking me."

One figure grabbed her pulling her to him. Her face turned into a look of fright as he dragged her away from where the star had been. He and his followed began to push and shove her to each other. She stumbled falling to the ground.

"All my fears turned to rage."

Ember got up her face angry as the light turned red she shoved the man and ripped his mask off. He tried to cover it using his cloak.

"And I'm alone now."

Ember fell to the stage on her knees as the followers gathered behind her running their hands over her back.

"Me and all I stood for we're wondering now."
"All in parts and pieces swim lonely."
"Find your own way out."

The followed picked Ember up dragging her to an object as the curtain pulled back. They ripped her dress leaving it ragged and placed a crown of something on her head.

As she finished the last verses and the choir of the song increased the followers lifted the object up revealing it to be a cross.

One brought a torch of fire forward Ember's eyes widen in fear as it came closer. The man set her on fire as the song ended and the curtains closed.

Matt stood up in applause with the rest of the crowd as the light came back on. As the audience started going out he made his way backstage.

He looked around in search of Ember as the cast and crew got ready to go home.

"Are you looking for someone?" A man asked noticing him.

"I'm looking for Ember." Matt said.

"She just left she looked like she was in a hurry." The man said. "She went out the side exit door."

"Thanks." Matt said quickly going out the door and into the parking area for the crew.

He looked around not seeing anything as he looked again he saw red above a car.

"Ember wait!" He yelled running.

She looked up her eyes widen seeing him but she didn't get in her car and drive away.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Came to see you." Matt said panting. "I got your letter last night."

"What letter?" She asked.

"The one sent by the raven telling me to be here at seven." Matt said. "It also said I would understand everything."

Ember looked down. "Matt it's a lot more complicated then you think." She said. "I'm sorry but I have to go."

"Wait." He said making her look up. "What's your hurry?"

"I just need to go now there are things I need to attend to." Ember said.

"Ember what's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said quickly hiding her face but she couldn't hide the tear that fell down.

"Ember why are you crying?" Matt asked. "What's happened?"

"Nothing you need to worry of concern yourself with." She said reaching for the door.

"What happened to your arm?" Matt asked.

On Ember's arm was a piece of gauze that started at her wrist and ended near her forearm. It looked fresh and had dried blood staining it.

Ember said nothing and pulled her sleeve down further.

"Ember what's going on?" He asked. "Later today I went to your apartment to ask you about earlier and a neighbor said you had moved out." "Also when I went in I found this."

Matt pulled out the empty prescription bottle. Ember stared at it growing tenser.

"Please explain things to me Ember." He said.

"You wouldn't understand." She said.

"Then help me too let me understand." He said grabbing her hand. "Please."

"I'm sorry Matt I can't." She said as a tear came down followed by more.

Matt pulled her into his arms stroking her hair. "Why can't you?" He asked.

"I just can't." Ember said. "I'm fucked up Matt and I shouldn't have dragged you into my problems."

"We're all fucked up Ember." He said. "But it helps to talk about it."

"I want to tell you but I can't." She said. "At least not now."

"Then at least come with me so you won't be alone." Matt said pulling back to wipe her tears away.

She sighed. "Okay I'll come with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Song:
Your Star by Evanescense