Status: Active

Kiss From a Rose

Chapter 19

"Who would do something like this?" The nurse asked as she cleaned up the mess.

"Someone very sick and fucked up." Matt said.

"Well this person needs serious help if this is their idea of a gift or joke." She said tying the bag up and gathering the cleaning supplies.

"Are you okay?" She asked eyeing Ember who was looking at her hands.

"Fine." She said barely audible.

"You sure?" The nurse asked again. "You want me to get the doctor or some medicine?"

"No thank you." She whispered.

"Alright then the police should be here soon." The nurse said leaving.

"Ember I'm so sorry." Matt said hugging her but she didn't hug back.

"I had Ablo for nine whole years." She whispered. "I thought since he lived that long maybe I wasn't an omen to him at least but once again I bring death to any living thing."

"Ember don't say that." He said. "You're not an omen and it isn't your fault." "This is all May's doing it's her fault for Albo's death and the other events that have happened not yours."

"Maybe she's right though if I hadn't been born mom would still be here, she would still be pretty, and none of this would've happened in the first place." Ember said.

Matt grabbed Ember forgetting about her arm till she winced.

"Sorry." He said loosening his grip. "Ember first off I want you to stop talking like this." "It's not your fault that your sister is crazy and disturbed or whatever the hell is wrong with her."

"She obviously has problems that are not your fault their her fault since she can't control herself or get professional help." Matt said. "It's not your fault that she's jealous and vengeful it's all on her."

He took her hand while the other lifted her chin. "Ember McClain you don't bring death and destruction." He said touching her stomach looking at it lovingly. "How can you say you bring death when you have this beautiful healthy life growing in you?"

Ember placed her hand over his. "He or she gives me hope that maybe life isn't as dark and sinister as I've always thought it was."

"Life is beautiful." Matt said. "You're beautiful."

Ember slowly smiled not realizing she was crying till Matt wiped a tear away.

"You're beautiful Matthew Sanders." She whispered. "Even though I still think it's weird you're called Matthew."

He chuckled but stopped when her lips pressed against his. The kiss started to increased until the sound of a throat clearing made them stop.

"Hello I'm Officer Watson and this is my partner Officer Miller we're here to ask some questions about an incident that happened a few minutes ago." He said.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Matt asked Ember.

She nodded. "I'm tired of being afraid of her."

"Her?" Officer Miller said. "You know who did it?"

"My sister May shes did it." Ember said.

"Do you know why she's doing it?" He asked.

"It's a long story but mainly cause she just wants me miserable and dead." Ember said. "I don't wish to talk about why."

"That's fine we won't press that question." Officer Watson said. "Can you give us a description of her?"

"She either wear a long trench coat or black hoodie and a big hat with sunglasses to hide her disfigurement." Ember said. "Sometimes she wears a mask that look like pin up girl from that movie The Strangers."

"Why does she wear it?" Officer Miller asked.

"She was burned terribly in a house fire when we were young." Ember said. "So she trys to hide herself."

"Do you know where she may be at?" He asked.

"She's everywhere and anywhere I am she tries to find me." Ember said. "She'll find me here eventually."

"We'll have officers posted out here." Officer Miller said. "I think that's enough for now if you think of anything else either give us a call or tell the officers outside your door."

Ember nodded taking the card. "Thank you."

"And you are?" Officer Watson asked.

"He's my boyfriend." Ember said. "He can stay with me right?"

"Yes but if he leaves he'll have to some ID to come back in." Officer Miller said.

"Thanks Officers." Matt said as they left. "Boyfriend?" He asked with a pleased smile.

"I'm your girlfriend that makes you my boyfriend." Ember said.

"I know it's just I never expected you to say it is all." Matt said.

"I never expected myself to say or do alot of things but that's slowly changing." She said taking his hand. "Because of you."

He squeezed her hand then thought of something. "Ember you mind telling me why'd you had to take these?" He said taking out the pill bottle.

"For depression, nightmares, and surviver's guilt over mom's death." She said.

"You shouldn't feel guilt your mom wanted you and she wanted you to live she wouldn't have had you a full term if she didn't want you." Matt said.

"I know that now." Ember said. "She also probably would've wanted me to give her beautiful grandchildren."

Matt smiled. "She'll see them from above she's looking down at you right now smiling."

"Sometimes I wish we could see into heaven by just looking up to see what it's like." She said

"I know what heaven's like cause I'm living it right now with you." Matt said making Ember smile.

"So what do you think it'll be?" She asked looking at her stomach.

"I'll love it regardless of the gender what do you want it to be?" He asked.

"Don't know but there's one thing I know." Ember said.

"What's that?" He asked.

We're sure as hell not naming him or her any biblical names." Ember said.