Status: Active

Kiss From a Rose

Chapter 22

"Almost done?" Matt asked Ember the next morning.

Due to her leg Ember couldn't get out to use the bathroom so she had to use it in a bowl.

"Almost." She said before wiping herself and pulling down her gown then pulling her panties up. "Done."

Matt turned around and took the bowl from under Ember's butt. He went to the bathroom emptied it before rinsing the bowl and sitting it on the floor.

He came back out to find Ember feeling her stomach. She was starting to develope a small bump.

"Trying to find the baby?" He asked.

"Yeah I know I'm only a few days along but it's a habit now." She said. "I wish I could see the bump from the side though."

Matt smiled. "I can help you with that."

He pulled out his phone and pulled her gown up. She giggled as he placed a hand on her stomach then layed on the side of his head then clicked the button twice.

Matt looked at the pictures before smiling and handed the phone to Ember.

Ember took it smiling at the pictures as she went back and forth between them.

"I can't wait till she or he gets here." Ember said.

"Me neither." Matt said. "Have you come up with any names yet?"

"No." She said. "I'm not worried about names right now we'll name it when it gets here."

"Okay." He said smiling.

"Matt remember the first night we met and I guessed that you had lost a loved one?" She asked.

"Yeah what about it?" He asked.

"Who was she?" Ember asked.

Matt sighed. "Her name was Valary she was my high school sweetheart."

"What was your relationship status?" She asked.

"We were married tied the knot in 09." Matt said.

"How long?" She asked.

"Three years." Matt said.

"What happened?" Ember asked then noticed his face. "I'm sorry Matt you don't have to tell me."

"No it's okay." He said. "You told me about your past you deserve to know mine especially now since we're in a relationship."

She smiled and squeezed his hand. "So what happened?"

"I don't know when but we just starting fighting alot the littlest things would set her off then she would leave saying she needed to blow off some steam." He said. "She wouldn't return for hours sometimes she wouldn't return for days."

"Then during a particularly bitter heated fight she admitted she had been cheating on me but that wasn't all." Matt said.

"What else?" Ember asked.

"The baby she was carrying that I thought was mine wasn't mine." He said.

"Matt." Ember said sitting up and reaching out to hug Matt. "I'm so sorry."

"It still hurts cause I was really excited then I was crushed but it wasn't meant to be." He said. "She wasn't the one for me."

"Do you still love her?" Ember asked.

"Valary was my first love so she'll always have a place in my heart." Matt said. "But she's my past you're my future."

He touched her stomach. "You and this baby are my future."

She stroked his cheek. "And you're my future."

"Morning you two." Nurse Betty said coming in with breakfast. "How you both feeling?"

"Better than ever." Ember said and looked at the plate with worry.

"Don't worry I cooked your breakfast and security was nearby during it." Nurse Betty said.

"That makes me feel a little better." Ember said. "Thanks Nurse B

"You're welcome sweets." She said. "Enjoy."

"Haven't had French toast in forever." Ember said eating.

"When we go home I'll make you French toast everyday for breakfast if you want." Matt said.

She smiled. "I'd liked that but I would have to make you something in return."

"What are you good at making?" He asked.

"I make a killer Devil's food and red velvet cake." Ember said with a smile.

"Can you make tacos too?" He asked.

"Mexican food is my speciality." She said. "I hope you don't except me to do all the cooking though."

"Of course not I'll cook too and help with the dishes." Matt said. "If you can make peach cobbler as well."

She grinned. "I can do that."

"So our kitchen duties are we both cook, occasionally helping the other and do dishes together." Matt said. "Sounds like a deal to me." "What do you think?"

She leaned in and kissed him. "Deal."