Status: Active

Kiss From a Rose

Chapter 23

"Hold on Matt I need to rest." Ember said holding her walker.

"Okay take as much time as you need." Matt said.

Matt was helping Ember who was out of bed using a walker. The doctor said she needed to excerise and try to walk at least twice a day. So she would get used to walking again and to prevent bed sores from forming.

"Okay I'm ready." Ember said and started walking again towards Matt who was near the bed.

Matt watched as Ember occasionally stopped to either rest or remove pressure from her still healing leg.

"I'm gonna try to walk without the walker." She said pushing it to the side.

She stumbled slightly Matt got up but she gestured for him to go back her hands against the wall.

"Just give me a minute." She said steadying herself against the wall.

She stepped forward one hand still on the wall before taking baby steps towards him.

Slowly Ember made her way over to Matt who had a smile slowly forming on his face. She returned it as she continued over standing in front of him.

"You did it." He said hugging her.

"Finally without that damn walker." She said making him laugh. "Don't laugh at me."

Matt only laughed harder at her pouted lips which slowly grew in a smile before she laughed herself.

As Ember laughed she squealed as her foot gave out and fell on top of Matt causing them both to fall on the bed. They noticed their current position.

Ember was lying halfway on Matt her chest against his and her knee close to his manhood.

"If you wanted to get me in bed all you had to do was ask." Matt said wrapping his arms around her.

Ember laughed. "You know I can't have sex or any activity that requires alot of strain and pressure on my leg."

"Wrapping her leg around me wouldn't put that much pressure on it." Matt said.

Ember scoffed. "Hell yes it would you're as big and thick as a tree trunk." She said.

Matt chuckled. "How bout on top of me like you are now?"

Ember smiled and leaned down her lips brushing against his before going to his ear.

"Matthew Charles Sanders are you actually suggesting we do it in a hospital?" She asked seductively and nipped his ear.

"Maybe I was." He said sharply as she bit his ear.

She came back up looking at him. "You either were or weren't which one is it?"

"Okay I was." Matt said rubbing her sides. "I just miss being intimate with you and holding you afterwards."

"I miss being like that too." She said kissing his neck. "But I have a feeling we'll be having alot of wild nights to make up for it."

"What do you mean?" Matt asked.

"Why Matt don't you know?" She asked laughing at his expression. "Due to being hormonal some women's sex drives increase when they're pregnant."

His eyes widen. "You're not kidding?"

"No." She said kissing his Adam's apple. "And I guarantee you as soon as we get home I'm gonna attack you."

Matt blushed and Ember laughed before kissing him. He wrapped his arms tighter around her running a hand up her back.

Ember unbuttoned his shirt exposing some of his chest and placed kisses on it. Matt gently rolled them over mindful of her leg before resuming their passion.

Matt caressed and ran his hand up her still cast leg. Ember giggled as he tickled her toes.

Smiling he placed butterfly kisses on her collarbone. Pulling back Matt lifted up her gown caressing her small bump and kissed her belly.

He came back up their lips meeting. They were interrupted by a throat clearing. They pulled away seeing Nurse Betty standing there with a smirk.

"Please refrain from saturating the sheets with your fluids." She said making them both blush. "How'd you do today Ember?"

"I managed to walk to the bed without the walker." She said. "I stumbled some but I made it."

"That's good with this continued progress you'll be able to go home soon." Nurse Betty said. "You should get some rest and no more physical activity of any kind."

Both blushed as Nurse Betty left laughing. "Gotta love Nurse B." Ember said as Matt helped her back in bed.

"Ember I was thinking since we have a little one on the way we're gonna have to start painting the spare room." Matt said.

"What color should we paint it?" She asked. "I really like blue cause if can be for a boy or a girl."

"I like blue and yellow." He said laughing at her wrinkled face. "What's wrong with yellow?"

"As long as it's not that ugly mustard yellow I'm good." Ember said. "Can we also have elephants for decoration in the room?"

"Sure but why elephants?" He asked.

"Cause elephants represent courage, wisdom, and strength." She said.

Matt chuckled. "That all describes you."

Ember tilted her head as Matt continued. "You have courage to even try having a life and not giving up on it despite all the shit you've been through."

"You're so intelligent you make me feel dumb sometimes cause you know a lot that I don't know." Matt said. "And Ember you're strong for surviving everything you've been through and for carrying our baby." "If those three words don't describe I don't know what does."

She smiled. "What about unique?"

He chuckled. "You're definitely unique cause there's no one else like you on this planet."

"And there's no one else like you Matt." She said. "My hero."

Matt stared into her eyes before kissing her gently then held her in his arms wanting to be as close to her and their child as he could.