Status: Active

Kiss From a Rose

Chapter 8

Showering the next morning all Matt could think of was the night shared with Ember. It definitely made number one of best sex he ever had.

Getting out and drying as he walked back into his room he glanced at the blue rose he had put in a small pitcher of water. Walking over he gently stroked the petals.

His thoughts were still flooded by her disappearance and the mysterious raven that was at his window who gave him the rose.

"How did the raven know where he lived and who sent it to him?" He asked himself.

He had no doubt that Ember had sent it but he wondered why she sent it to him by raven and not leave it by his bedside.

After getting dressed he took the slip of paper with her number on it and dialed it. The phone rang six time before someone answered.

"We're sorry the number you're trying to reach is no longer active." The machine said.

"What?" Matt said looking at his phone confused. "Maybe I dialed it wrong."

He redialed the number letting it ring before the machine came on saying the same message.

"We're sorry the number you're trying to reach is no longer active."

Matt tried the number six more times each time getting the same message.

"The hell is going on?" He said throwing his phone down.

How could Ember's phone number be longer active or in use when he had just called her two days ago?

He sighed having no way to contact Ember and he didn't know where she lived.

"Well it was good when it lasted." He said getting up and putting his shoes on.

Matt walked through the crowd of people on the sidewalk on his way to the music store. It was a Saturday so it was really crowded.

He finally got to it immediately going to the section with Metallica, Pantera, and Korn. He went through the CDs picking out five albums that were on sale.

As he turned he accidentally bumped into someone. "Sorry are...

"Nice to see you again too." A famaliar voice said.

Matt looked as Ember looked up at him with a small smile. He didn't recognized her at first due to her wearing black roses and her hair was dyed red.

"Not happy to see me Matt?" She asked.

"No I'm glad I just didn't recognize you is all." He said with a small smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for some music too." She said holding up four CDS.

"Whatcha got?" He asked.

"Deftones, two Evanescence ones, and Shiny Toy Guns." She said.

"Shiny Two Guns?" Matt asked. "I've never heard of them."

"You should give them a listen." She said. "Their music is orgasmic." She said walking pass him.

Matt stood there his manhood twitching against the confines of his jeans.

"You coming?" Ember asked giving him a glance.

"Yeah." Matt said snapping out his trance.

After paying for their CDs they walked on the sidewalk looking into the store windows.

"Ember why'd you leave last night?" He asked.

"Let's get a coffee and talk." She said.

After getting their beverages they sat outside sipping their drinks.

"Can you tell me now?" Matt asked.

"I had to go away I had somewhere to be." She said.

"Where did you have to be?" He asked.

"That is something you don't need or want to know." She said.

"Why's that?" He asked.

She looked at him locking eyes. "You just don't." She said. "Did you enjoy the new experience?"

He chuckled. "That's an understatement." "Words can't describe last night."

"If words could his would you describe it?" She asked.

He took her hand. "Amazing, brilliant, out of this world, I wanted to do it again immediately."

She laughed. "All those word are so cliche but I'll take them."

"Why'd you dye your hair?" He asked.

Ember shrugged. "I had dark hair for so long thought I needed a change a new start in a way." "You hate it?"

"No I like it I was just wondering is all." He said. "I got the rose too."

"What rose?" She asked.

"The dark blue rose that was sent by a raven last night." Matt said. "The raven woke me up that's when I found you gone I went to my window and it was there with a blue rose."

She stirred her coffee and took a sip she appeared to be in deep thought about something.

"Ember are you okay?" He asked.

"Matt do you know what blue symbolizes?" She asked looking up.

"It symbolizes depth, stability, wisdom, confidence, loyalty, trust, intelligence." He said.

"Those are some of things blue symbolizes." She said. "Do you know what it symbolizes in China?"

He shook his head. "No I don't."

"It symbolizes torment, ghosts, and death." She said.

Matt stared at her as she looked at him intensely. "You know what the raven symbolizes?"

"No." He said.

"It symbolizes ill or bad omen it's often associated with death and lost souls." Ember said.

"Ember why are you telling me all of this?" He asked.

"There's things you need to know." She said. "You're really not aware of the evil around you."

"Ember why do you always talk about death?" He asked. "You never talk about yourself except for that second time we met."

"Because my life is something you don't want to hear about." She said looking away. "It's something you can't imagine."

Before Matt found answer she got up quickly grabbing her purse.

"Ember what's wrong?" He asked.

"You wanna go to my apartment?" She asked.

His eyes widen. "Okay." He said as she grabbed his hand dragging him to her car.

"Ember what's your hurry?" He asked as he stumbled.

He stumbled again as she kissed him before he could respond she pulled away with a ghost of a smile.

"That answer your question?" She asked. "Don't you want more of the experience?"

"Yes." He whispered.

"Let's go then." She said getting in her car.

Matt got in just as she pulled out and drove away. During the ride Matt wondered what made Ember want to leave so quickly.

They way her demeanor had changed he couldn't help but think she had a whole different reason for wanting to leave so fast.

Whatever it was he was going to find out.