Therapy

Chapter Eight

Sunday night during family therapy, Jack and Alex were watching cartoons. It was a newer show and neither of them were that into it. Usually Jack would be glued to the TV but now he looked rather bored with it actually.

"These new shows suck." Alex said, mostly to himself. Jack looked up in surprise, like he was shocked Alex even knew he was here.

"Yeah, they do. I miss the shows from when we were growing up like Scooby Doo or Dexter's Lab or..."

"Powerpuff Girls!" Alex said excitedly. Jack grinned and snapped his fingers.

"Yeah! Those chicks were the bomb!" Jack turned his body so he was facing Alex who mentally high fived himself. He got Jack to talk to him.

The two discussed their old favorite TV shows, which somehow led to them talking about their favorite video games, and even their favorite comic books. They got so loud that Mr. Jeff ran over because he thought they were fighting. They agreed to keep it down and continued their conversation.

"Dude, DC is way better." Alex said. "I mean Superman and Batman win it alone!"

"Batman doesn't even have superpowers!" Jack pointed out. "You can't be a superhero without superpowers!"

"So what if he doesn't have powers? He still kicks ass. Plus the Joker is like the coolest villain ever."

"True but Marvel has the Avengers." Jack said pointedly.

"DC has the Justice League." Alex replied, somewhat snappy.

They glared at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter. Alex realized how heated he was getting.

"I've never met someone as passionate about comic books as me." Alex said.

"Same. God, we are such nerds." Jack's face suddenly fell. "So does this mean we're like... friends?"

Alex cleared his throat, looking down at his dirty converse. "I don't know, Jack." Alex met Jack's eyes and smirked. "I suppose I can forgive you for your messed up views in comics."

The next thing Alex knew, Jack flung himself over to him, hugging him tightly.

"Jack! Alex," Mr. Jeff called. "You know the rules."

Jack unlatched himself from Alex and sat down next to him. "That actually means a lot to me." He said seriously. Then in an instant, Jack was back to his goofy self. "Alright. Favorite band?"

"Oh god, that's hard." Alex thought about it. "Either Greenday or Blink 182."

"Oh my god. I love them!" Jack all but yelled. "It's official. We're going to be best friends."

"Whoa, what kind of weird, parallel universe are we in?" Zack asked, walking into the room. His mom must have just left. Was family therapy over already? Holy shit. Alex and Jack just spent almost an hour talking.

"Jack and Alex universe, duh!" Jack said,

"Alex and Jack." Alex corrected. Jack stuck his tongue out childishly. Rian walked in, stared at Alex and Jack, then glanced behind him.

"How long was it gone?"

"I knew you two would be friends eventually." Cassadee came up behind hem grinning. "You owe me five bucks, Zack."

"You were betting on us?" Alex questioned as Zack slapped Cassadee's open palm.

"Maybe." Cassadee sat down next to Rian on the other couch.

"Why didn't you let me in on it?" Jack asked. "I knew Alex and I were going to become BFF's. No one can resist my charm."

Alex laughed along with everybody else, but in his mind he wandered if that was actually true.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate this chapter, but I can't be fucked to rewrite it.

But... friendship. Yay!?!?