It Was A Lie When They Smiled And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

Chapter 2: LUNCH!.........Will it Really Be Fun?

The first 4 periods of the day was so boring. None of my friends were in them. I couldn't wait for lunch and after. Lunch was the only class that Gerard, Ray, and Bob were in with me or any of us because they were in 12th grade. Damn one more year and they were gone. Anyway all the classes after lunch are great because Frank, Mikey Corey Lindsey Kate and Cathleen are all in them. As I sat staring at the clock counting down the seconds left till lunch, my English teacher called on me about something I had no idea about. He hated me, he always asked me questions about stuff we never learned. "Kristen, I'm waiting" "Mr. Carter, I don't know the answer to that question because I don't recall learning it." "Oh well maybe you were too busy staring at the clock. See me after class"
The bell finally rang. I walked up to Mr. Carter "Yes?" "Kristen, you have been paying way too much attention to that clock. I'm not allowing it. I'm changing your seat to where you can't see the clock" "But Mr. Carter I swear we never learned that material. I think that's in chapter 19 were only 17. I don't understand. You always do these things to me" "No Kristen they are in Chapter 17, if you don't believe me come back after school so you can find the material. If you are wrong, you get detention for correcting a teacher. If you are right, I will apologize." "No I don't want to risk detention for a correction. Mr. Carter I have to go I'm going to be late for lunch." "OK but remember no more correcting a teacher"
As I left to go to our lunch spot, the bell rang. "Dammit! now I'm late and am going to be caught by the hall monitor. The little shrimp that he is." As I ran outside to our tree, I saw Frank looking for me. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late, Mr. Carter was out to get me again"
"its ok Kristen" said Ray
Soon Kate began to poke ray's fro
and Mikey and Corey started to argue about what shoes were better, Vans or Etinies.
We all sat down, Lindsey next to Gerard, Kate next to Ray, Mikey next to Corey, and Frank next to me. He always sat next to me. Ever since we became good friends and ate lunch together. He always sat next to me.
We were minding our own business when the preps of the school come strutting over about five feet away form us and say really loud purposely so we can "accidentally" overhear them.
"Look how emo and goth those people are. They must go into the bathroom every five minutes to cut there wrists." I started to get up. Bob ,who was on the other side of me, pulled me down and said, "there looking for a fight don't bother"
They saw me get frustrated and spoke louder "OMG there so goth, I mean there such emo posers" at that point i didn't listen to Bob. I walked up to them and pushed Lauren the one who said the last statement. This made her fall. "HOW DARE YOU CALL US EMO AND POSERS! WE ARE NOT! WE DO NOT SLIT OUR WRISTS !!!!! LEAVE US ALONE!! YOUR SO BORED IT'S SAD CAUSE YOUR LOOKING, LITERALLY LOOKING FOR A FIGHT!" I screamed. the whole field got quiet and watched the fight. I walked away and began to eat my lunch again.
I knew how much trouble I would get into for doing that. But I didn't care I was defending my friends and myself. When everything got loud again, all my friends were cheering me on saying "GREAT JOB KRISTEN! GREAT JOB!" It felt good to yell at the preps.
it turned out to be a great day anyway. Gerard was feeling better, I got out of almost getting detention, and I beat up the preps!
I couldn't wait for the rest of the day!