It Was A Lie When They Smiled And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

Chapter 30: The Red Ones Help Me Fly

I stayed on Frank for a long time. When we realized it was almost 1:00 in the morning, we got up to walk home. Frank took my hand. We walked out of the house and down the street. I looked at our hands and pulled mine away.
"What's the matter Kristen" said Frank.
"Why wouldn't you listen to me in the first place?"
"I don't know. I guess that I just thought the worst."
"No you didn't. What's really going on?"
"Nothing. Kristen I love you so much. It's just that when I saw you kissing Mike, it looked like you were enjoying it. It looked like you wanted to kiss him. It looked like you didn't love me. I guess those thoughts built up in my head."
"But it only looked like it. That wasn't what happened."
"I know."
"So if you knew then why did you believe it?"
"I guess I don't know..."
"Frankie, I want you to be able to talk to me about anything. I want to talk to you about anything."
"We can..."
"Then why didn't you listen to me in the first place?"
"Like I said I jumped to conclusions!" Frank's voice had grown to a yell.
"Fine."
I didn't want to get into another fight with Frank, so I just ended it. I started to walk again, Frank came up next to me and just stared at me, like I had three heads or something.
Soon he turned his head to look where he was going. 'What is going on in his head?' I thought.
We reached the front steps. Frank held the door open for me. We walked into our bedroom. I sat down on the bed and looked down. Frank needed to get something. He returned within a few moments. He had a book in his hand, a beautiful book. It was black with a blue stripe across the cover. The stripe was lined with two silver stripes.
Frank sat down next to me and placed the book over both of our laps. I just stared at it. He opened it. It was a scrap book. It had all pictures of me and Frank. From when we were little, to now.
The first picture was when we were five. The whole gang was with us. Frank and I were in the middle and Frank had his arm around my shoulders. Another was Frank's 7th birthday party. Frank had icing on his lip and I was wiping it off with my finger. The next picture was my 13th birthday. The whole gang was all on the couch and Frank was laying across my lap. We were all laughing because Frank's hair got messed up. Then there was a big picture of Frank and I dancing together on Mikey's 14th birthday.
The latest pictures were of Frankie and I kissing, a picture that Kate took when she was on a sugar high. Another one was when Frank and I were in a picture booth. The last picture was everyone was together on the curb. My arms were around Frank's neck, Kate was staring at Ray's fro, Lindsey and Gerard were kissing, Mikey and Corey were fighting, Bob and Cathleen were smiling while sitting on the other side, and Frank was cracking up. We took it last week.
I closed the book and looked up at Frank who was now in tears, he was trying to hide it, but it didn't work. I just hugged him and whispered into his ear, "Now I understand."