It Was A Lie When They Smiled And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

Chapter33: I Lost My Faith to This

****Kristen POV****
We were just packing up when we heard the door bell ring. Bob was late, I’m not sure what happened at that doctors office. I’m sure it was nothing though. Bob walked down the stairs. Tears were dried on his face, and he was looking down. “Bob, what’s wrong?” said Mikey as he finished putting his bass away. “Guys, um, your gonna have to sit down for this.” He said. As soon as I heard him say that I knew Bob was going to tell us something horrible.
We all sat down in a circle on the grey carpeted floor. “Ok….so what’s up?” asked Kate.
“Um…guys, I have some pretty bad news. I have very serious lung cancer. It’s so serious that I HAVE to get surgery done to remove it. If I don’t do this surgery, I could die in about a year.”
The whole room burst out into tears when Bob took a breath in between his speech. “Doc also said that this surgery is a very dangerous one. That people have died on the table while having it. Whatever path I take, I have the chance of dieing.”
There was a long pause.
“When do you have to do the surgery?” I spoke up, tears filled in my eyes.
“As soon as possible.”
I cried even more and all my tears ended up on Frankie’s shirt. Which, even he was crying. Everyone was.
“You guys, I think that Bob needs a hug desperately now!” said Gerard.
“Daddy!!!!!” I squealed as I ran into Bob’s arms, along with the others.
“Daddy?” he said, puzzled.
“Yea, remember, I gave you that ‘nickname’.”
“Oh yea!” he said as he smiled. We all cried even more, all in this huge mega-hug.
“Come on guys” Bob said with a sniffle, “Lets go home and get some rest”
We all walked Bob to his house, and then went our separate ways. Frank and I walked home alone. It had to be the earliest we have EVER been home. It was about 9:30 or 10:00 at night.
Lisa jumped up from the couch when we walked in.
“Oh my! I didn’t expect you guys home for another couple of hours, what’s wrong?”
She must of seen our tears running down our face, or maybe even the makeup that’s probably running down my face.
Frank finally spoke up, “We just found out that Bob has very serious lung cancer, and has to get surgery a.s.a.p.”
“Oh my god! Aw come here you two.” Lisa said as she opened her arms for a hug from both of us.
We both squeezed her tight, and did what we both needed like a hole in the head, cried more. I guess we needed a whole in the head really bad though, because crying made us feel a little better.
Lisa made us some ice cream, and we sat down in front of the TV and watched “Meet the Fockers”
After we did that, Frank and I walked up to our room and put some music on. We just sat on the bed, I was laying on top of Frank. We stayed like that until about 3 or 4 in the morning. No sleeping, just thinking.
It was a very sad time for the whole entire group. It’s going to be really hard on that surgery day.