It Was A Lie When They Smiled And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

Chapter 38: Breathe In For Luck

Maybe we
Why don’t we
Sit right here for half an hour
We’ll speak of what
A waste I am
And how we missed your beat again


The lyrics were being heard over and over in my ears on the car ride to the hospital for Bob’s surgery. Nobody said a word the whole ride. We took two separate cars. I went with all the guys, except for Gerard, and Ray. Alicia and me were the only two girls in the car.

We reached the hospital in about a half hour. I heard Bob take a deep breath in, and out. He hesitated until all of us were out of the car. Finally he opened his door and dragged himself behind us. We walked into the entrance.

“Hi how may I help you?” said a big black man wearing a security uniform. He was sitting in this small room with a lot of monitors.
“Bob Bryar has a surgery at 3:00 PM.” I said, with very little emotion of anything. We were there very early. 9AM for a 3PM surgery.
The man looked on his computer and said, “Ah yes. You’ll have to wait in the waiting room for a little bit. If it stays busy like this, you’ll be in and out sooner than you think.” He smiled and handed Bob a wrist label.
We all walked to the sign that said ‘waiting room this way’. We fallowed the sign and found a small, quiet room with few people and a TV that no one was watching. We sat down and tried to relax as much as possible.

An hour passed. We were all very cranky, tired, and worried. Kate and Lindsey were looking at me with such a awful look. I almost cried when I saw them. Anything could of made me cry now. If someone dropped a quarter or killed a fly, I would probably cry. That’s how much stress I had. I don’t know about Bob. I bet he had it much worse though.
I glanced back over and Kate and Lindsey. They were still staring at me with the same look.
I glanced back to Bob. He looking down at his hands, and twirling his thumbs in a circular motion.
Back over to Frank. He had his face in his palm.
Gerard and Ray were watching the TV, acting as if they were fine.
Alicia was getting ready to cry into Mikey’s shirt.
Corey and Cathleen were reading a magazine, probably trying to get there mind off of the hospital.
Another hour passed and the same things were happening. A nurse dressed in a nice clean white apron walked in and read her chart. “Bob Bryar?” Our eyes popped open and our hearts sank.
Bob gulped loudly and said “Yes?”
“Is it time?” said Gerard.
“Oh no! Don’t worry guys, I only need a blood test to see what blood type he has so I can match it up with a donation.”
Everyone sighed a sigh of relief.
Bob got up and left with the nurse.
I glanced over to Kate and Lindsey. They looked at me and started whispering something. I couldn’t take this anymore.
“What’s wrong! What the hell did I ever fucking do to you guys!”
“You were our friend, who betrayed us all the time.”
“What are you talking about? I never betrayed you guys.”
“OH REALLY?!”
“Yes really!” jumped in Frank.
“Kristen would never betray you guys! Trust me! Where did you here those things from?”
“Her herself!” said Lindsey
“Guys! We all can’t yell now! Bob needs our support, not our yelling so chill out for now!” said Ray.
“I will as soon as Kristen admits she’s sorry!”
“Fine! I’m sorry for whatever I didn’t do! Whatever I did do to you! I never wanted this to happen! I would hate it if it did! I love you guys, and you don’t know how upset I would be if I lost you guys! I’m already loosing my brother, almost lost two of my bestest friends, and Bob, my ‘daddy’ is going into surgery! I’m sorry for whatever I did ok! I just can’t take this anymore! I’M SORRY! SO SORRY FOR WHATEVER I DID! OK!?!”
I looked straight into there eyes and ran out of the waiting room and out of the hospital.