It Was A Lie When They Smiled And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

Chapter 41: Exchanging Body Heat

It was about fifteen minutes later. Everyone was in the room with Frank. A nurse came in and took his blood pressure and all that stuff that I never want to watch.

"Alright everyone, Frank needs his rest."

I gave Frank a kiss on the cheek, and all the others gave him hugs. All but Mikey, he gave Frank a peck on the other cheek as a joke. Frank was to weak to even threaten him so he just laughed.

We left and Bob went to the front desk to see when his surgery was to begin.

He came back and said, "They're going to bring me to a room where I will be spending the night, and then I'll be going off to surgery."

We all gave him really concerned faces. Finally Kate got up and hugged Bob tightly. The rest of us fallowed her.

At first Bob was startled, but he eventually hugged us back.

"Mr. Bryar?" said a nurse.

"I got to go guys. Wish me luck."

"Good luck Bob!" we all yelled down the hall he entered.

We all walked back in the room, but this time we weren't separated. We were all together in one mega hug.

****Three hours later****
It was getting dark now. Bob had gone into surgery about 2 and a half hours ago. Frank was still sleeping, and now there was only soap operas on the TV. It was so boring.

Kate was so bored she was playing with the little kiddy toy, (she looked like a weirdo doing that but it gave her something to do.)

Gerard and Ray were asleep on the chairs. As were Corey and Lindsey, but they were leaning on each other.

Cathleen was trying to stay focused on a magazine, but kept glancing up in anxiety at every person that passed by in the hallway.

Mikey and Alicia went off to go and get some food for themselves. They were going to bring back some snacks for us as well.

****One hour later****
Everyone was asleep now. Everyone but me. I couldn't sleep. Frank had just had surgery, Bob is in surgery, my brother is moving to New York.

My brother! I could call him and check how he's doing.

I slowly got away from Kate's grip around my arm.

I walked outside of the hospital and pulled out my cell phone.

"Danny?"

"Oh hey Kristen. I'm packing now, can I call you back?"

"No. Frank went into surgery."

"What?! I thought Bob was the only one going into surgery. What happened?"

"Oh no Bob's in surgery now, and Frank's fine. His appendix exploded and cause internal bleeding. He lived on the word probably. He's just resting now."

"Oh my God Kristen! Are you ok?"
"I'm better than I was, but I'm not good."

"Oh. I wish I could be there, but I can't I got to finish this packing."

"Fucking packing." I said under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I got to go. I'll update you later Dan. Bye."

"Ok. Bye."

I walked back in to the waiting room. And sat back down next to Kate, and fell asleep shortly after.

****Two hours later****

A doctor came in and said to us, "Um, Bob Bryar's party?"

We all stood up casually and relaxed. "How's he doing doc?"

"Um, not well."

We all went wide-eyed. "Wha-wha-What happened!?!?!" blurted out Corey.

"Well, the OR has lost all the blood they can possibly loose, and his heartbeat is getting slower and slower by the minute. You should prepare yourselves."