It Was A Lie When They Smiled And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

Chapter 44: The Past Is Real

Corey walked over to me by the bed. I was completely out of it. I didn't realize it was her, and tried to punch her. I did, and she fell backwards on the floor.
"What the fuck!"
I stood over her with my fist still clenched. My eyes widened. "Oh my God Corey, I'm so sorry! I thought you were my mom!"
"What the fuck! Ow! My eye!"
"Corey I'm SO sorry!"
I bent down next to her to try and help her up.
"Get away from me!"
"Corey…"
"No. I know you didn't mean to, but I don't want you to accidentally hit me again."
"I'm so sorry. I was just thinking."
"Whatever. It's ok."
A nurse got Corey a ice pack. She even asked me to relax, which I couldn't. Then she threatened me that if I don't relax, she's going to get a sedative. I stopped immediately. I hated needles. All my life I have. They freak me out. I screamed at a nurse once for not taking out the needle quickly. I threatened to punch her if she didn't in that half second. I HATE needles.
So I stopped and pretended to relax.
I walked down the hall to Frank's room. There was this nurse in there. She was a little flirty. She was old too. Like a 50 or 60 year old.
I laughed as she pinched Frank's cheeks and said that she thought he was so cute. Frank just sat there and smiled.
I sneaked in. "Hey babe!" he said in extreme excitement….probably just to get the old lady to lay off.
"Hey…"
"What's the matter?"
"I punched Corey on a complete accident. I didn't mean to, I was just thinking about my mom, and was completely out of it. I didn't mean to hit her I swear, but now she might have a black eye, all be cause of me."
"Did you say you didn't mean to?"
"Yea. And she said she forgave me, but I still feel SO bad."
I walked over to his bed and sat down.
"Aw, its ok. She'll be fine."
"Yea I guess."

Frank was right. In about an hour or so, Corey was good as new. Her eye wasn't as black and blue I thought it was going to be.
She didn't act scared (like she was before) around me.
I went home when Lisa came, to go get some things to keep Frank busy. I offered to get some for Bob, but he said that I didn't have to because he was wiped out anyway.
I got him his guitar, and radio with some CDs, some videogames, and some magazines.
I got back to the hospital about an hour later (I was walking).
Bob was sleeping, and Frank and Lisa were talking.
I walked into the room. "Hey I'm back guys."
"Great! Guess What!"
"I don't know what?"
"I'm going to be an Aunt, and Frank's going to have himself a cousin!" said Lisa.
"Really? Oh that's great!"
"Yea. My sister is due in about a month. I didn't want to tell you guys until I had to go, make the surprise bigger, but Frank got it out of me, the little devil."
We all laughed.
For the next hour or so, we laughed, chatted, and just hung out.
Lisa had to leave and I told her I would be staying the night in the room. She offered me a drive home tomorrow, and I said that would be good.

I woke up with my blanket on the floor. I slept in a chair next to Frank's. It was 8:03 AM. Lisa was sitting having a Pop-Tart she bought at the canteen, Frank was having his hospital food breakfast (yuck), and talking with his mom.
They saw I was up and gave me a Pop-Tart. In about a half hour, Lisa drove me home so I could take a shower and change my clothes. She took the day off so she could spend it with us at the hospital.
After an hour at home, we drove back.
When we got back to Frank's hospital room, he told us that a doctor told him he would be getting his staples removed in two days, and then he could just go home.
Then we put Frank in a wheelchair, (he was still too weak to walk, and it was more fun to push him down the hall, as fast as a racecar!)
We went to Bob's room. He was doing better. They had him on morphine. His radiation today was at 2:00. He had to have radiation done for the next 33 days.
After about 5 minutes of being in the room, Lindsey pulled me out into the hall. "What's up?"
"Kristen, I'm sorry I was getting annoying, and I'm sorry I was mad at you. And that I told Kate those lies about you. I'm sorry."
"Um, ok. It's ok."
I gave her a hug, and then we walked back into Bob's room.

THANK GOD THINGS ARE GETTING A LITTLE BETTER!