Status: This is something that just popped into my head, I'm wanting to get back into writing, and this is just the start, I was just wanting some feedback on it.

Piercing Blue

Chapter 1

She glanced up at the ceiling, hearing the buzzing of her alarm. She rolled over and placed her hand on the snooze button. Thinking “Just five more minutes”. She dozily rolled back over and surrounded herself with her covers, returning to her dream.

It was dark and cold, a gentle breeze sweeping across her face. She looked to her right, sensing someone was watching her. She turned her head slowly, cautious of what might be there. She scanned the dark trees, straining to see, her long, auburn hair flicking in the breeze. She notices some glimmering in the trees. She stops, her eyes focused on the spot where she saw the glimmering. She turns her slender body to face the same way as her head. She froze as she saw another glimmer. A shiver spiked down her spine and all throughout her body.

She rubbed her arms, trying to warm herself. Her foot hesitantly rose, and then came down again, crunching on the gravel. She started walking towards the trees, in hope of finding out what the glimmer was. She felt her pace quicken, trying to get to the trees, which seemed to never be getting closer. She starts to run, determined to get to the trees, not knowing why, just knowing she has to. She stopped suddenly, turning her gaze behind her. It was then; she saw the bright blue eyes, piercing into her soul.


Anna woke suddenly, flinging her body upwards as she opens her eyes. Her body dripping with sweat, breathless, as though she had been running a marathon. She looks at her clock, the bright red numbers flashing 8:23am. She scrambles out of bed, rushing to her closet. She grabs the closest pair of jeans and pulls them over her legs, followed by a white shirt, pulled over her torso. She quickly runs to her mirror, and brushes her long, wavy, auburn hair, tying it up in a tight bun, not having any time to do anything extravagant to it. She grabs her backpack, still loaded with her textbooks and runs downstairs.

“Anna, you’re finally up,” her mom says. Anna looks at her mom, dressed in a pantsuit, ready to go to work. Her shoulder length, blond hair tied neatly in a ponytail. Her eyes were kind and firm all at the same time. Anna could tell she was upset at how late she had slept. “I’ve made some breakfast for you,” she motioned towards a plate that had bacon, eggs, toast, and grilled tomatoes on it. “Although, it seems you’re out of time to eat it,” she said glancing at the clock on the microwave, which now said 8:30am. Her mom looked at her un-approvingly. “What’s gotten into you?” she asked. Anna shrugged. She had no idea why she was always running late at the moment. But she did know that it had something to do with her dreams. Anna placed her breakfast in the refrigerator, gave her mother a kiss and ran out the door.

Anna flung herself into her car, a 2005, red Toyota corolla, throwing her backpack onto the passenger seat. She jumped when she saw those piercing blue eyes staring at her in the rearview mirror. She looked in the back seat, but there was no one there. “Calm down, Anna. It was only a dream.” She told herself as she turned back to the front and put the car in reverse. She backed out of her driveway and then headed down her street towards town.

Anna, her mom, and her dad lived in a small country town, with about 2,500 people, meaning that almost everyone knew everyone, somehow. Anna sped along the main road, hoping that no police catch her, making her even later than she already was. She reached her high school’s driveway and parked in the student car park, flung her backpack on her shoulder and ran towards the main office. As she walked through the doors of the office the office lady, Hannah, greeted her. Hannah had small, dark eyes, behind big square glasses, making them bulge, looking unordinary. Her thin mouth was always in a tight frown, deepening her wrinkles. Her grey, or as she liked to say, “salt and pepper” colored hair was always tied up high in a tight bun, no loose ends. She glanced up from her computer and beckoned Anna over.

Anna walked over to the desk that Hannah was behind. She waited as Hannah finished tapping at her keyboard. Hannah looked up at Anna. “This is the third time this week that you’re late, Anna.” She said in an old, disgruntled voice. Anna just nodded, knowing that she was in big trouble. “I know,” she said “I missed my alarm, again.” Hannah just sighed, signed a tardy slip, and also a detention slip. “You will be back after school for a detention.” She said firmly before handing her the tardy slip. Anna nodded and headed towards her class.

Anna opened the door to her History class, handed the slip to her teacher, and then headed for her seat, stopping when she noticed someone was in it. She looked the stranger up and down, stopping on his eyes. The very same eyes she had seen in her dream, and then again in her car. She froze, unable to look away as his eyes, once again, pierced straight through her.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's probably not very good. I haven't written anything in years. I was just inspired by all the reading that I have been doing lately, that some ideas have just popped into my head. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.