‹ Prequel: The New World
Sequel: The New World 3
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 2

Ch.10

A few days had passed and Randell finally became conscious. Rick and Shane decided to hog tie him, put him into the Kia and drove off. Sabrina was in the kitchen with Lori and Maggie making lunch.

"Rick say anything to you about Glenn when they got back from town?"

"Just said that it had gotten pretty bad."

"He's not the same. Says he froze. Blames me. Says I got inside his head."

"He came back, that's what matters Maggie." Sabrina said eating a slice of zucchini.

"Men have to do certain things-you know that-and they're either gonna blame the little woman or as the reason they do 'em or the reason they don't. I'll tell you something, what happens out there what happens out there. And we-we're just trying to keep it together till they get back." Lori ranted.

Easy Lori.

"Things were good. Maybe I--"

"Glenn's a big boy. He makes his own choices. I mean, do you-do you have anything to apologize for?"

Maggie shook her head at Lori.

"Tell him to man up and pull himself together. Just don't say 'Man up'. It never goes well." Lori said laughing a little.

"Let me just give this to Beth." Maggie said.

"You go on. I got it."

"Good luck." Sabrina said grabbing Ana's tray with a smile towards Maggie then left the house. She went to the tent and set it down on their makeshift table.

"Here you go baby."

"Thanks mom." She said and started eating.

"You're welcome."

"I think Daryl went out hunting." Ana said out of the blue.

"Ok? And you're telling me this because?" Sabrina laughed out.

"Bec--"

"Andrea? Sabrina?"

"Yeah?" She said poking her head out of the tent.

"Have you two seen Maggie or Hershel?"

"I haven't seen them."

"I haven't seen Hershel, but I saw Maggie and Glenn walk by maybe twenty minutes ago.

"Could you find her for me? I gotta get back to the house."

"Of course."

Lori took off back to the house quickly. "Baby, when you're finished you can go play a game with Carl ok? I'll be right back."

"Ok."

Sabrina took off after Lori. Once she caught up to her she asked, "What's going on?"

"Beth's trying to kill herself."

Sabrina stopped dead in her tracks. Why would Beth want to do that? She started thinking quickly.

If I wanted some privacy with someone, where would I go? I'd go to the woods but those two wouldn't go that far. They could be in the barn, nobody wants to go that way yet.

Sabrina ran to the barn as fast as she could. When she got there she saw the barn doors were closed.

By the looks of the dirt-

She jumped when she felt a hand fall on her shoulder. "If I was a walker, you'd be eatin' alive by now."

"You need to quit sneaking up on me like that Daryl." She said looking at him and seeing him smirk. "I'm kinda busy right now."

"Whatcha lookin' for?"

"Maggie and Glenn."

"And ya were checkin' 'ere?"

"If you wanted some privacy with someone, wouldn't you go to the place that people are still scared of going to?"

"Good point. But the doors haven't been opened since we--"

"I know. I checked the ground."

"Seems like ya could go huntin' with me?"

"No. I'll leave that job for you. I can't stand watching people kill animals, even if it's to feed people. When I eat meat, I'd like to think they died of natural causes."

Daryl snorted and crossed his arms. "Ya goin' in?"

"You can take down here, I'll take the loft."

Sabrina went to the ladder and started climbing. When she reached the top she saw that Glenn was about to kiss Maggie but Maggie stopped him when she saw Sabrina.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt you two but it's Beth."

Maggie went straight to the ladder and climbed down.

"You're very clever Glenn." Sabrina said giving him a knowing smile then descended down the ladder too.

She ran to the house too. When she got inside Andrea and Lori were in the kitchen.

"Where'd you find them?" Lori asked.

"They were in the barn."

"How'd you know they were in the barn?" Andrea asked.

"Think about it for a second. No one has gone there since...you know, so it was obvious."

Before anyone could say anything the sibling verbal fight started. They stood there silent for a few moments before Andrea spoke up. "Where's Hershel?"

"Maggie doesn't want him to find out yet." Lori answered. "It's a family affair. We'll let them work it out."

"That's working it out?"

"When Beth stops fighting, that's when it's the time to worry." Lori said.

"Um, I'm going to go and check on the kids."

"Alright."

Sabrina left the house quickly. She couldn't be in the house any longer because of the fighting. Every time a fight started in her home between her parents she would run and hide in her closet behind her stuffed animals.

"You ok mom?"

"I'm fine baby. Why are you asking?" She asked smiling at her daughter.

"Because you've got tears running down your face. What happened?"

Sabrina didn't even realize that she was crying, she quickly wiped them away. "You don't need to worry about anything. Ok?"

"Ok. Guess what?"

"What?"

"I finally beat Carl at war."

"You're getting better each time." She said putting a hand on Ana's head.

She looked over and saw Daryl leaning against a tree making more bows watching. She had a feeling he heard Ana and was going to bring it up later.

"I'm going to go look at the horses."

"Alright. Just be careful Ana."

Sabrina heard the screen door to the house slam violently and Lori came to the camp looking pissed.

"Where's Andrea?"

"Her normal spot."

Lori marched to the RV and yelled up at Andrea and then left to go back to the house. Andrea was getting off the RV quickly then running to the house. Sabrina took off too to see what happened. The two of them reached the porch step to find Maggie and Lori coming out.

"What happened?" She asked the three girls.

Maggie ignored her and looked straight at Andrea. "Where you were?"

"Is she alright?"

"She would be if you had stayed with her. Where were you?" She asked again more sternly.

"How bad is she?" Andrea asked avoiding the question again.

"It wasn't deep." Lori said.

Beth was going to go through with it?!

"She wants to live. She made her decision."

"She tried to kill herself."

"No she didn't."

"My father's stitching her wrist right now."

"She'll live." Was all Andrea.

"Stay away from her. From both of us. Don't you dare step foot inside this house again." Maggie warned.

Andrea heeded that warning and walked off.

"I'm not going to say she was right, but Beth has made her choice. She wants to live and now she knows it. And sometimes you have to cross the line." Lori said partially defending Andrea.

Maggie went back inside the house to check on Beth and Lori followed. Sabrina just shook her head and went back to her tent.

"Ya ok shorty?" Daryl called from the tree he was leaning against.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Ya seemed outta it a few minutes ago."

"Let's just say people arguing makes me remember things that I don't want to remember." She stated.

"Momma! Look what I found." Ana said coming up to her mother.

"What? What did you find?" Asked a little worried.

She opened up her hand to show her mom. "Oh, it's a caterpillar. It looks like it's going to be a Monarch." Sabrina smiled.

"A Monarch?"

"The orange butterflies with black lines on its wings and white dots outlining the wings."

"Oh."

"Why don't you go put it somewhere so it doesn't get hurt." She suggested.

"Like where?"

"The tree."

Ana went to the tree to put the caterpillar on it. She extended her index finger and it crawled up her finger and onto the bark of the tree.

"Now it has plenty to eat and a place to wrap itself up so it can change into a butterfly."

"That's so cool."

Sabrina and Daryl's attention were taken away from Ana when they heard a car coming up the gravel road.

"'Bout time they're back." Daryl mumbled.

Rick stopped the car and Sabrina groaned. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Did they really bring that punk ass kid back?" Daryl questioned with annoyance.

"It looks that way." She sighed

Why the hell didn't they stick to the plan?
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope your guys are enjoying the story. I recently read a Walking Dead story on here and it's good. So I hope you also check that story out by crimsonchin