‹ Prequel: The New World
Sequel: The New World 3
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 2

Ch.8

Daryl helped Carol off the ground and she broke out of his grasp roughly then ran back to the camp sobbing.

Carol. Sabrina thought sympathetically.

"Ana baby, it's over now."

Everyone heard Beth scream and went to save her from a walker that wasn't dead yet. Rick Shane and Maggie got her away from it while Glenn and T-Dog tried to kill it. Andrea went to get a something sharp and killed it while Hershel checked Beth over.

"C'mon ya need ta get back ta camp." Daryl said coming up to Sabrina and Ana.

Sabrina picked Ana up and they walked to the campsite in silence. When they got there Ana fell asleep in her arms. "I'm going to lay her down. I'll be back." She said quietly.

Sabrina layed her down and opened the tent window flaps to let some air circulate. She left and went to Daryl's tent and walked in to see him laying on his cot. He was on his back with his arms behind his is and looking at the tent ceiling.

"All this time she was in tha' damn barn."

"Daryl please don't beat yourself up-"

"But I tol' her I'd find that liddle girl." He snapped.

Sabrina winced a little at his tone. "Sorry shorty. C'mere."

"Maybe I should go. You're pissed."

"If ya don't come 'ere I'll be more pissed."

She slowly went to him and when she was in arms reach he pulled her down on the cot with him. "Daryl?" She asked slightly frightened.

"Jus' shud up an' enjoy the moment."

Sabrina sighed and closed her eyes. Before anyone of them knew it they were out like a light. A couple of hours later she woke up to find herself alone. She got up to check on Ana only to find her sitting on the swing.

"Hey baby. Did you have a nice nap?"

"Yeah." She sighed sadly. "They're getting ready to bury them."

"You want to go so you can say goodbye to Sophia?" She asked softly.

Ana nodded Sabrina saw Lori come out of the RV sadly and Daryl came out pissed.

"Carol's not going is she?" She said walking with Lori while Ana was behind her.

"She says that wasn't Sophia." Lori mumbled.

"You can't be serious."

"Unfortunately I am."

They walked the rest of the way in silence. When they got there the Greene family were standing together and Rick and the group were standing next to each other. Daryl was a little ways from the group standing by himself. Once the moment of silence was over, Shane was the first one to leave. Ana had her head buried in her mother's stomach sobbing and Sabrina was rubbing her back soothingly. The rest left and Daryl went in a totally different direction than the others. Sabrina took Ana back to the campsite and into the tent. A few seconds later Glenn came out of the house yelling. Sabrina and Lori came out of their tents to find out what was wrong.

"What's wrong Glenn?" Sabrina asked.

"Maggie's sister Beth. She just fell." He said catching his breath.

"Lori can you stay with Ana please?"

"Sure."

Sabrina ran to the house with Glenn close behind. She made it into the house and went to the bedroom that Glenn told her that Beth was in.

"What's wrong with her?" Maggie asked.

"She might be in shock. Where's Hershel?"

"We can't find him anywhere." Glenn said to Sabrina.

"I'll be right back." She said taking off to fetch some help.

"Rick? Shane?"

"What's wrong Rina-Sabrina?" Shane asked corrected himself.

"Hershel's missing and Beth is in shock."

"Let's go search the house." Rick said going to the house with Shane behind him.

"You can go help Lori. I need to be with Ana right now."

"Alright." She said leaving.

"You want to play a game or something?"

"I guess. Can we play war?"

"Sure."

Sabrina picked up and deck of cards and shuffled then dealt all the cards. While they were playing Rick came out of the house and went to the truck. "Find anything?" She asked.

"We think Hershel went to the local bar so me and Glenn are going out to find him."

"I win." Ana said happily.

Sabrina looked and saw that Ana did finally win. "You did." She said smiling at Ana then looked back to Rick. "I hope you two find him, Beth needs him right now."

Glenn walked down the porch stairs and got in the truck. "Come back safely."

"Don't worry, we will." Rick said starting the truck then took off.

"What else do you want to do?"

"Can you push me on the swing?"

"Sure."

They went to the swing and Sabrina started pushing. While pushing she saw Carol sitting down with Shane while he cleaned her up.

That's the Shane I remember, helping someone and not being an ass.

"Sabrina can Ana come play a board game with me in the RV?"

"If she wants to Carl." She said smiling.

Ana got off the swing and walked with Carl. "And you two need to behave." She called out.

Sabrina went back to the house to see if anything's changed with Beth and Lori followed.

"How is she?" She asked when she reached the bedroom.

"Her heart's racing and she's burning up. We need Hershel. He'll know what to do." Andrea said.

"Would you and Sabrina look in on Carl for me?"

"Of course."

"Sure. Where are you going Lori?"

"I'm going to ask Daryl for help."

"Lori I don't--" But she was already out of the house. "Think that's a good idea." Sabrina finished mumbling.

"What's going on between you and Daryl?" Andrea asked smirking.

Sabrina didn't know if him and her were officially together or if he was just saying things. And if they were together would he want the whole camp to know?

"Nothing's going on, why?"

"You two seem smitten with each other."

"We just understand each other. That's all Andrea."

"If you say so."

Sabrina rolled her eyes and checked on Beth. "Maybe if we put a cold rag on her forehead her temperature might go down."

Maggie looked at her weird. "What? I was a nurse intern at the local hospital where I lived."

Maggie got off the bed and got a cold washcloth and put it on Beth's head.

"Now what?"

"That's all we can do for now until Rick and Glenn bring Hershel back." She sighed.

"Do you think they'll actually bring him back?" Patricia asked.

"I believe in Rick and Glenn. They'll bring him back, I promise." She said then left the house to check on the kids.

Sabrina went into the RV to see what Ana and Carl were doing. "How are you kids doing?"

"Fine."

"Alright. I'll come check on you two later."

A couple of hours later the sun started setting. Sabrina was taking down the dry clothes and folding them when Maggie came to her. "Sabrina?"

"Yeah, what's up Maggie?"

"Me, Patricia and Jimmy made dinner and we would like it if you guys came to join us."

"Sure. Just let me finish this up and I'll get the group around."

"Alright." She said and walked away.

"Maggie?"

Maggie stopped and looked at her. "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for what Shane done."

"It's alright. It was going to happen sooner or later."

"And thank you for taking care of us."

"You're welcome." She said smiling and walked away.

Sabrina finished folding everyone's clothes and went to get the kids. "Hey you two head on to the house. We're having dinner with them again."

Carl and Ana smiled then left the RV. Sabrina put Dale's clothes in his room then went to fetch the others. Once she found the others and told them they happily followed her. Once they were inside something finally hit her.

Where'd Lori go? I haven't seen her for hours.