Status: Loading.....

If Only I Knew Then

We're Going Down, Down in an Early Round

I honestly have the best boyfriend. He made this beautiful date and topped it off with a promise ring. I couldn't dream of anything better.

We fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms. I woke up before Alex and just watched him sleep. He was so peaceful. I looked at our surroundings and saw as beautiful tree with many strong branches. I really wanted to climb it but it would be no fun without my boyfriend so I did what I do best.

"Aaalllleeeexxxx! Wake uuuup! You're adorable when you sleep but wake up." I used my best whine that I knew he couldn't resist.
"Mmm, what is it?" His tired voice was one of my favorite sounds.
"The sun is going down and I kind of want to climb a tree and watch the sunset." I pleaded.
"Ok sure but be careful and don't climb to high." I frowned at his response.
"Come with me?" I pulled out all the stops with my pouty voice and puppy eyes.
"Sure, but are you going to get off me so I can go." I smiled down at him
"Ok." I made sure to push down extra hard, putting more of my weight on him in all the right places.
"Dammit Jack. For a skinny guy like you, you know how to crush a guy." I rolled my eyes at his comment.
"Whatever. Let's goo!" I shouted as I jumped up from our spot.

I went first, climbing half way up the tree before finding a sturdy branch that could hold both our weight. Alex got up behind me and leaned against the trunk, spreading his legs to let me lay against him. I settled between his legs as he wrapped his arms around my waist, peppering the back of my neck with kisses. I smiled and moved my head back to catch his lips with mine.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until I pulled away to catch my breath. I looked out at the sky and lost my breath all over again. The sky was a beautiful mix of purple orange and red hues.

"Alex isn't it amazing?" I asked without even looking back, transfixed on the view in front of me.

"It's nothing compared to you." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"You are one smooth talker Mr. Gaskarth." I giggled and nudged his chest.

Alex buried his head in my neck, "Only with you Babe."

I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder. The sun was sinking lower in the horizon. Before too long it got kind of dark.

"Hey Lex?" I whispered because I wasn't sure if he was still awake.

"Hmmm?" He hummed in response as he rubbed his cold nose against my skin.

"Maybe we should get down now?" he shifted behind me.

"Yeah maybe. I cant feel my ass anymore." I laughed and leaned forward.

I watched as he swung one leg over and slid down to the next branch. When he landed he looked back up at me.

"Follow my lead okay? Don't need you falling down." He joked.

I shook my head and copied his actions. I was kind of like a cat. I could climb anything, go as high as humanly possible but it was getting down that I had issues with. When I was 10 I fell from my tree house on my way down.

Then there was that time when I was 12 and fell off my roof, luckily it was a one story house at the time and I only got a sprained ankle.

I watched Alex and tried to do everything he did. He was going slow because he knew I wasn't the most graceful person. I put my foot in the same place he did but somehow lost my footing. For a split second my heart stopped but then there was Alex, supporting me and keeping my from my fall.

We both let out shaky laughter. We both still in a fit of giggles when I slipped again and this time Alex wasn't fast enough. My body was suspended in air, falling, falling, falling. The last thing I heard was my boyfriend's heart-wrenching scream of my name. Then it was all black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry >.<