Status: On-going <3

I'm Siriusly in Love?

Chapter Ten

The next morning I woke up before anyone else. I grabbed a quick shower and pulled on some jeans and my AC/DC shirt. I brushed my hair out and used my wand to quickly dry it. Before heading down to the Great Hall for breakfast, I put my socks and black converse on.

“OI! Onyx! Wait up!” I heard someone call from behind me. I turned around just as Sirius caught up to me, panting.

“Someone needs to exercise before Quidditch trials, eh, Sirius?” I smiled.

“Oh shove off, Onyx. Not everyone can keep up with you.”

I smirked, “Of course not, Sirius. I am quite fit.”

“Oh, yes you are.” Another voice joined into the conversation. I jumped and looked up to see Regulus Arturo Black. Sirius practically growled at the younger Black.

“What are you doing here, Regulus?” Sirius spat.

Regulus smirked up at his older brother, “Maybe I wanted to come say hi to my big brother. Even if he is a filthy blood-traitor.”

“Oi, watch your mouth, Regulus. I’m not afraid to mess up that pretty face of yours.” I sneered at the Slytherin. I’d been called a blood-traitor for as long as I could remember and I was okay with being called that, but you did not mess with anyone I cared about. Ever.

He smirked, “Aww, you think I’m pretty?”

I smirked right back at the Slytherin, “Oh quite. You’re very pretty, like a girl. With those dainty features of yours. No wonder they call you the Slytherin Princess.”

Regulus’s eyes darkened as they filled with hate and rage. I swore for a second he was about to slap me, or maybe even curse me when he huffed off and turned to go the opposite way.

“Merlin, I hate him.” Sirius mumbled.

“Don’t we all?” I sighed, “Let’s go get breakfast.”

Sirius nodded and the two of us continued on our way to the Great Hall. Only a few students had risen this early, so it was pretty desolate. We sat down next to each other in the middle of the Gryffindor table and began to eat. I pulled some bacon and eggs onto my plate, drenching them in syrup.

Sirius wrinkled his nose at this action. “That’s gross.”

“It’s delicious as hell!”I defended, shoving a forkful into my mouth. Sirius looked at me quizzically, as if judging my tastes for a minute. I quickly swallowed the food, “Have you even tried it?”

“No, it seems...superbly gross.”

“Try it.” At his declination of my proposal, I tried my puppy dog face and jutted my bottom lip out as my eyes widened. “Pwetty pwease?”

“Fine. Just-just stop doing that face!” He reached over and skewered a piece of my egg/bacon/syrup meal and slowly brought it to his lips. Oh, his full, luscious, pink lips. I mentally sighed. Athena! Stop it! My conscious told me. I was not supposed to be looking at Sirius in this way. He was my best friend, and nothing more!I was brought out of my mental war when he let out a light moan.

“Always knew you could get him to moan, Athena.” James smirked as he sat down across from us. I lightly blushed. Merlin, I should be used to this! I’d practically lived with these guys for five years already!

“Shut up, Prongs, you’re just jealous that you can’t have me anymore.” Sirius grinned, continuing the joke from last night.

“That’s alright. I’ve got my Lily-Pad!” James grinned in that lovestruck way that we had so often seen him wearing when talking about, being near, or being reminded of Lily.

“So, I take it the little romantic dinner went well, James?” I questioned, eating a bite of my food.

“Merlin, it was fantastic! Thank you so much for that, Athena. Lily did agree to go out with me, and not just to the Ball!”

“That was the point, James. But I’m glad it worked, now you’ll both stop bothering me about the other person.”

James blushed lightly in embarrassment and scratched the back of his neck, “Yeah, er, sorry about that.”

“It’s alright, James. Where’s everyone else?”

“I dunno.” He replied before stuffing his mouth full of a pastry. I rolled my eyes at his manners. Well, I guess I wasn’t that much better, was I?

“When’re Quidditch trials again?” Sirius asked as he gulped down some orange juice.

“They’re Wednesday, mate. Did you forget already?” James laughed lightly.

“Nah, just making sure.”

Just then, the girls all walked in together. Lily sat down next to James (across from me), Alice sat down next to Lily, and Molly sat down next to me.

“Why were you up so early, Athena?” Molly questioned, concern in her voice. Molly was always the motherly one. She was always sweet and caring and compassionate. She was going to make a great mother and wife, hopefully to her boyfriend Arthur Weasley. He, too, was a nice fellow. He was very interested in Muggles, even though he was a pureblood. Those two were a great couple, I had to say.

“I dunno.” I shrugged my shoulders, “So, have any of you got any plans today?”

“Arthur and I are having a study date before lunch.” Molly replied as she gingerly placed her food onto her plate.

“So are Frank and I. He needs help with DADA.” Alice added on, eating her food.

I turned to Lily, “What about you?”

Lily opened her mouth to speak, but James cut her off. “Lily-Pad and I are hanging out today.”

Lily nodded in agreement with his statement. I sighed dramatically and cupped my face with my hands. “Why does everyone but me have to have a boyfriend?!”

“Sorry, dearie, but you’ll find someone soon! And then you can ditch us for him!” Alice giggled.

I laughed lightly, “Well, Sirius, let’s go find Peter and Remus. We’ve got the rest of the day to find something fun to do!”

"Aww, I'm not enough fun for you, Onyx?" He pouted.

I shook my head, "Nope, ya see, you're pretty boring, actually. That's why James found another."

Sirius gasped in mock shock, "Is that true, James?!"

James grinned, "Why yes, yes it is."

Sirius fake cried as he helped me from my seat so we could go find Remus and Peter.