Status: On-going <3

I'm Siriusly in Love?

Chapter Four

“Look at them! They’re so cute together!” A voice (I recognized it as Lily) giggled. I would've woken up, but I wanted to hear what they had to say. Also, Sirius’s arm was wrapped around me in a way that I couldn't get out of.

“When’s he gonna ask her out? It’s so obvious he likes her.” Alice butted in.

“I know right? He probably just doesn't have the guts to.” Molly cut in.

“Should I wake them up? Or should we let them sleep?” Lily was talking again.

“Wake them up, Lils. I’m sure they don’t want the rest of the school knowing they’re, well, ya’ know.” Molly spoke again.

“Athena! Wake up!” James yelled in my ear. When the hell did he get down here?

“Shut the fuck up, James.” I growled. I was seriously tired, and most people should know not to wake me when I’m asleep. I was a complete bitch.

“Wow, bitchy, much, eh?” James laughed. Sirius moaned from beside me and wrapped his arms even tighter around me. I blushed lightly. I struggled to get out of his grasp.

“Sirius, wakey-wakey.” I called out, hoping he would let go. He stirred, but didn't move. He was a heavy sleeper. So, I decided to do something totally stupid. I began to tickle him. I knew he was really ticklish and hated to be tickled.

“Argh, Onyx. What the hell?” He jerked up, giggling.

“You wouldn't let go of me. I've got to go get ready.” I got up and walked past James, Lily, Molly, and Alice and walked over to the steps to my dormitory. I quickly showered and got dressed in my uniform. I grabbed my wand off of my trunk and walked out of the dorm. Sirius came down his dormitory steps at the same time as I. The others had left the common room and were probably in the Great Hall.

“Care to join me on the journey to the Great Hall, Pads?”

“It would be my pleasure, Onyx.” He chuckled and we walked down to the Great Hall together. We avoided the conversation of last night as much as we could. Instead, we talked about Quidditch. Sirius was a Beater, James was a Chaser and I, of course, was the Seeker. James was captain of the Quidditch team, if I hadn't already mentioned it. Tryouts were next week and we were supposed to have a lot of people try out.

“Athena! I've got your timetable for you!” Lily called as Sirius and I entered the Great Hall. I sat down next to her and Sirius sat down next to me, across from James. She handed it to me, “We have the same classes, Athena! Isn't that great?”

“It’s wonderful, Lils.”

“You know what else would be wonderful, Lils?” James cut into our conversation. I mentally face-palmed for him. He really was obsessed with her.

“What, Potter?” She gritted her teeth.

“Going with me to the Halloween Ball! I mean, it’s our first year being able to go, and-“ He began to ramble on. The Halloween Ball was only open to those in fifth year or above. Weird, I know, but that was the way Hogwarts was doing it nowadays.

“How about no, Potter! Now, leave me alone!” Lily huffed and stormed out of the Great Hall. I was about to follow her, but I saw Molly and Alice going to comfort her and I thought I needed to talk to James.

“I think she’s cracking, mate.” Sirius tried to cheer up his friend.

“No, she’s not. She never will.” James’s head fell to the table with a loud bang.

“Prongs, maybe you should ask her in a different way: a more romantic way.” I suggested as I ate some toast.

“And how should I do that?”

“Do it the muggle way. She’d love that.”

“What’s the muggle way?”

“How about I help you with it on Friday? She’ll definitely say yes. In the meantime, how about not acting like a crazy lovesick fool around her, OK? She definitely doesn't want that. And don’t, don’t bully anyone. She really hates that.”

“Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I love you! You are the best!” He hugged me from across the table.

“I know, Prongs. Now, whaddya say we get to class? I seriously cannot be late for Transfigurations.” James, Sirius, Remus, Peter and I got up and walked out of the Great Hall and towards the Transfiguration classroom. We stood in queue and talked about the upcoming year. Lily was ahead of us talking to Molly and Alice. McGonagall came a few minutes later and allowed us to enter the room.

“Now, we will be having assigned seats this year. So, please listen for your name to be called and then you will be told where to sit.” She began to read off a long list of names. Lily sat by James (much to her distaste), Alice sat next to Frank, Molly sat next to Arthur, Remus sat next to Peter, and of course, Sirius and I sat next to each other. McGonagall went right into lessons. I copied down notes diligently. I had to get perfect O.W.L.S this year. Last year, I got an E for Exceeds Expectations in Potions! Only an E! Now that I think about it, they were pretty good, but I needed perfection if I was going to be an auror.

The rest of the day was filled with getting assigned seats, taking notes, and praying for class to end. I forgot to ask Sirius last night about the funeral. Now, I’d have to ask him before dinner. Or after.

“Sirius! Can I talk to you for a minute?” I called out as he was walking across the common room.

“Yeah, of course.” He turned around and followed me outside of the portrait hole. “What’d you need to talk about, love?”

“Would you come with me to my sister’s funeral on Saturday?” I asked quickly.

“Of course, I will. Now, let’s go get dinner, eh? I don’t think we should sneak out for a second night in a row, now should we?” He smirked. God, that was a beautiful smirk. Shut the hell up, Athena, I thought. Merlin, I was going bonkers, wasn't I?