‹ Prequel: Getting Back Up
Status: Being delayed...having a hard time accepting Scott's trade to CBJ. :-(

Standing Tall

Day One

Scott and Rebecca made their way back to their bedroom, holding hands and kissing along the way. As they walked down the hallway, Rebecca found herself looking into Tyler's and Gia's rooms half expecting to find them there.

Scott noticed the change in her demeanor and pulled her to his side and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "They'll be home tomorrow babe," he said as he kissed the top of her head.

"I know, I just miss them. This is the first time we've been away from Gia. I hope my mom is alright," Rebecca said as she squeezed Scott's waist.

"I'm sure they're fine. If there was a problem she'd call. Or Tyler definitely would," Scott said as they entered their room and crossed to the bed. Scott pulled the covers down, allowing Rebecca to climb in first.

He followed and laid down on his back, putting one arm underneath Rebecca and pulling her into his side. She rested her head on his chest, draped her leg across his thighs and ran her hand along his defined abs.

A year and a half of sleeping together, admiring his body, and Rebecca was still amazed at how perfect he was. Scott had muscles in places that she never knew existed. His arms were her favorite group of muscles, always comforting her and making her feel safe whenever she needed it.

This was no exception. Scott lifted her hand from his stomach, intertwined their fingers and pulled them up to his chest. Rebecca shifted her head so that she could look at Scott. He brought his head down so that they're faces were just inches apart.

"We'll call them first thing in the morning, okay?" Scott said with a whisper. "And if you want, we'll have Jean bring them home early."

"As much as I miss them, I want to keep this time for us to be alone. We'll never get this back...we're not even taking a honeymoon by ourselves," she smiled.

"That was your idea," he reminded her. "Not that it matters. Spending two days without them is torture...I couldn't imagine ten days."

"Exactly. But at least our parents will be there to occupy Gia for a few hours each day so we can get time to ourselves," Rebecca softly kissed Scott.

For their honeymoon, Scott and Rebecca planned a trip to Spring Creek Ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming for the family after Tyler is finished school at the end of June. Ten full days of horseback riding, fishing, hiking, rafting, and even some golf for Scott and his dad.

They had secured one of their most spacious villas, which was smaller than their own house, but not by much. The villa has four bedrooms, which could have posed a problem if not for Jean saying she would be more than happy to share a room with the smallest Hartnell.

"And I plan to take full advantage of those hours," Scott joked as he kissed Rebecca harder. She rubbed her leg against his thighs and moaned as they parted their lips to give their tongues access to the other.

Scott slid his free hand down Rebecca's side and let it rest on her backside. Her skin was silky smooth, with a slight hint of a tan which she had started working on once the weather turned warmer. If keeping his hands on her could pay the bills, he'd most certainly retire from hockey.

Rebecca was not a supermodel by any means, but she was gorgeous in her own right. The soft blonde waves of her hair draped over his arm, her natural C cup breasts pressed against his side, and her toned leg was currently rubbing close enough to his pelvis to make all of his blood rush to it.

They were in almost the same position the night they discussed what to do for their honeymoon. When she started running her hands through his small amount of chest hair that night, a motion that he had learned in their time together meant she was feeling frisky, he agreed to her plan before realizing what it was he was agreeing to.

Ten days with their parents and the kids? It could be worse, they could just forego the honeymoon all together. Scott knew that Rebeca would get her way regardless, so after their lovemaking session that night, he decided to just give her the win.

Now, with her pressed against him like this, he was reminded how she always got her way. As if on cue, she shifted her weight and pulled herself on top of him, never breaking their kiss. Rebecca ran her hand along his jawline and kissed him harder, grinding her hips against him.

Scott moved his hand from her backside to her hips and guided her movements. He now regretted that they had put their underwear back on after their session on the sofa downstairs. He tugged at the hem of the tee-shirt she was wearing and then slipped the tips of his fingers under the rim of her boy shorts.

Rebecca's heart began to pound in her chest, just as it did everytime she felt Scott between her legs. When he started tugging at her shirt and underwear, she lost her breath and pulled her mouth away from his. She leaned back and pulled her shirt over her head and threw it onto the floor.

Scott loved this view of Rebecca. Looking up at her, he ran his hands up her sides and took a breast in each hand. He gently massaged them and rubbed her nipples between thumb and index finger. Rebecca rolled her head back, and then rolled her hips, bringing Scott's growing erection to life even more.

Scott groaned as he watched Rebecca work her body against his. Feeling restrained in his boxer briefs, he rolled Rebecca off of him and onto her back, removing her underwear in one fluid motion as she went. Scott peeled his boxer briefs off and shifted Rebecca into the center of the bed.

He parted her legs with his, leaned down so his hands were on either side of her head, and kissed her as his erection found her wetness. Rebecca adjusted her hips and Scott pushed into her opening. They stared deep into each other's eyes as he pulled and pushed his way deeper into her.

Rebecca climaxed first, digging her nails into the skin on Scott's back, which sent him into his own as her walls closed in on him. He collapsed on top of her, breathing heavy against her neck he muttered, "I can't get enough of you."

"Ditto," she smiled and kissed his cheek.

*****************

With no children to wake them before they were ready, Scott and Rebecca woke up to sun filling the room through the curtains. Rebecca opened one eye to see the time on the clock read ten in the morning. Scott was to her right, looking as peaceful as she's ever seen him.

Feeling her watching him, Scott slowly blinked his eyes open. "Good morning Missus Hartnell," he smiled.

"Mmmm I like the sound of that," Rebecca purred.

"So do I," Scott said as he leaned over and kissed Rebecca along her collarbone.

"Stop right there mister. Don't start something we can't finish. We've got to be at Kimmo's for the barbecue by noon and I want to call the kids before we go."

Scott groaned as she pushed him away from her. "There's plenty of time....I promise, it'll be quick," he tried to suade her.

"It's never been quick," she laughed, "not that I'm complaining of course." She rolled to the end of the bed and swung her feet to the floor. She glanced over her shoulder, long blonde waves cascading down her bare back, ending just above her round ass. "I'll be in the shower," she said with a smirk.

Scott raised an eyebrow as Rebecca stood and strutted into the bathroom. Before she had even turned on the water, he had thrown off the covers, leaped off the bed, and sprinted into the bathroom behind her.

*******************

The newlyweds arrived at the Timonen's house just after noon. Scott would have rather spent the entire day in bed with Rebecca, but he couldn't refuse his friend, especially after being so hospitable for this weekend's festivities.

Johanna and Kimmo offered to have lunch for the bridal party, to recuperate and relax from the wedding. Unfortunately, Rebecca's sisters were not able to accept since they had to return to their respective homes.

Scott and Rebecca held hands as they entered the house, without knocking, as Scott always knew the door was open. As they walked through the foyer, voices could be heard in the kitchen. They rounded the corner and a raucous "Hey!" was shouted by the groomsmen.

Rebecca received enveloping hugs from the boys and Scott got the typical bro-hug, one armmed hug and handshake, from each one.

"We didn't think you'd actually show up. Thought you'd spend all day in bed," Claude joked.

"I blame her," Scott laughed. Rebecca swatted his arm and shook her head.

"Are the girls here?" Rebecca asked as she glanced into the den and dining rooms.

"Yeah, they're here. They're out back with Johanna," Luke motioned to the sliding doors. Rebecca took leave from the testosterone filled kitchen to join her friends on the back deck.

The four women looked as if they were engrossed in conversation as Kimmo flipped burgers and chicken on the grill. "What's up bitches?!" Rebecca shouted to her friends before they noticed her exiting the house.

Squeals erupted as Rebecca’s three closest friends jumped from their chairs and wrapped her in one big hug. Johanna laughed at the sight of the four girls squeezing each other with all their might.

Scott and his teammates arrived on the deck with beers in hand, plus a few for the girls. The food wasn't quite ready yet, so the group took seats around the table. As expected Claude and Erica sat together, as well as Luke and Tiffany. What Rebecca didn't expect was Brayden and Lindsey looking chummy.

Rebecca flashed a look at Scott, who shrugged, and then looked at her best friend who seemed to be avoiding eye contact. Rebecca made a mental note to grill Lindsey about it later.

The afternoon seemed to fly by, everyone enjoying the lazy Sunday with friends and food. This weekend had been the first time that the teammates were all together since before the Flyers were eliminated from the playoffs in the second round a few weeks earlier.

As hard as they tried they couldn't keep the conversation off of the disappointing loss to the Bruins. The teammates wondered what kind of moves were going to be made this off-season, all of them secretly wishing it wouldn't affect their group.

As the sun started to set, the group said they're congratulations to Scott and Rebecca again and one by one left for the night. Claude and Erica were the last to leave, who thanked Kimmo and Johanna for putting up with all of them this weekend.

Johanna insisted Scott and Rebecca stay for dinner as well, but they refused, saying that they had to go see Scott's family before they left to return to Lloydminster. What Johanna and Kimmo didn't know was that his family wasn't leaving until Monday night, but that was a minor detail Scott and Rebecca might have forgotten to mention.

Scott called Jean from the SUV on their way home. After the third ring, Tyler's voice came through the vehicle's speakers thanks to the bluetooth. "Hey Scott, what's up?"

"Nothing much Ty. We just wanted to check in on you. How's everything going?" Scott asked.

"We're good. Mommom's feeding Gia, that's why I answered the phone," Tyler responded.

"What did you guys do today?" Rebecca asked from the passenger seat.

"Let's see...we went into Philly, scored some crack, I got a hooker, and then we came home. She's leaving now," Tyler smirked knowing his mother would be fuming through the phone.

Scott couldn't hold back his laughter. "Don't encourage him!" Rebecca shouted with a laugh and swatted his arm for the second time that day.

"I'm sorry, I just love that kid. He's like I was at that age," Scott said as he rounded a corner.

"Sorry ma, I couldn't help myself. But seriously, we went to the zoo. Gia loved the giraffes and the tigers," Tyler said.

"That's nice honey. I'm glad you guys are having a good time with Mommom. Does she want to talk to us before we go?" Rebecca asked.

They could hear Tyler ask his grandmother if she wanted to talk to his mother, but returned an answer of "No, she says she'll talk to you tomorrow. She's going to give Gia a bath after she's done eating. Hey ma, can I go to Jay's house after school tomorrow?"

"Yeah that's fine. Just remember your project is due on Friday," she responded.

"I know. I'm almost done. It'll be fine. Alright, well, I'm gonna put in a movie and chill for the night. I'll see you guys tomorrow, okay?"

"Sounds good Ty. Be good. See you tomorrow," Scott said. "Love you," Rebecca said before Tyler hung up the phone.

Scott reached for Rebecca's hand, he didn't have to look at her to know that she was hurting. She took his hand, lacing their fingers together, and placed them in her lap.

"I know, they'll be home tomorrow," Rebecca said as she tried to keep her emotions in check. Scott turned to look at her as he rolled to a stop at a red light. He loved everything about her, especially how amazing she was as a mother.

Even before Gia came along, Scott knew Rebecca was a great mom. The way she treated Tyler, the way they interacted, all showed him how they were able to make it through all those years without Brad. A year and a half after their first meeting, Scott still thought Tyler was a great kid. Hopefully, he'll be receptive to what Scott and Rebecca will propose in a few days.

"Yes they will. But until then, you're all mine," Scott said with an arched eyebrow.

Rebecca turned to look at Scott and smiled. "Tonight and forever," she said as she leaned over the consol and kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter took so long. Life got in the way for a few days. Hopefully I'll post another tomorrow.

How about that Team USA win this morning??? Wooo! Totally worth waking up at the crack of dawn to watch. Lol.