‹ Prequel: Getting Back Up
Status: Being delayed...having a hard time accepting Scott's trade to CBJ. :-(

Standing Tall

Day Six

Saturday morning Rebecca woke up to the sound of New York City traffic twenty floors below them. It wasn't an unfamiliar sound, having spent nights at Scott's apartment in Philadelphia when they began dating, but there was something so rushed...like even on a Saturday people were hurried to get to their destinations.

Rebecca slowly turned her head to look behind her to see if Scott was still sleeping, trying not to move too quickly if he was. Scott had his arm draped around her waist, as he had all night to keep her close to him. Rebecca gently lifted his arm to roll away from him without jostling the bed and waking him up.

Once out of the bed, Rebecca walked through their suite to the large bay windows and took in the New York City view. She still could not believe that they were there, that Mr. Snider had given them this time together, and how amazing her life had become.

Not even two years ago she was a single mother, basically a hermit, not even contemplating being in a relationship with anyone. And thanks to Lindsey and the girls dragging her out one night, everything changed. How quickly her demeanor changed when Scott had called her out of the blue a month after they met asking, no begging, for her to go out to dinner with him.

She had thought she didn't need a relationship, she certainly didn't want one, but Scott had managed to chip away at the walls she had put up. Walls that had been there for fifteen years. Walls that until that night at the ballet had seemed impenetrable. One day at a time he made her feel like she was the only thing that mattered.

There was something about him...something that made her want to be with him. Whatever that was made her drop her guard and give herself to him within just a few weeks of their first date. For Rebecca, finding out that she was pregnant was incredible and terrifying at the same time.

She knew that professional athletes were usually guarded and jaded, especially with women that they sleep with. There was always a chance of a woman getting pregnant on purpose to trap a certain player, whether for marriage or a payout. Even though Rebecca wasn't that type of person, she wasn't one hundred percent positive that Scott knew it.

The minute she saw his reaction to the pregnancy test, she knew that thought never entered his mind. He wanted to be with her more than ever, and she felt the same. But it was all almost ruined, because she refused to believe that Brad could hurt her again.

Just as she hung her head at the thought of how she could have lost everything, she felt his arms wrap around her waist and his chin on her shoulder. "Stop thinking," Scott whispered in her ear. Rebecca smiled, he always knew when she was beating herself up about everything that happened with Brad.

"I can't help it," she admitted as she turned her head and he kissed her cheek.

"You did what you thought was right. I don't fault you for that," Scott said, squeezing his arms around her middle.

"You should. I could have ruined everything," Rebecca sighed. Scott turned her around and pressed their bodies together with one hand while brushing her hair back behind her ear with the other.

"I wouldn't have let that happen. I won't let him do anything to hurt you ever again," Scott said.

"I know," Rebecca said with a smirk. Scott looked at her, confused as to what the smirk was for.

"What's that face for?" he asked.

"Nothing..." she said, trying not to smile.

"Yeah okay. I know that smile...that's your 'I know something you don't' smile. Spill it, Caruso."

"You mean Hartnell," she laughed. Scott pursed his lips and squinted his eyes into a glare. "Fine," Rebecca sighed, "I know what you did."

"What are you talking about?" Scott asked.

"Brad...I know what you did," she smiled. Scott looked at her in disbelief.

"How..."

"Tiffany. Luke told her, so of course she told me," she said.

"How long have you known?"

"Just before Gia was born. I'm not sure how long Tiff knew before that," Rebecca admitted.

"I don't believe this. I've been beating myself up all this time about telling you...and you already knew..." Scott sighed as he ran his hands through his hair. Rebecca linked her hands behind his neck and brought his head down so she could look him straight in the eyes.

"I love you for what you did...and the reasons behind it...but you should have told me what you were planning. You're lucky he didn't retaliate. You know he could have," Rebecca said sternly.

Scott hung his head. "I know. But I had to make him see that I wasn't going anywhere. That I would do anything for you...including sacrificing myself, my career, everything... for you."

Rebecca tilted his head up with her finger and pressed her lips to his. She pulled away, looked into his eyes and said, "I love you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can't imagine my life without you or Gia. But promise me you won't do anything that reckless again."

"I promise. Unless he tries something again...then I'll be forced to kill him. That's why we can't get him involved with Ty's name change. You know that will just provoke him," Scott said.

"But we don't have another option. We need his signature."

"Right...we need his signature. We don't really need him..." Scott smirked.

"Oh no...what are you planning?" Rebecca asked, cringing at the thought of what Scott could have up his sleeve.

"G came up with a plan...what if we have someone pretend to be Brad and sign the papers?" Scott responded.

"What? Are you kidding? Please tell me you're not serious," Rebecca asked.

"I am serious. Didn't you say that onky one parent needs to show ID? Well, that would be you. Then we can have someone pretend to be Brad. I think it's pretty genius," Scott smiled.

"I don't know..." Rebecca felt uneasy about forging Brad's signature, even with everything he had done.

"Just think about it. We don't have to do anything right away...it's just an idea," Scott said, kissing her forehead.

"I'll think about it."

**************

After their conversation, Rebecca and Scott ordered room service and ate breakfast in bed before calling Jean to check in on Tyler and Gia. Jean informed them that Johanna had called the night before and said that they would all be going to Clementon Park and Splash World, a combination theme and water park just over the bridge in New Jersey.

Johanna had taken her family there once when they were hosting a fundraiser event for the Flyers Wives Charities. She had told Jean that it was a smaller park, but had enough to keep the small kids occupied, as well as Tyler. She had suggested that Tyler bring a friend, so that he doesn't feel like he needed to stay with the small children all day.

When Rebecca had talked to Tyler, she reminded him to be on his best behavior and to keep an eye on Gia and Jean when he could. Rebecca admitted she was nervous, theme parks are big and crowded, and she didn't want anything to happen while she wasn't there.

Tyler tried to comfort his mother, he told her he looked it up online and it didn't seem like it was as big as Dorney Park or Great Adventure, but he did tell her he'd be careful and he'd take care of his sister.

As always, Rebecca ended the call with Tyler by telling him she loved him and to call if he needed anything. After she hung up the phone, she looked at Scott with a tear in her eye. "Babe, what's the matter?" he asked.

"I miss them," Rebecca responded.

"I do too, but we'll see them tomorrow. They'll be fine. Kimmo and Jo will make sure they're safe and having fun," he smiled and rubbed his hand along her thigh. "But we're supposed to be having fun this weekend...so what do you want to do today before the show?"

"I don't know...what do you want to do?"

Scott smirked and bounced his eyebrow up and down. "I'd be happy to spend all day in bed with you."

"I know you would...but the next time I see Mr. Snider I'd like to be able to talk about more than just how awesome the bed was," Rebecca laughed.

Scott chuckled, "Fair point. How about we just wander around Times Square? We could pop into the NHL Store and I could sign some jerseys and hats for people."

"You assume that there would be anyone there that would want your autograph," Rebecca squealed as Scott immediately threw himself overtop of her, tickling and pinching her.

"You're not very nice. I'm going to have to punish you for a comment like that," Scott said as Rebecca squirmed underneath him, laughing at how easily she could push his buttons.

Out of breath from fighting him, Rebecca finally gave up. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I give up!"

"Say it..." Scott demanded, pinning Rebecca's hands above her head.

Rebecca pouted, "You're a superstar." A small smile formed as she shifted her legs so that they were on either side of Scott.

"That's better," he said before kissing her neck, pulling one of his hands down and placing it on her hip. He ran his fingers under the hem of her panties, and gently tugged at them.

"Scott..." Rebecca panted as she tried to free her hands from his grip. When that didn't work, she rocked her hips, feeling Scott getting harder with each motion. "I need my hands..."

Scott released her hands and used his to remove his boxers, followed by her panties, and then he pulled her legs up and around his waist. Rebecca ran her hands down his chest, over every muscle, before sliding them down and around to grab his ass.

Scott continued to kiss her neck, occasionally cupping her breasts and sucking on her nipples, flicking his tongue against the hard nubs. Rebecca continued to roll her hips until Scott couldn't handle feeling her wetness against his hard cock. He held himself in his hand, swiping the head through her juices, and then pushed himself into her slit.

Scott pressed his lips to Rebecca's as he pushed deeper inside her with every thrust. They took their time making love, savoring the moment, feeling every inch of each other's body. Rebecca's eyes fluttered as she felt herself getting closer to her finish. "I love you," she breathed as Scott sucked on her neck.

"I love you too," he said, staring into her eyes, quickening the speed that he pushed into her. They continued staring into each other's eyes as they climaxed, riding the waves shuddering through their bodies. Scott remained inside Rebecca, not wanting to break their bond just yet and covered her neck in kisses. "Can we please do that all day?" he asked.

Rebecca chuckled, "Tomorrow. Let's get out today, go to the show tonight, and then tomorrow we can stay in bed until we have to leave."

Scott groaned before fake sighing, "Fine."

"I know, I'm such a bitch," Rebecca laughed.

"No, you're just too sexy and entoxicating. I can't get enough of you," Scott smiled as he went back to kissing her neck and groping her breasts.

Rebecca placed her hand over Scott's that was fondling her left breast. "Babe, we need to get dressed. I promise, tomorrow we can be like this for as long as you want."

"I still think Mr. Snider would want us to do this," Scott smirked.

"Highly unlikely Hartnell," Rebecca smiled as she pushed Scott off of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still filler, but I couldn't help writing a scene just of them. I love them together.