‹ Prequel: Getting Back Up
Status: Being delayed...having a hard time accepting Scott's trade to CBJ. :-(

Standing Tall

Three

Rebecca and Scott made their way down the aisle, followed by Lindsey and Claude, Renee and Brayden, Rachel and Wayne, Erica and Jakub, Tiffany and Luke, and Johanna and Kimmo. They all made their way back to the clubhouse and once Scott’s parents and Rebecca’s mother joined them, they formed the receiving line.

All of the guests filed by, offering kisses, hugs and hand shakes to the couple, expressing how beautiful the ceremony was. When there were breaks in the line of people, Scott and Rebecca would sneak kisses and exchange an 'I love you'. Once all of the guests had gone by, Erin ushered the bridesmaids and groomsmen outside to wait for the happy couple to come out.

Just as Erin was about to reopen the doors, Scott told her to wait. He turned to Rebecca and said, "I just wanted to say that you have made me the happiest man on the planet today. You look absolutely gorgeous." He kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear, "I cannot wait until we're alone tonight."

Rebecca smiled at him as he pulled away and said, "Me either. I love you Mister Hartnell."

"I love you, Missus Hartnell," he said enthusiastically. He nodded to Erin and she flung the doors open, displaying the couple to their guests. Once again, cheers erupted as they exited the clubhouse. The six groomsmen lined either side of the walkway, holding their hockey sticks in the air in an arch over the couple.

Scott and Rebecca made their way towards one of the waiting stretch Navigators, stopping to kiss before getting into the vehicle. As the limo pulled away, Scott popped the cork on the champagne bottle that had been chilling in an ice bucket. He filled their glasses and said, "To us." Rebecca clinked her glass against his and said, "Today and forever."

Back at the country club Erin instructed the guests that drinks and appetizers were being served in the club bar. She informed them that the bridal party would be back shortly, that they were just going to take some photgraphs. The rest of the bridal party made their way into the other stretch Navigator, to be brought to the location where Scott and Rebecca wanted their pictures taken.

Both limousines arrived at the Wells Fargo Center, where the fourteen members of the bridal party entered through the employee entrance. They made their way to the rink, followed by the photographer and his staff. Three months earlier Scott had made arrangements with the arena Operations Manager to keep the ice in tact for this occassion in the event that the Flyers didn't go deep into the playoffs.

In addition to keeping the rink available, the OM was asked to coordinate with Derek Settlemyre, the Flyers Equipment Manager, to have sticks, gloves and pucks ready for the pictures. As they arrived at the rink, the carpets had also been run out towards the Flyers goal, along the boards in front of the bench and towards center ice.

To start, the photographer lined them up in the Flyers bench, Scott and Rebecca in the middle with the girls next to Rebecca and the guys next to Scott. He also took pictures of them in a line of couples. Two versions of each picture were taken, a formal picture and a not-so-formal picture. The next set of pictures were done at the goal, with just Rebecca, Scott and the groomsmen. The men grabbed their gloves and sticks and made their way to the goal with Rebecca.

Scott lifted her up so she could sit on top of the net, making sure to be gentle with the dress as instructed by Lindsey and the other girls. When she was situated, Scott leaned in and kissed her. Luckily the photographer was ready and was able to capture the spontaneous moment.

Various pictures were taken of Rebecca and her Flyers, and then Scott and the bridesmaids. For the final set of pictures, Scott and Rebecca stood center ice, with a single spotlight shining down on them. There was a picture of them just looking at each other, a picture of them kissing, and a picture of Rebecca resting her head on Scott's shoulder and his arms around her waist.

Once the photographer was satisfied with the look of the pictures, he announced that they were finished here and could return to the country club. As they exited the building, Rebecca asked if they could take a few more pictures...at the place it all started. They walked over to Xfinity Live, and although the venue was semi-crowded Scott convinced the security staff to assist in shifting people around so that they could get the pictures they wanted.

Rebecca, Lindsey, Erica and Tiffany took the seats at the bar as they had that night while Scott and Luke stood opposite them on the other side of the bar and Brayden and Claude sat in a booth behind their teammates. After the picture was taken, Luke and Scott shifted to stand with the girls for the next picture in the set. Finally, the last picture was of all four guys standing with the girls, each one with the same counterpart as that night. Scott with Rebecca, Claude with Erica, Luke with Tiffany, and Brayden with Lindsey.

When they finished, Scott thanked the staff and had the bartenders give everyone in the bar a round on him. They made their way back to the limousines, Scott and Rebecca in one and the rest in the other. As they made their way back to the country club, Scott couldn't help himself and began to kiss Rebecca’s neck. She let out an almost inaudible moan, but it was enough to let Scott know not to stop.

He placed his hand at the nape of her neck and pulled her mouth to his. She wrapped her arms around his neck and shoulders and returned his kiss. Rebecca moved her hands down along Scott's chest and around to his back underneath his tuxedo jacket. This time, Scott was the one that moaned.

Rebecca pulled back and smiled, "Mister Hartnell...I don't believe we have enough time to take this any further."

Scott groaned and said, "I know. Can we just skip the party and go home?"

Rebecca laughed, "No we cannot. That would be rude. And we'll have plenty of time afterwards." She kissed his neck. "We'll have the house to ourselves for two days because mom isn't bringing the kids back until Monday night."

"I say we just go in, cut the cake and leave," he chuckled.

"No," she responded with a smirk.

A few minutes later they arrived back at the ciuntry club. Erin met them at the entrance and informed them that the guests have been moved from the bar to the banquet room and they were ready for the bridal party to make their entrance. They made their way down the hallway and when they arrived at the doors to the room, Erin organized the couples into the line as they would be announced.

Through the doors they could hear the announcements of their parents names, then each of the couples as each one walked into the room. Finally it was their turn. The music was turned up and the guests started to clap in time with the music.

"Introducing....Scott and Rebecca Hartnell!"

Rebecca and Scott burst through the doors as "Beautiful Day" by U2 blared through the room. Scott slowed his pace and then in one motion lifted Rebecca into his arms and carried her the rest of the way to the dance floor. Their bridal party surrounded them until the song finished, and then the DJ announced that it was time for their first dance.

Scott took Rebecca in his arms as the music started and the others exited the dance floor. He held her close as "When I Said I Do" by Clint Black and Lisa Hartman played, both of them staring into the other's eyes, letting the room fade away. When the song ended Scott leaned down and kissed her, just as he had so many times before, but this time was the most passionate.

They were lost in the moment, their lips and tongues merging together, until the music started up again this time a fast dance song. Erin walked to the couple and motioned for them to sit at their table so that the servers could bring out their dinners. After Scott and Rebecca finished eating, they were back up, visiting each table full of guests. Occassionally Scott would drag Rebecca out onto the dance floor, but she kept escaping his grasp and returning to their guests. Scott knew there was one person that would never refuse him...Gia.

Scott held Gia as he twirled around the dance floor with her, receiving a chorus of awws from the female guests. Gia, significantly tired from the long day, rested her head against her father's shoulder and played with the flower in his boutenir. He kissed her forehead and stroked her hair as they swayed to the music. Rebecca couldn't control the tear that formed in the corner of her eye, before she knew it it was falling down her cheek.

The party and dancing continued until an announcement was made to cut the cake. Everyone crowded around the five-tiered cake, decorated in white fondant with dark navy ribbons at the base of each tier and pale orange carnations that mirrored those in the bouquets. Rebecca had warned Scott earlier in the week that if he smashed cake into her face or got any on her dress then he would have to sleep on the couch on their wedding night. Scott assured her that he would do no such thing. She stared at him as they sliced through the cake, each one getting their own slice. They took a forkful of cake from their respective plates, and while they paused with forks in the air, Scott kept his word and simply put his fork to Rebecca’s mouth so she could take the cake from it.

All other aspects of the evening were flawleess, as Rebecca continually told Erin throughout the night. At first Rebecca wanted to plan the wedding herself, but after just a few days of online research she knew it was more than she could handle. Erin was worth every penny she and Scott were paying her.

A little before the party was to end, the DJ announced that it was time for the bouquet toss. Rebecca stood at one end of the dance floor as all of the single women in attendance rushed to the opposite end. Once they were all in place, Rebecca turned her back to them and tossed her bouquet high in the air over her shoulder. The women clamored for it, each one trying to reach above the others. When Rebecca turned around to see who had won the battle, it was Lindsey, standing there with the bouquet stretched high above her head in her hand.

The crowd disapated and were replaced by the single men. Erin brought a chair out to the middle of the dance floor for Rebecca to sit in. Scott walked the front of the crowd before making his way to his bride. Once there, he knelt down in front of Rebecca and slipped his hands underneath her dress. He took his time finding the garter, enjoying the feel of her soft legs. His hands slid up her inner thigh, over the garter, not stopping until Rebecca shook her head at him. Scott pouted and slid his hands back down to the garter and removed it in a fluid motion down her leg and over her shoe.

The men all hooted and hollered as Scott displayed an orange and black garter to the crowd. He turned his back, and just as Rebecca had done before him, tossed the garter high in the air over his shoulder. The men also fought for leverage to be the one that caught it, but it would be Brayden that would be victorious.

"Well shit," Lindsey muttered under her breath. Rebecca turned to her friend and gave her a wink, as if she and Scott had planned for it to happen that way. Scott congratulated Brayden, and brought him to the chair Rebecca had vacated. Rebecca took Lindsey by the hand and told her to sit in the chair. Brayden and Lindsey exchanged a subtle shrug. Brayden knelt down in front of Lindsey, just as Scott had with Rebecca, and slid the garter onto her leg. He looked up at Lindsey as he pushed the garter over her knee and up under her dress. Lindsey smiled as his hands caressed her thigh. Again, there were hoots and whistles coming from the crowd.

After he let his hands linger a bit longer than they should have, Brayden stood up and offered Lindsey his hand. She took it, allowing him to pull her up into a hug. Brayden put his mouth to her ear and whispered, "I've missed you."

Lindsey sighed and responded, "I've missed you too." Just then Rebecca and Scott bombarded them and embraced them in a bear hug. The music was cranked back up and the rest of the guests either went back to their tables or joined the two couples on the dance floor. The other members of the bridal party formed a circle around them as all four began to dance with each other.

Before too long guests began to say their goodbyes and congratulations to Scott and Rebecca as the party started to wind down. It didn't take long for everyone to leave, with the exception of the bridal party, Scott’s parents, Rebecca’s mother, Tyler and Gia. Jean held Gia, who was asleep in her grandmother's arms, and told Rebecca that the kids would be fine with her and that she'd bring them home in two days. Rebecca hugged and kissed her mom and Tyler, making sure to remind him to behave and help with his sister if Jean needed it.

Scott's parents said their goodbyes, and the bridal party piled into one of the limousines to go back to Kimmo and Johanna's house for nightcaps. Once back at his house, Kimmo offered to drive the girls back to Rebecca and Scott's house to pick up their cars. Only Rachel and Renee accepted his offer, the other girls opting to stay at the Timonen's house.

Scott and Rebecca had arrived at their house ten minutes before Kimmo dropped her sisters off, and after Scott carried Rebecca over the threshold to their house, waited impatiently as Rachel and Renee drove off before making their way to their room.

Rebecca and Scott stood in the center of their bedroom, staring ateach other, soaking in the first real moment alone as husband and wife. A tear rolled down Rebecca's face and Scott wiped it away and kissed her cheek. "I've been waiting for this moment for a year," Scott whispered to her.

"So have I. I love you...completely...Mister Hartnell," Rebecca responded.

"I love you...forever...Missus Hartnell," he smiled, wrapped his arms around her, kissed her, and slowly began to unzip her dress.
♠ ♠ ♠
I usually write during games, but since I'm going to be at the game tonight, I didn't want to make you wait for the next chapter.

I'm considering doing a spinoff story of the couples from the night Scott and Rebecca met...hence the moment with Brayden and Lindsey.

Thanks to all the readers and subscribers. Hope you're enjoying the story as much as I am. :-)

GO FLYERS!!!