‹ Prequel: I'll Come Back to You
Sequel: Not Going Anywhere
Status: A mix of fluff and sadness

So We Cry

Weakness

The palace was buzzing with the news of Thor's coronation, he was to be king within forty-eight hours and everyone was doing something to get the palace ready. Everyone of importance was invited to the coronation and some were even invited to stay the week at the palace, mostly the single princesses and Lady's of land. Thor was excited and he would not admit it, but it was clear to Cora that he was nervous about his coronation. To be King was what Thor dreamed of as a young child and now it was coming true.

While Thor paraded around the palace with his group of friends, Cora spent her time with Loki who was down about not being King. He understood that Thor was the eldest son, but he didn't think it mattered. To Loki, Thor was a childish giant that would run Asgard into the ground. Sure Thor could fight and charm the ladies, but he knew nothing of being a leader, at least that is how Loki thought. Thor may be having the time of his life, but Loki wasn't going to waste any time. He was still keeping up with his studies and practicing his magic. From his seat at his desk, Loki glances up from his writing and watches Cora. Her nose is buried in one of his many books, her hair has fallen over her shoulders, covering the sides of her face and the smooth skin of her legs are peaking out of the white dress she is wearing from sitting Indian style on Loki's bed.

Deciding it is time for a break, Loki gets up from the desk and walks over to his bed. “What are you reading now?” Loki asks crawling onto his bed.

“A silly story that little girls foolishly believe,” Cora replies not once looking up at Loki.

“Not anymore,” Loki states in a board tone and with a flick of his wrist, the book in Cora's hands vanishes.

“Loki!” Cora wines and picks her head up, she jumps at the closeness of him. Having been so lost in the book she didn't realize that Loki got onto the bed, yet alone sat down in front of her.

Staring at Cora with innocent eyes Loki shrugs his shoulders, “I didn't do anything,” he lies and Cora scarfs pushing Loki away from her. “Hey!” Loki shouts in protest as he falls backwards and Cora sticks her tongue out at him. Loki pulls himself up so that he's sitting up right and he narrows his eyes at Cora. “Did you just push me?”

“Me? Maybe,” Cora giggles with an innocent smile and Loki smirks. He lunges for Cora, but she saw it coming, rolling over to the edge of the bed before she jumped off. Laughing, Cora dodges Loki as he leaps off the bed and she runs across the room, placing the desk between herself and Loki.

“Oh darling,” Loki makes a tisking sound as he wags his finger back and forth. “I thought you were smarter than that,” Loki taunts and Cora frowns, but is quick to jump over the desk as Loki runs at her. Loki chases after Cora around his room and Cora snickers when Loki trips over a chair she knocked over. Cora turns to run out into the sitting room and she screams when she crashes right into Loki, his arms wrapping around her waist and hosting her up over his shoulder. “You really feel for that trick?” Loki laughs and carries Cora over to his bed. Cora giggles when Loki throws her down onto the bed and she rolls over onto her stomach to crawl away from him, but Loki grabs hold of her ankle stopping her.

“Loki! I'm in a dress!” Cora warns seeing the mischievous glint in Loki's eyes.

“I know,” Loki growls and Cora's heart nearly stops beating when Loki flips her around onto her back and crawls onto the bed, straddling her right leg.

“W-what are you doing?” Cora asks, her voice shaking as she stares up into Loki's face.

“I like you in white,” Loki states, ignoring Cora's question and Cora opens her mouth to speak, but she decides not to say anything...what can she say to that? Loki stares down at Cora and takes her all in, her hair has fanned out around her, her face is flush, her eyes are bright with laughter and her neck is, “Where is my gift?” Loki questions as he runs his fingertips over the thick golden necklace around Cora's throat.

Cora lifts her right hand, showing off the ring that Loki gave her years ago. “Why do you wear it on your hand? Am I no longer important to your heart?” Loki asks, his lips turning into a frown.

“No. No that's not it at all,” Cora quickly answers hearing the pain in Loki's voice. “I went riding and the chain broke. I thought I lost the ring...I sat in the fields crying unable to find it. One of the maids found it when she came to look for me. I don't ever want to lose this ring, Loki. It means so much to me, like you. You will always be important to my heart, my Prince. You're my weakness, I can never say no to you,” Cora admits with a shy smile as her face heats up and Loki raises an eyebrow smirking.

“You can not say no to me?” Loki repeats and Cora bites her lip shaking her head. Tapping his finger on his chin, Loki thinks Cora's confession over in his head. “Will you accompany me to Thor's coronation? I do not wish for woman to throw themselves at me,” Loki asks and Cora rolls her eyes.

“I thought a prince like you would love that.”

“I enjoy it very much,” Ouch, that one cut Cora deep, “But I need a breather from time to time,” Loki continues and Cora bites her lip.

“Are you going to get off?” Loki smirks and Cora stares at him confused. “What?”

“Is that what you would like me to do, darling? Get off?” Loki teases and Cora is still confused. Chuckling, Loki leans down and runs the tip of his nose along Cora's jaw. Cora tenses and the air in her lungs get caught in her throat. Loki trails his nose down the side of Cora's neck and he inhales deeply before he nuzzles his face in the crook of her neck. Cora giggles and tries to push Loki's face away, but Loki grabs hold of her hands and slams them above her heard, locking them in place. Pulling his face away from Cora's neck, Loki stares into Cora's wide eyes and licks his lips. “Have I said how much I like you in white?” Loki questions and Cora says nothing, her mind is somewhere else.

'What is he doing? What the hell is Loki doing? He needs to stop...this isn't right. He shouldn't be-' Cora's thoughts are turned to mush when she feels Loki's hand on her left knee slowly sliding up her leg. “L-Loki,” Cora whispers and Loki shushes her, his hand stopping on Cora's inner thigh. Loki rubs small circles with his thumb on Cora's skin and goosebumps come to life all over her body. Loki notices the change and smirks.

“Have you never been touched by a man, Cora?” Loki whispers already knowing the answer.

“N-no,” Cora stutters.

“Never been kissed?”

'Oh for the love of Odin...please don't get my hopes up.' “N...no,” Cora answers and Loki smiles looking down at Cora fondly. Taking a short breath, Loki starts to close the distance between his lips and Cora's. Cora's eyes slip shut and Loki smirks watching her every move. Just as their lips are about to touch, Loki's bedroom door swings open and Loki is quick to teleport himself over to his desk.

“Act like you're sleeping,” Loki hisses quietly to Cora and she quickly scrambles up towards the pillows, laying her head down and closing her eyes as she rolls over on to her stomach.

“Brother!” Loki jumps up from his desk and storms over to the threshold of his room.

“Shut up you over sized jackass!” Loki hisses and the smile on Thor's face fades when he hears Loki's insult.

“Brother what have I don-”

“Will you stop shouting! I am right here,” Loki snaps and Thor frowns, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Movement behind Loki catches Thor's attention and he quickly pushes Loki out of his way. Thor's eyes widen when he sees Cora sound 'asleep' on Loki's bed, her dress has ridden up a good amount, giving Thor a nice view of her- “Stop gawking!” Loki growls and with a flick of his wrist a blanket covers Cora's body. Thor turns his back to Cora and looks at Loki with a large smile on his face.

“Forgive me Brother. I did not know you were busy,” Thor says and Loki rolls his eyes.

“She is sleeping Thor, I am not some kind of monster,” Loki sighs, clearly offended and Thor pats Loki on his shoulder harshly with a loud laugh making Loki glare at him.

“I will leave you Brother. Enjoy your time with Lady Cora, I will call upon you another time.” With that Thor leaves Loki's room, slamming the door shut behind him.

“Blockhead jackass,” Loki grumbles under his breath and he turns around to face the bed. Cora is sitting up, her face red and her eyes downcast. Loki clears his throat and sits at his desk, “I let you get back to your reading,” Loki states and the book that Cora was reading before appears on the bed beside her. Loki goes back to his studying and he glances up to watch Cora. She has her nose buried in the book, but it's clear to Loki that she is not reading the words in front of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this idea came to me and I just ran with it. This is now going to be 4 chapters and not 3. It could change, I'm not really sure. Right now it's looking like 4 chapters. Might be more!

Image
Tom is pleased by this news

Image
And Loki too!

Cora's outfit

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.