‹ Prequel: I'll Come Back to You
Sequel: Not Going Anywhere
Status: A mix of fluff and sadness

So We Cry

Drowning In Our Own Debris

“It will be a splendid day, don't you agree Cora?”

“Yes, my Queen. Today will be a day remembered by all,” Cora tells Queen Frigga as she sits in front of the mirror while the Queen finishes up doing her hair.

“There, all done!” Frigga places her hands on Cora's shoulders and leans down so that her face is right next to Cora's. “You look stunning my dear,” Frigga whispers and Cora smiles, her eyes meeting Frigga's in the mirror.

“You are a true treasure of Asgard, my Queen,” Cora complements and Frigga blushes pulling away from Cora.

“You falter me, my child. I am no treasure, but you...you are seeked out by many men.” Frigga stares at Cora with wise eyes and Cora looks down at her hands in her lap. “Have any captured your heart?” Frigga asks and Cora bites her lip, she wishes to tell the Queen her true feelings, but that would be unwise.

“No,” Cora says softly shaking her head.

Frigga pats Cora on her shoulder and smiles at her, “Come. Our escorts await,” Frigga says and Cora stands up. Together, the women leave the Queen's sleeping chamber and walk into the sitting area. There they wait, talking about the coronation and what will happen. A knock on the door sounds throughout the room and Frigga calls out for whoever to, “Enter.” The large doors are pushed open and Cora's eyes meet Loki's right away. Loki walks into the room and Frigga hugs me tightly, “Such a handsome young man,” she coos and Cora bites her tongue to hold back her laughter.

“Thank you Mother, you look gorgeous,” Loki beams down at Frigga and she smiles leaving Loki and Cora on their own as she walks to the door, seeing Odin standing out in the hall way. Loki turns his attention to Cora and he smiles holding out his arm. “Simply beautiful, my darling,” Loki breaths and Cora blushes as she loops her arm through Loki's. Walking side by side, Loki leads Cora out of Frigga's chambers and into the hall. Staying a few steps behind the King and Queen, Loki takes the time to enjoy the alone time with Cora. “You wore white,” Loki smirks, his tone light and teasing.

“I was wary to wear green, my Prince. I did not want to start any rumors of us that were untrue,” Cora explains and Loki nods his head understanding her decision. The Asgardian people loved to whisper and gossip about everything going on behind the palace walls.

“I would like to see you in my colors some day. I think green would be very becoming on you,” Loki states and Cora nods her head.

“As you wish, my Prince,” Cora mummers softly and Loki leans down, pecking her temple quickly. Cora blushes and Loki smirks knowing that the guards behind him saw his act of affection. Soon, Loki and Cora walk up to the threshold of the throne room where Thor's coronation will be held. Cora gives Loki's arm a light squeeze knowing that he's not overly found of the idea of Thor being King. Loki gives Cora a thankful smile and together they walk into the throne room behind Odin and Frigga. Loki and Cora stand off to the side while the King and Queen takes their seats in their thrones. People start to pour into the room, the air starting to buzz with all the voices talking excitedly about the soon to be King and the party that will be held later on in the night.

Loki spots the Warriors Three across the room near the food and he looks down at Cora, “Would you like a drink?”

“Yes, thank you,” Cora says softly and Loki nods his head before he leaves Cora's side. Standing alone, Cora lets her eyes roam the room, seeing who she knows and who she doesn't. She spots a group of women around her age all laughing and sipping their drinks.

“Such a radiant flower, should never be alone.” The voice hits Cora's ears and she groans inwardly.

Taking a deep breath, Cora slaps a smile on her face and turns around, “Thomas,” Cora greets kindly and Thomas grins.

“Good day, milady,” Thomas grabs hold of Cora's hand and kisses the back of it.

Cora gives Thomas a tight smile and pulls her hand out of his hold, “Did you need something of me?”

“I went by your home and you were not there...I missed seeing you,” Thomas admits and Cora keeps her face void of any negative emotion.

“Father was away on business and I did not wish to be home alone-”

“I would have kept you company,” Thomas says with what he thinks is a seductive voice.

“Thomas that is-”

“Will you accept my hand in-”

“Cora?” Cora lets out a light sigh of relief when she hears Loki's voice. Loki steps over to Cora and places his free hand on her lower back. “Here is your drink, darling,” Loki speaks the term of endearment heavily and Cora takes the glass from his hand.

“Thank you, my Prince.” Cora smiles at Loki and he turns his attention to the tall man, built like Thor but with much less bulk. Loki takes in the man's clothing, he comes from nobility and the way he is standing suggests that he feels threatened.

“Did I interrupt something?” Loki questions and Cora bites her lip, swallowing her laughter.

“No.”

“Yes.” Cora and Thomas spoke at the same time and Loki raises his eyebrow.

“Forgive me, where are my manners?” Cora laughs lightly. “Loki this is Thomas Sin'Clar. Thomas...you know the Prince?”

Thomas nods his head and bows slightly, “Prince Loki,” Thomas mutters and Loki narrows his eyes at the man. So this is Thomas, this is the man who is trying to take Cora away from him.

“Darling, why don't you go say hello to our friends. They were asking about you earlier,” Loki suggests and Cora nods her head, not questioning Loki's motive.

“It was nice speaking with you Thomas,” Cora says sweetly and turns her attention to Loki. “Do not be long, my Prince.” Cora strokes Loki's face fondly, letting her fingertips linger near his lips and Loki kisses them lightly. Cora smiles and walks off, feeling the eyes on her backside as she goes.

Loki turns his head away from Cora and he glares when he sees that Thomas is staring at Cora's backside. Loki clears his throat and Thomas snaps out of his daze. Thomas looks at Loki and Loki drops his glare, “It would behoove you to stay away from Lady Cora,” Loki states, his voice light, but his tone deadly.

Thomas narrows his eyes at the Prince, “Are you threatening me?” Thomas asks and Loki smirks, his eyes darkening from the mere thought of killing Thomas with his bare hands.

“Enjoy the coronation...Thomas,” Loki sneers and walks off leaving Thomas staring after him with eyes filled with hate.

Image

“Thor Odinson, my heir, my first born. So long entrusted with the mighty hammer, Mjöllnir, forged in the heart of a dying star. It's power has no equal! It's a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build. It is a fit companion for a king. I have defended Asgard, and the lives of the innocent across my realms in the time of the great beginning.” Standing up in front of Thor, Odin speaks loud and clear for everyone in the hall to hear.

Off to the side, Loki stands with a light frown on his face at Odin's words. Cora grabs hold of Loki's hand and laces their fingers together and rests her head on his arm. Loki looks down at Cora and his lips turn up into a smile.

“Do you swear to guard the nine realms?” Odin's voice brings Loki's attention back to the scene in front of him and he tightens his hold on Cora's hand.

“I swear,” Thor's voice rings out loud and proud as he kneels in front of his father.

“And do you swear to preserve the peace?”

“I swear.” Odin goes on asking Thor questions and Cora can feel Loki silently shaking in anger.

“On this day, I Odin, All-Father, will proclaim you-” A loud crash fills the air and soon after screams start to echo around the room. “What is the meaning of this?!” Odin shouts in rage as he spots the cause for the interruption. “Frost Giants,” Odin hisses and everything goes down hill from there. Guards jump into action along with the Warriors Three, Lady Sif and Thor. “Loki!” Odin shouts. “Get your mother out of here!” Odin orders and Loki nods his head. He tightens his hold on Cora's hand and she clings to his arm afraid to let go. Loki looks for Frigga and she is being lead away by two guard making a clean get away.

“You need to hide,” Loki shouts over all the screaming and Cora's eyes widen in fear, she doesn't want Loki to leave her on her own. Rushing forward, Loki pulls Cora along behind him and he's stopped when Thomas jumps in front of him with a sward in his hands.

“Surrender her to me and I'll let you live!” Thomas warns and Loki glares at him.

“Thomas are you mad?!” Cora shouts. “This is not the time for-” Cora screams when Thomas is impaled by an ice spear and Loki is quick to pick Cora up and run with her in his arms. Loki dodges attacks and he curses when two Frost Giants spot him. They easily kill whoever gets in their way as they head right for Loki.

Loki sets Cora down on her feet and he grabs hold of her shoulder, “There is a hidden door behind the curtain on the far left wall. It leads out to the garden, go there and wait for me,” Loki orders, his voice rushed. Cora's eyes are blurred with tears, but she nods her head and Loki lets her go, pushing her towards the hidden door.

“Don't let them touch you!” Volstagg shouts out in pain and Loki hears his advice too late. From the side a Frost Giant grabs hold of Loki and he tenses up waiting for the pain, but nothing happens. Looking down at his arm, his eyes widen in shock seeing his skin turn blue, the same blue of the Frost Giant touching him. His eyes slowly look up and they meet the suspicious red eyes of the Frost Giant.

“Loki!” Lord Kellin shouts seeing that the young prince is in trouble. Kellin rushes to Loki's aid, but the Frost Giant is quickly to throw Loki away from him, sending Loki crashing into one of the pillars before he turns his attention onto Kellin. Catching the man in mid air with an ice spear through his chest.

“No!” Loki shouts, his eyes wide and filled with tears as he watches the light leave Lord Kellin's eyes. Feeling a rage like never before, Loki picks himself up off the ground and he starts his assault on the Frost Giants nearest him. Seeing that there is no winning, the Frost Giants run and disappear into the air leaving everyone looking around on edge. Breathing heavily, Loki rushes over to Lord Kellin's body, “No. No, no! This wasn't suppose to happen! You old fool, why did you...why?!” Loki screams at the dead body, spittle flying from his lips as tears well up in his eyes.

“Loki...” Odin's voice is heavy with grief as he watches his son pain over the lost of one of his best advisers. Odin places a hand on Loki's shoulder, but Loki flinches away from Odin's touch and stands up on shaky legs.

“S-she will never forgive me...” Loki's voice trembles and he stares at Odin a single tear falling from his eyes before he glares at the older man. Without a word, Loki turns on his heel and takes off running out of the throne room. He moves through the destruction and avoids everyone who calls his name. Loki has one destination in mind and no one is going to stop him from reaching it.

Image

“Laufey's son?”

“Yes.”

Loki narrowed his eyes at Odin, “Why? You were knee deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?”

“You were an innocent child.”
“No! You took me for a purpose. What was it?” Loki watches Odin's every move and Odin just stares at Loki. “Tell me?!” Loki shouts, tears in his eyes, unable to handle the silence.

Odin's eye dims in sadness and he sighs, “I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day. Bring about an alliance. Bring about permanent peace, through you.”

“What?” Loki asks, confusion and betrayal deep in his voice. “So, I'm no more than another stolen relic? Locking up, here, until you night have use of me!”

Odin shakes his head not believing the words coming from Loki, “Why do you twist my words?”

Loki stars at Odin like he lost his mind, “You could have told me what I was, from the beginning! Why didn't you?” Loki demands.

“You're my son. I wanted only to protect you from the truth...”

Tear burn Loki's eyes, but they don't fall as he looks down trying to comprehend everything Odin has told him. “What? Because I...I...I...I'm the monster that parents tell their children about at night?” Loki asks, he looks at Odin the tears so close to spilling over. Loki stalks over to Odin and Odin backs up, feeling himself becoming light headed. He opens his mouth to speak, but no words come out. Odin reaches out for Loki, but Loki yanks his arm away from Odin, like his touch repulsed him. “It all makes sense now. Why you favored Thor, all these years! Because no matter how much you claim to love me, you could never have a Frost Giant sitting on your throne of Asgard!” Loki yells in Odin's face and his anger quickly turns to panic as Odin falls back to the steps. Loki falls with him and Odin garbs hold of Loki's hand. “Guards!” Loki's voice cracks from the fear. “Guards, please help!” Loki's voice sounds like a child as he watches the guards come and take Odin away.

With fear, anger and hurt deep in his bones, Loki stands up. He wipes at his eyes, forcing his tears away and he leaves the weapons vault. His head is spinning with so many questions and no answers; Loki no longer knows who he is, his whole life was a lie...a well thought out lie that he was so foolish to believe. He saw the signs in front of him all along, but he refused to acknowledge them; why else would Odin pick Thor over Loki as King? “Loki!” The voice pulls Loki from this endless thoughts, the sudden weight pressed against his body and the tight hold around his waist makes him break. Like a dam, the tears fall from Loki's eyes and he wrapped his arms around Cora, burying his face in her hair as he sobs.

Shocked by the sudden display of emotion, Cora's mind starts to think of the worst and she tightens her hold on Loki, pushing her fears to the back of her mind. She wants to be the strong one like Loki has been for her so many times, now she can repay that favor. Cora says nothing as she stands there in the middle of the garden holding a weeping Loki. His tears bite Cora's skin each time a new one falls, but she holds her tongue, she can take on Loki's emotional pain as well as her own, she has to. Cora doesn't know how long she stood there holding Loki, but when he let her go, he said nothing. “Come on,” Cora whispers and grabs hold of Loki's hand like he did to her so many times as a young child.

Cora leads Loki to one of the many trees in the garden and pulls him down so that he is beside her. Loki lays down and rest his head in her lap, wrapping her arms tightly around her waist. Cora whispers soothing words, running her hand through Loki's messy hair, caressing the bits of his face that are not cut up. Loki's blood turns the white fabric of Cora's dress red in some spots and she doesn't care, she just wants Loki's pain to stop. “It...it was all a lie,” Loki finally speaks up, his voice scratchy and raw from crying so hard. “I have no family...they are all dead.” Cora's eyes widen at the news, the royal family was killed!

“Oh Loki-”

“Not the scum of Asgard,” Loki hisses and Cora grows confused. “I am not Asgardian.”

“Of course you are, what do y-”

“No!” Loki shouts and picks his head up, not sitting up right beside Cora. “They lied! They all lied to me!” Loki fists his hair in his hands and Cora stares at him at a loss for words, not use to such erratic behavior. “I-I was not born on Asgard. I was born on a land that few ever speak of, a land where nightmare are born,” Loki whispers as he lets his hair go, running his hands down his face. Not looking at Cora, Loki tells her everything that Odin told him. “I'm a monster,” Loki mummers, ashamed to say it any louder then a whisper.

“Loki...” Cora reaches over to grab hold of Loki's hand, but he rips it away from her. Lifting his head up, Loki looks at Cora, his blue eyes red and puffy from his tears. “You are still the same person, Jotun blood or not. It doesn't matter to me, none of it matters.” Cora scoots closer to Loki and she cups his face with her hands. Staring into his eyes, Cora runs her thumbs over the apples of his cheeks, “You're still Loki,” Cora smiles and presses her lips to Loki's forehead, “My Loki,” she whispers and Loki wraps his arms around Cora's waist, pulling her into his lap. Loki nuzzle his face in the crook of her neck and more tears flow. Cora shushes Loki and smooths down his wild hair, pressing her lips to top of his head, not carrying about anything, but Loki at the moment. “Everything will work out, my Prince...give it time. I promise you I will be by your side for it all,” Cora vows quietly and Loki's holds her tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
"S-she will never forgive me..."

Cora's outfit

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend!