Take It Out on Me.

part four.

The next morning Jack went to the rink. Giving space between Bella and him.

Bella knew she had to choose soon, she loved Jack but she had fun with Sidney.
What would happen if Jack ever found out? She knew he would be hurt, she didn’t want to hurt him, but that was going to happen. What would happen if she left Jack and was miserable with Sidney?

Jack’s birthday was coming up, she had to finished getting his “surprise party” together. The team already knew about it, so she had to finish it or they would know something was going on and she didn’t need them in their business.

A little while later, Jack returned home. Bella was in the office working on the banner. She still hid it from Jack, she wanted somethings to be a surprise.

“Hi.” He said.
“Hey.” She said.

He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her in. He wrapped his arms around her.

“I hate fighting with you.” He said.
“Me too.” She replied.
“This can’t keep happening.” He said.
“I know.” She said.

She could just end it all right now, but how could she leave someone she once loved. They used to be perfect together. They met at University of Michigan and have been together ever since. She moved everywhere with to be with Jack, she was his number one fan.

Why would be having these thoughts of leaving Jack, if she really loved him? Her mind just raced as always. She didn’t know what to do. She knew she was going to hurt Jack either way and she was actually sorry for that. She never meant for that to happen.

As confused as she was, she knew deep down what she was doing was so wrong. She still never said or did anything.

She curled up on the couch with Jack like nothing was wrong.

In a few days she would be there, by Jack’s side as he celebrated his birthday with his friends and family. They would have the best time. She would act again like nothing was wrong.

But like most of her plans, nothing worked out right.

The day before the big party, Jack and Bella were into another huge fight. One of their biggest yet, Jack though he found more evidence of Bella cheating. She yelled her way through lies.

She slammed the door and walked to her car. She got in, and started driving. She knew what she was doing was wrong. She finally knew she had to make the choice.

She turned the car around and headed back to her place she shared with Jack.
She opened the door and heard Jack on the phone. He was yelling. He knew. She knew what was coming next.

He hung up the phone and looked at her.

“Why aren’t you on your way to Pittsburgh?” He asked.
“I’m done lying to you. I came to get my stuff.” She replied.
“You’re leaving?” He asked.
“That is what you want, isn’t it?” She asked.
“I want the truth.” He said. “Why did you do this me. I though we had something.”
“I was dumb and felt I needed to take my angry out somehow.” Bella began. “And I know, cheating on you with your best friend was not the best idea.”

She walked into their former room and started packing a bag. She had no idea where she was going to go. She knew it was all her own fault. This was her mistake.

“Why Bella. You moved with me since the day I started in the NHL. Why isn’t that enough to make you happy.” He asked. He was hurt and he had every right to be.

“You have made me the happiest girl.” She began to say before she was cut off.

“Then why cheat? If you were so happy.” He asked.
“I was stupid.” She said.
“How long?” He asked.
“The past two months.” She said. “Since we began really fighting.”
“Why couldn’t you have just tried working out our problems instead of causing more.” He asked.
“I wasn’t thinking. I know how dumb I was. I know I ruined everything.” She said.

She finished packing.

“I’ll come by tomorrow and get the rest of my stuff.” She said.
“Where are you going?” He asked
“Hotel for tonight.” She replied.
“After that?” He asked.
“Home.” She said. “I have no other place to go.”
“Not Pittsburgh?” He asked.
“I don’t want to be with Sidney.” She said. “I don’t want to be with the person I let ruin my life.”
“What a shocker.” Jack said.
“I’m sorry Jack.” Bella said.

She grabbed her bag and headed out the door. She got into her car, and just started crying. She had realized how much a mistake she made. She had just lost the love of her life because she made a stupid choice.

She began driving away. She drove towards the city. She found a hotel, and checked herself in. She had a text from Sidney said he was sorry for the problem he caused. She just deleted it.

Bella basically cried herself to sleep. She had no one else to blame but herself.

She woke up the next morning, wishing it was all just a big nightmare.

She had no idea what she would do next.

Jack had no idea what he was going to do without her.

He loved her. She loved him. But this was too much.

He couldn’t forgive her for this. Cheating was just out of the question.

She knew this. She knew he couldn’t take her back.

A little angry fun turned out to be the biggest mistake of her life.