Take It Out on Me.

part six.

Days turned into weeks. Bella didn’t hear from Jack.

Bella kept busy with work as much as she could, taking and picking up shifts. She tried to keep her mind from thinking about Jack, but it was hard.

Jack put all his effort into hockey. He tried to keep as busy as he could. He picked up the phone quite a few times but never called Bella.

He had it out with Sidney. Sidney took all his yelling, he deserved it. He ruined Jack’s life.
How could he trust someone again.

Jack though he was going to spend the rest of his life with Bella and now he had no idea.

The team noticed that Bella was gone, but Jack didn’t tell them right away what happened. He didn’t want that drama. When they first noticed and asked, he just said she was gone home for family reasons.

After a few weeks, he finally told his teammate and someone who understood. Scott Hartnell. He also didn’t say who Bella cheated on him with. He didn’t need that drama inside the locker room or on the ice.

“I wish you would have said something sooner.” Scott said.
“It was just hard to believe it was really happening.” Jack said.
“Do you know who it was with?” Scott asked.
“Yes.” Jack replied. “But no one needs to know.”
“That’s fine. Whenever you are ready.” Scott said. “You know we are all here for you.”
“I know. Thank you.” Jack said. “I don’t know why but I miss her. I just want to call.”
“It’s hard. Believe me I know. I wanted to pick the phone so many times. I never did.” Scott began. “You need to be happy before you do anything.”
“Thanks.” Jack said.

Weeks then turned into months. Bella picked up her phone many of times, but never sent anything. She needed to give Jack the space he asked for. She had to be able to deal with everything ended when he finally would call. Or she hoped he would at least call to end it.

After almost three months, Jack picked up that phone and called that familiar number.

Bella couldn’t believe the name popping up on screen. She was happy but scared all at the same time. She was just walking out of the hospital towards her car after a shift. She picked up.

“Hi.” Bella said. She had no idea what to expect or even what to say.
“Hi Bella. How are you.” Jack asked.
“I’m okay. How are you?” She asked.
“The same. I guess it’s time we finally talked.” Jack said.
“Yes, it is.” Bella said.
“Well if you didn’t know already, we are in town tomorrow.” Jack said.
“I have been keeping tabs.” she replied.
“I think this should be a face to face conversation.” Jack began. “Do you want to grab coffee before the game?”
“I would love to.” Bella said.
“I will see you then.” Jack said.

They both hung up. Bella had no idea what to expect for tomorrow. She would finally see Jack face to face again. She missed him more than anything.

Bella and Jack both woke up with knots in their stomach.

Jack knew how the day was going to go. Bella didn’t know what to expect.

It was going to the hardest conversation he ever had to have, but it was finally time to say goodbye.

Jack didn’t want to have spend his time looking over his shoulder or worrying that he would be cheated on again. He wanted to be happy.

Bella couldn’t take back her actions, as stupid as she was, she had to live with them and if Jack wanted to end it, she had to accept it. She wanted him to be happy.

Bella got a text from Jack where to meet him. She got ready and headed off.

She smiled when she seen him, she was happy to see him.

They talked for a bit. Jack couldn’t do this in a public place. He had a heart and didn’t want a big scene to take place. He also didn’t want to see Bella cry in problem.

“I’ll see you after the game.” Jack asked. As they were leaving.
“If you want.” Bella said.
“There is a few things in private that we need to talk about.” Jack said.
“I’ll see you then.” Bella said.

The moment of truth happened after the game. Bella went to the hotel that Jack was staying at. He was able to have a room by himself, which made it easier for him.

“It’s been a long few months and I have been doing a lot of thinking. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder and worrying. It’s not fair.” Jack began. Bella’s heart sank. “I loved you from the moment I met you, you were my best friend. But cheating is something I can’t forgive. I still can’t believe you did that. I lost two important people in the same night.”
“You have no idea how sorry I am.” Bella said.
“Bella, you ripped my heart out. The fighting and lying. I don’t understand how a person can do that to someone they claim love.” Jack said.
“I understand your choice. I was an idiot and I will never forget myself for hurting you.” Bella said.
“I do have a heart and do want you to be happy.” Jack said. “I still love you, but I can’t be with you anymore.”
“I’m sorry Jack. I’ll always love you.” Bella said.
“Goodbye Bella.” Jack said.

Bella left, she held back all tears until she got to her car. She put this all on herself. She knew this was all her fault.

She made a horrible choice and because of it she has to deal with life without the guy who truly cared about her.

Jack was left alone and with broken trust. If the the girl he was madly in love with could do this to him, would else could he expect.

For the first in years, they weren’t together. It almost felt like a waste of years.
♠ ♠ ♠
this story is harder to write with the real life drama in Jack Johnson's life because I feel so bad for the guy.

but thanks for the support and glad you are enjoying the story so far :)