Take It Out on Me.

part seven.

The days turned into weeks, the weeks turned into months, again.

Jack focused on hockey. He heard the rumours, but he never talked about them. He didn’t want everyone to know what was going on in his personal life. They didn’t need to know anyway.

Bella focused on work in the hospital. Very few people knew what happened and she wanted to keep it that way. She didn’t feel like everyone should know her personal business.

They both picked up the phone so many times, but either one every made that phone call.

Jack went out a couple times with the guys and also with girls his teammates tried setting him up with. He had fun, but he couldn’t make anything serious out of it all. He knew he still needed more time, he needed to be able to feel like he could trust again.

Bella was alone. She didn’t make any effort to go out with anyone, she had offers, but always said no. She only wanted one person, but she knew she would never have him. She knew it was her own fault. She didn’t know if she would ever find anyone like him again.

Once the hockey season was over, Jack and a few of the younger single teammates headed down south for a much needed vacation. Jack knew he needed to get away from everything, it would be a much needed break for him.

Bella and her two best friends from high school always talked about taking a trip down south since they never were able to in high school and university. Without even knowing, Bella and Jack were about to end up at the same destination spot.

Jack and his friends arrived the day before Bella and her friends. Jack and the guys were settling in pretty well. They were ready to let lose and relax but also knew they had to still act professional since anyone could be watching and they didn’t want anything getting back to the team.

Bella and the girls arrived at the hotel. They checked in and got their bags to their room. It didn’t take them long to put their bikinis on and head down to the pool.

Jack was on side of the pool. He couldn’t believe when he looked up. Of course one of the guys who didn’t have an idea what was going on spoke up.
“Isn’t that Bella.” asked Ryan Murray.
“It looks like her.” said Cam Atkinson
“I don’t know” Jack said quickly. “Let’s not even bother.”

The guys listened and didn’t pay anymore attention to it. They had no idea why they broke up and Jack knew this would not be a good time to break that news to them.

The girls didn’t notice. They just laid out in the sun, just having girl talk. They knew what happened and tried to support Bella as best as they could, they knew she would always feel guilty about what she did.

After a few hours of being in the sun and a few drinks, the girls headed back up to their room to get ready for supper later on. They ended up being at one end of the hotel and the guys were at the other.

The guys were at the beach for most of the day. Jack didn’t want to run into Bella at the pool. He knew she had no idea he was there.

Supper for both parties went over well, no running into each other. Jack didn’t even see Bella, he though they went at different times or they were off to another place.

The girls had a long day of traveling so they had an early night while the boys had a night out on the town. Jack needed that even more. The guys took very good care of him. He tried flirty with other girls, but it was still too hard for him. He did try really hard but then felt bad if Bella would see. Though he knew that doesn’t matter anymore. He could take a girl back to his room if he wanted and there was nothing she could do about it.

A small part of him wanted Bella to see him having fun, moving on, being with another girl. That small part wanted to hurt her a little, make her feel like he did. But of course, those feelings didn’t last too long. Well for that night at least. He was also drunk.

The next morning the girls ate breakfast and headed out for a day on the beach and a boat. The guys woke up with hangovers so they are and headed down to the pool for more drinks. Another afternoon of not running into each other. Jack did his best to try and enjoy his time and just forget about Bella.

Cam and Ryan tried asking again what was going on. Jack just wouldn’t say a word. He could have let it all out, but he didn’t want the guys to start anything. He was handling this better than most other guys would do.

Once again the girls got ready and went to supper. They were having fun, laughing, eating and drinking. When Bella was looking across the the dinning room. She couldn’t believe her eyes. She didn’t know if she who she was seeing was real or just the alcohol messing with her. She just played it off. She never said a word to her friends.

After supper, the girls headed back to their room, to freshen up before having a night out. Bella didn’t know what to think or do. The girls knew something was going on by this point.

“What is it Bella?” Brie asked.
“You have been acting weird since supper.” Paige added in.
“You can tell us anything, you know that.” Nikki said.
“I don’t know for sure, I don’t know if it was the drinks or not.” Bella started. “I think I seen Jack.”
“Seriously?” Paige asked. “You can’t let this ruin the trip.”
“You know we are here for you, if it really is him.” Nikki said.
“Are you going to ask him?” Brie asked.
“I don’t know. I mean if it is him, if he wants to talk. He can call. It’s his choice.” Bella said.
“Let’s get ready and have fun. Forget about it for now.” Brie said.

The girls were ready and headed to the hotel bar. They got drinks and were having fun. Bella tried to just ignore everything and be there with the girls. It was hard for her.
Jack gave into the guys and went to the hotel bar with them.

It had been months since Jack and Bella had seen each other or even spoke to one another. Here they were miles and miles away from home in a Cancun bar, running into each other.

Bella walked to the bar, a tall male stood beside her. She didn’t pay attention until she heard that voice.

“Bella?”

She looked up and met Jack’s eyes.

“Jack?”
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for the comments.
enjoy.
xoxox