Status: indefinite hiatus

Serendipity

And we are a family, you are my everything

Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.

—Brad Henry


Not everyone got to say that their dad was a rockstar or that their mom was a supermodel. Not everyone got to say they went to their first rock concert when they three. Not everyone got to say that they started modeling before they born. Not everyone had a family like mine.

My family was one of a kind. My mom modeled for all the major designers and could be found jetting off around the world to do shows or shoots. My dad had played all over the world and could be found recording or playing shows. My dad came along with three uncles while my mom came along with handfuls of aunts. My uncles and dad were who taught me all about music. My mom and aunts were who taught me all about makeup.

They balanced each other out. Without them, I wouldn't be as cultured as I am, I guess you could say. I had been to many different countries by the time I was ten, both with my father and mother. They were who taught me all about life and how to be the person I am today. They helped mold me into the person I am today. And for that I'm thankful. I'm a eighteen year old model wannabe Mariah Carrie who doesn't fake it around people she doesn't like. I do my own thing. I'm my own person. I have my own mind. I was Sullivan Layne Hetfield, daughter of frontman of Metallica, James Hetfield and supermodel, Helena Christensen.

All I needed was my family to keep me grounded and remind me of where I came from. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. My life couldn't get any better.

&&&

When a popstar told me he loved me, I turned to my family. When I told the popstar that I didn't love him like he did me, I turned to my family.

"I don't...I don't love you like you love me," I whispered. His green eyes stared at me with a look in them that screamed his heart was just broken into a million tiny little pieces. "What do you mean?" He questioned.

My mom always told me to never fall in love with a famous person. But she didn't tell me to never let a famous fall in love with me. And she never told me how hard it would be when I broke a guys heart.

Looking down at my hands, I twisted my skull ring around my right ring finger. "I just...We're friends. I don't want to ruin that, Harry." I sighed. "I'm sorry."

When I broke the popstars heart, I turned to my family.

Nothing's really a prized possession except my family, you know?

—James Hetfield
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello!! Tell me your thoughts!

RE-WRITTEN